new computers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new computers

i've been looking on ebay for a couple weeks now and i see computers pretty cheap. my question is what does it mean when it saids bear bones system? also what are some good qualities i should look for?
    I have sex with my hand!

Barebones system is one that has the motherboard, CPU, and usually the ram
    that goes with that combo. But the CD drives and Harddrives, modem, etc you need to install yourself, by either buying them or moving from your old system
    providing they are compatible. If you've never built a system yourself or are not
    up-to-date on which components are compatible be careful.
    Barebones is not a complete computer.

Comment

I would reccomend NOT getting a PC off ebay. My friend bought one a few years back and every single piece was low grade stuff that seemed to not have passed factory tests. It basically never got up and running well and they dumped the thing. The seller didn't help much when they sent him emails too. If you're looking for cheap, try www.pricewatch.com but be sure when you find a site you want to buy from that you go to google and type the name of the site with 'review' after it to make it's reliable.

Comment

would you guys suggest that i go to like comp USA or best buy and get one because i'm looking for a 2.6- 2.8 ghtz with 80gb- 120 gh memory with 512 ddr ram.
        I have sex with my hand!

Comment

Whatever you do get, make sure it has a decent warranty. You will most likely have to pay for an extended warranty, for another 3 years, but for my computer, I will shell out the cash to protect my investment.
          With the system specs you posted, that is decent, don't deal with someone or something your not familiar with, to try and save money, know what you are getting and doing, deal with a good company, that can back the warranty. In the long run, trying to save will end up costing you more. Do your homework before you buy, before you shell out the cash. I would not go the ebay route either.

look also at www.newegg.com Good prices too, great customer service, has talked to people that have bought from them.

Comment

look at www.alienware.com <--- that is the heaven
            "Blockheads never learn, Clever learn by his own mistakes, Intelligents learn by mistakes of others."

Comment

I've heard bad things about Alienware recently, plus they aren't as good as dell for your money.

Newegg.com is good, but there are a ton of good sites out there that are just as low priced and just as good with customer service. I recently bought some new equipment and went with www.ajump.com instead of newegg because they didn't have the parts I was looking for.

Comment

I personally bought all my computer bits from newegg.com and put them together. No problems at all.

Comment

I bought all my parts from ebay with no problems. Just make sure you know what your doing, check the seller's feedback before you buy.
                  <-- Resident Nightblade suggestion attorney...

Comment

Originally posted by Dalai
                    I personally bought all my computer bits from newegg.com and put them together. No problems at all.
                    Exactly. Be your own warranty and save! Customer service is better, too, although I've had some problems with me getting uppity with myself when something went wrong, and I didn't want to fix it.

Comment

Hmm I don't see good things there on www.ajump.com....
                      But well I have never bought a PC there!
                      "Blockheads never learn, Clever learn by his own mistakes, Intelligents learn by mistakes of others."

Comment

What do people think about those frag-box type computers?! I think my Next PC will be one of those, not only for the gaming aspect, but for the nice frontside ports and easy to carry handle.

I hear they can be difficult to upgrade due to their size, bug how about performance?

Comment

Go with Shuttle instead.

Comment

For USians: Couple www.pricewatch.com with www.resellerratings.com

For Canadians: www.ncix.com coupled with www.bbf.ca will get you some of(if not the) best prices and service in the country(use price match, although most prices on ncix are pretty much the lowest or within a few dollars of the lowest). You most likely wont have to pay PST unless you're in BC.
                            Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia, n. See also Irony.

Comment

Has anybody here got an alienware PC?

Comment

Working...
                              X