Thievery the board game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thievery the board game

Actually, this is not a thievery board game. It has nothing to do with theivery. But similarities are there. A friend jsut introduced me to this wonderful game. The game is called Diplomacy. Set in Europe of 1901, the goal is to capture by any means neccesary 18 supply centers. Its like risk, but the turns are simultaneous. Players write their orders down on paper, then reveal them all at once. This leaves the floor open to all sorts of backstabbing, treachery and all around sneakiness. Just the type of things good theivery players should have anyway.
    Anyone else hear of this game?
    “That’s not what justice is,” the colonel jeered, and began pounding the table again with his big fat hand. “That’s what Karl Marx is. I’ll let you know what justice is. Justice is a knee in the gut from the floor.

Nah. I only like Monopoly.
    -TuF- Emptying clan servers of their own clan members since 2010
    - Agg moderator campaign supporter 2011
    - #2 of 3 LANers of the Apocalypse!
    -YT

Comment

Forget Monopoly, fix! (F i x x x e r) Hungry Hungry Hippos all the way!

I do enjoy a good game of Mancala as well, every now and again.

Any chance for a link about this game, Don't Panic?

Comment

Some of my family once played diplomacy, but at the time I was too young and naive to understand it. I think I was about 8 or something. I remember moves being done in seasons, and the little ship and bullet shaped counters, but that's about it.

Comment

Diplomacy and HHH are old news. Cootie is the game of the FUTURE!

Comment

The official avalon hill site is
            http://www.avalonhill.com/default.asp?x=games/diplomacy

I found a great fan group at
            http://devel.diplom.org/DipPouch/

And as a side note, looking at the board pieces, they are what the cannon and steamship monopoly tokens are based on.
            “That’s not what justice is,” the colonel jeered, and began pounding the table again with his big fat hand. “That’s what Karl Marx is. I’ll let you know what justice is. Justice is a knee in the gut from the floor.

Comment

Thanks, I do enjoy games such as this, I believe I will enjoy it. :wink:
              "He said he didn't trust me, so I killed him."--Hidden_Wolfe

Comment

Played it a couple of times before some years back (around 1990). Fun game. As you said, simlar to Risk. Of course, much less chance involved, and far greater emphasis on deal making, alliance building, etc. Played it with a large group of more experienced players, and kept getting trounced. Found it quite instructive about the nature of poltics. If playing with a large group, just make sure you do not have to get up any particular time in the morning (or afternoon for that matter). :grin:
                Give some taffer fire, and you'll keep him warm for the night with one less reason to cause trouble for the master.
                Set a taffer on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life, and have no need to bother the master.

Comment

Candy Land.

That is all. Move Along.
                  Genius is a blink before a moment of insanity.
                  "Dream is Destiny"
                  Waking Life

Comment

Found out that playing/studying this game is mandatory in the final year of my university major (international relations), Can't wait.

Comment

Working...
                    X