Courses to take....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Courses to take....

I'm deciding what courses I should take for grade 11. I have to hand them in soon enough, so I thought I might seek a nit of advice.

Alright, I need to take eight courses. So far, I'm sure I'm taking English, some course about choices and living stuff (I need one course from it's "category"), computer programming, math, sparticus phys. ed. (Just basically a lot of long distance running and working out), and chemistry (supposedly it's important in computer careers). That's six. I need two more.

I'm most likely going to be some kind of computer using guy, but I know that's pretty general. Any good suggestions of careers I'd be good at, and courses I should take to make sure my options are open would be much obliged.

I'm pretty sure I'll take CommTech again making seven out of ten. This year it was a lot of webpage design, 3D studio, and stuff like that, which is pretty good. I think I'm going to stay away from the business computer course, since the "Working with industry-standard software" in the description of the course sounds like it'll be a "Ok folks, this is called Microsoft Word..." course.

So, I have one more to choose from. Right now I'm thinking some kind of history (suggestions on what kind are nice). There's not much better courses than that. Just stuff like geography, art, french (ewwwwww), etc.
    The only constant is change.
    (And I wouldn't have it any other way.)

whats offered at your school?
    I have sex with my hand!

Comment

Pick up a 35mm, and do a Photography course. It'll change your perspective on life.
      -TuF- Emptying clan servers of their own clan members since 2010
      - Agg moderator campaign supporter 2011
      - #2 of 3 LANers of the Apocalypse!
      -YT

Comment

Originally posted by FixXxeR
        Pick up a 35mm, and do a Photography course. It'll change your perspective on life.

yeah only if your a fag jking thats cool but i say technology
        I have sex with my hand!

Comment

Take Calculus! I did and I love every minute of it!
          /extreme sarcasm

Comment

Latin
            formerly littlek

Comment

European history.

If you are going into computer science in a post-secondary school (If you don't, good luck finding a job), you are going to need calculus. And you are going to have to like math, too. Otherwise, don't bother. Go into arts, or whatever if programming isn't what suits you.

Also, I suggest you take Geography. It does a good job of explaining some interesting things about the economies, and environments of both our current civilisation, and those of civilisations long gone.

Comment

ok...where are the advanced placement courses?

Comment

"Don't know much about history, don't know much biology..."
                  AlienMode ThieveryUT adaption
                  Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.
                  Life is a bitch, then you get cancer. One story is good till another is told.

Comment

Given discussions we've had and other recent posts in this forum, I'd suggest something that teaches scientific method and critical analysis of data.

Comment

Originally posted by HomeSkillet
                      Originally posted by FixXxeR

yeah only if your a fag jking thats cool but i say technology
                      Gimme a tight shirt and call me a fag! 35mm pwnz digicameras.
                      -TuF- Emptying clan servers of their own clan members since 2010
                      - Agg moderator campaign supporter 2011
                      - #2 of 3 LANers of the Apocalypse!
                      -YT

Comment

I don't know what I want to do with my life. I know! I'll make a post on the
                        forums and let them decide!

Comment

Originally posted by LaughingRat
                          Given discussions we've had and other recent posts in this forum, I'd suggest something that teaches scientific method and critical analysis of data.
                          Uhhh... no.

I believe in my religion, why should I critically analyse my own "evidence"? I only gave it to connect the dots a bit, not prove God's existance.

Comment

Originally posted by CrouchingDork
                            Originally posted by LaughingRat
                            Uhhh... no.

I believe in my religion, why should I critically analyse my own "evidence"? I only gave it to connect the dots a bit, not prove God's existance.
                            So, you believe in something you were indoctorinated into as a child, to the point that you will not even analyse it.

That, my friends is the problem of being born into a religious family. I thank that Builder guy every day that my parents are atheists.

Comment

You're taking what I said the wrong way.

I've definately questioned and analyzed my denomination many times, and got good answers (not just from people in my denomination either).

I mean I'm not going to analyze a little bit of "evidence" I gave to connect the dots. Geez, how many times do I have to say it.

Anyways, let's keep this thread on track....

Comment

Working...
                              X