Taking myself down a few notches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Taking myself down a few notches

Last night I was playing against a bunch of Mockers who were out to prove how good they are. Anyways I thought I'd shove it up them and I thought I was doing so sniping from behind a couch in the library with the chest and flares to light the doorway. At the time I thought they were too scared to come in and I kept killing them till Shug found a way to hit me. I repsawned in a woken ai and killed Shug and thought I was doing really well and I was an arrogant bastard. Sorry for that. Second they couldn't get in because they stuck a vine arrow outside the door and if they had gotten in they would have kicked my arse (I thought they were too scared ). I'm puclicly apologising and letting everyone know that they should have beaten me.
    Night of the Werewolves II
    HarryPotterwars
    A Thief's Guide to Thievery for UT (video not complete yet)

Yeah, ok ... thank you.
    On demand this signature has been changed. I hope nobody was insulted or got harmed due to my signature. If this is the case, I'm fully responsible for the harm that was done. Do you feel harmed or you simply want a listening ear?

Call 0900-PHAE

Comment

Originally posted by Convict
      I was behind a couch in the library too scared and they have kicked my arse and they have beaten me.
      I think that says it all.

Comment

Rofl Convict, no one really cares. We were just unlucky the vine couldn't be frobbed out of the way. It's not like it's a big OMG Mocker issue; any three thieves in our position would have had it pretty easy (although that may have been because we'd already slaughtered everyone in the first place.) That is to say, if the vine wasn't there, any team would have charged you and it would have been game over.

I just had a go at you when you started proclaiming that we needed to improve, or something along those lines; struck me as a tad cocky that you'd say that after a bug won the game for you. Ironically enough, it was a vine arrow that killed you in the evi room - they were all I had left by the time I'd figured out how to get to you. :grin:
        Nightmaster,
        .:Mockers Thievery Guild:.
        - "until the cat is skinned"

Comment

lol That was such a bizarre game, the 3 of us dm'ed all in the level bar Convict, without losing a life. But then trouble struck, we were actually purposely dieing in order to get new equipment and arrows, to try to hit him. Dragged on for ages as well.
          Lessons:
          - A deep resentment for vine arrows
          - And now i'm paranoid of couches
          .: Daymaster - Mockers Thievery Guild :.

Comment

this thread will self lock in...
            -TuF- Emptying clan servers of their own clan members since 2010
            - Agg moderator campaign supporter 2011
            - #2 of 3 LANers of the Apocalypse!
            -YT

Comment

Originally posted by FixXxeR
              this thread will self lock in...
              are you admin/mod?
              "Blockheads never learn, Clever learn by his own mistakes, Intelligents learn by mistakes of others."

Comment

That's a silly question, unless it was rhetorical, but it's a little hard to tell.

Comment

haha, dont tell me this just were a friendly/public match....?
                  .: Infiltrator - Mockers Thievery Guild :.

www.youtube.com/user/Richard413

Comment

I enjoy good recounts of wierd matches. Details, people!
                    "Garlisk's got a lov-el-y bunch of coconuts."

Comment

Ok here's the details from my perspective.

Guards are being DMed by a coordinated Mockers attack. A noob, myself (not much better than a noob), and someone else were guarding. All the guards were DMed except me and Gerome who was also in the library trapped by the chest.

Mockers had shot a vine arrow or two into the ceiling outside the library door (why?) and unknown to me noone could get in or out (the arrow head disappeared). I crouched behind the couch and jumped up periodically to throw a flare to the doorway to see any mockers then crouched down into safety and leaned left to snipe at the doorway. Anyways I was on 1 hp and I killed 3 mockers by sniping and leaning over to the chest to resupply in safety. Shug was the final thief and managed to hit me with an (vine) arrow. However a guard had awoken and I respawned. Shug cam to DM me with a sword and a flash. However the flash was not well enough aimed and I was only partially blinded. I retreated backwards into a room and shot a firebolt at Shug. As my vision improved I shot my 2nd (and last) firebolt into Shug and killed him. Match won by guard team.

However at that point I didnt realise that the mockers couldn't enter the library and I thought I had had an awesome match. The rest is history.
                      Night of the Werewolves II
                      HarryPotterwars
                      A Thief's Guide to Thievery for UT (video not complete yet)

Comment

LOL! You mean that the entire map was open for looting and the Mockers were attempting to win by DM? There's no loot in the library!

Comment

Convict was that on brodys?
                          "Blockheads never learn, Clever learn by his own mistakes, Intelligents learn by mistakes of others."

Comment

There is loot in the Geromes library. Just that anythief who gets in typically either dies, or is around just long enough to read the evidence.
                            Give some taffer fire, and you'll keep him warm for the night with one less reason to cause trouble for the master.
                            Set a taffer on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life, and have no need to bother the master.

Comment

Huh, ok. I was thinking this was Nostalgia for some reason, not Gerome.

Comment

Working...
                              X