This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is lame???

Plz tell me what in ur opinion is lame???
    I collect the things and will make a vote on friday!!!!!
    Why iam doing this???
    Somebody told me a lamer but in my opinion im not such one!!!

PLZ tell me ur opinions about lame things!!
    My english isnt the best!

Lame:

1. Disabled so that movement, especially walking, is difficult or impossible: Lame from the accident, he walked with a cane. A lame wing kept the bird from flying.
    2. Marked by pain or rigidness: a lame back.
    3. Weak and ineffectual; unsatisfactory: a lame attempt to apologize; lame excuses for not arriving on time.

But to answer your question, for me lame is:

- Joining after the balance just ended , AKA latejoining.
    - Joining in midgame with underbalanced teams ( 1 thief vs 8 guards ) ... WITHOUT asking.
    - (ab)using tactics / exploits that affect the balance in a way it's imposible to win. Example: doorblocking on gerome or breakout. Mega camping the crypts of korman if you found the gem. [ whistlers in every corner, dropped flares on the gem, 2 guards with firebolts ontop of the gem, sea of caltrops and mines ]
    - And alot more, but i'm too lazy to type them out
    On demand this signature has been changed. I hope nobody was insulted or got harmed due to my signature. If this is the case, I'm fully responsible for the harm that was done. Do you feel harmed or you simply want a listening ear?

Call 0900-PHAE

Comment

doorblocking, guardhunting :wink: (only on Brodys ), bugexploiting using (personally I think ITS ok on skletston head!!!), objectivestacking and everything what takes the fun out of the game...
      "Blockheads never learn, Clever learn by his own mistakes, Intelligents learn by mistakes of others."

Comment

Let me see now... this is most likley about today on ToBs server, Nanaki was putting the chest on top of the ruby on Folly.

Think of it this way, as a thief, you jump past the mines and caltrops, avoid the guards, only to have the objective covered with a huge box the guards use to replenish thier equipment. It just takes the fun out of the game for the thieves.
        -TuF- Emptying clan servers of their own clan members since 2010
        - Agg moderator campaign supporter 2011
        - #2 of 3 LANers of the Apocalypse!
        -YT

Comment

What do you mean you *collect* things? Object stacking by guards is over used in my opinion.

Comment

to drop the chest over the ruby is tactical and not lame
            GGGGGGGGGGRRRRRRRRRRRR
            Its one box and not 15 dead bodys from other players....
            Look the word " Supply Chest " supply means help and also , in my opinion, u can use it for supplying yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by Nanaki
              Look the word " Supply Chest " supply means help and also , in my opinion, u can use it for supplying yourself.
              Yeah right, rofl. Supply means "to give" like in "to supply someone with apples".

Anyways, the chest on an small object sucks indeed. A tactic it is, a lame tactic it is too. Your comment on the 15 dead thief bodies ( which is imposible btw ) isn't really a great argument for using the chest. The chest blocks the gem from being picked up, 15 thief bodies do not do this 100%
              On demand this signature has been changed. I hope nobody was insulted or got harmed due to my signature. If this is the case, I'm fully responsible for the harm that was done. Do you feel harmed or you simply want a listening ear?

Call 0900-PHAE

Comment

Its one item and thieves can flash ya 3 times...
                Its only ONE item
                ONLY ONE
                By the way thieves can steel the sc too and thats very funny.
                The guards drop the sc and the thieves can steal and destroy it....
                Its only ONE item

Comment

Having to frob the chest twice not only takes longer, it also makes the chest opening sound.... A dead give away, and a hail of firebolts will be coming your way.

Comment

Plz think on the topic thread
                    I want to know whats lame in ur opinion

Comment

Would not bother with a poll as that has been tried before. The opinions are quite varied on this topic. Try a search on "lame tactics" and the like!

From what I have seen, lame is a tactic that an opposing player sees no effective counter for.

For myself, the only things I see as lame are program hacks and and bug exploits that completely bypass balance systems (the most infamous was the wall hack that allowed players to reach through walls and get items in relative safety). Aside from that, I am typically indifferent to the tactics used against me. The only tactics I do not use are ones that take the fun out of the game for myself in some way, or simply are not allowed per server rules.

In the case in question, you seem to have been found guilty of objective stacking. Obviously, that slows the thief down when trying to obtain the objective, giving guards a better chance at getting them. Some will say it is fair, some that it it is nearly impossible to counter. Having faced it as a thief numerous times, I have no problem with. Once, I even managed to move the chest and get out with little damage so it is possible to overcome (especially considering my relative skill level). For me though, the fun of the game comes not from winning, rather it is trying to overcome the challenges inherent in the game.

As far I am concerned, if it is within the games natural parameters, and not disallowed by the server, it should be considered okay.
                      Give some taffer fire, and you'll keep him warm for the night with one less reason to cause trouble for the master.
                      Set a taffer on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life, and have no need to bother the master.

Comment

Just follow the rules set up on whatever server you're playing on and if a admin tells you not to do something then don't on his/her server.

The only kind of stacking I find unacceptable it putting bolts in the lyre on Nostalgia. This makes it litterally impossible to get the lyre.

Comment

Then the admins must make a list with things that arent allowed.

That with the bolts is very bad......

Comment

Originally posted by Nanaki
                            to drop the chest over the ruby is tactical and not lame
                            GGGGGGGGGGRRRRRRRRRRRR
                            Its one box and not 15 dead bodys from other players....
                            Placing caltrops in a doorway is tactical. Placing the chest on top of an objective is lame. It takes the thief twice as long to get the objective, than if it wasnt there.

You asked, and this is the answer.

Also, it doesnt matter what 'supply' means. All that matters is guards effectivly have an infinate amount of flares and bolts. So long as the chest is not stolen or smashed and not repaired.
                            -TuF- Emptying clan servers of their own clan members since 2010
                            - Agg moderator campaign supporter 2011
                            - #2 of 3 LANers of the Apocalypse!
                            -YT

Comment

Originally posted by PhaeThorn
                              - (ab)using tactics / exploits that affect the balance in a way it's imposible to win. Example: doorblocking on gerome or breakout. Mega camping the crypts of korman if you found the gem. [ whistlers in every corner, dropped flares on the gem, 2 guards with firebolts ontop of the gem, sea of caltrops and mines ]
                              While I'd agree that tactics that are uncounterable are "lame", I have to take issue with your specific examples. Doorblocking is NOT uncounterable, it's just uncounterable by players who have voluntarily chosen not to use the methods necessary to counter it. Therefore, not lame.

Put another way, a player's refusal to use a counter to a specific tactic doesn't render that tactic lame.

Aside from that, see Thebos post above. Hacks/exploits/nonstandard game files that give an UNFAIR advantage (as separate and distinguished from a FAIRLY earned advantage, such as superior skill, tactics, or teamwork).

Originally posted by Grank
                              The only kind of stacking I find unacceptable it putting bolts in the lyre on Nostalgia. This makes it litterally impossible to get the lyre.
                              Which in not necessary to win the map. It makes the round harder for thieves, sure, but not unwinnable, or even unwinnable by objective.

Comment

Working...
                              X