Spider + guards going up vents = not fun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spider + guards going up vents = not fun

I believe everyone who was there will agree it wasn't fun for anyone.

So, I'm wondering if we can all agree to not use that entrance. I can. Can you?
    Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia, n. See also Irony.

yeh, it totally undermines the map and the intentions of the mapper. Therefore not cool
    .: Daymaster - Mockers Thievery Guild :.

Comment

Yeah, it's just too much of a campfest and just turns the game into a giant crawl until the thieves finally run in and die.

Comment

I don't use it as either a guard or a thief.
        Nearly all men can stand adversity -- if you want to test a man’s character, give him power.

Comment

We had quite a discussion on that a little while ago. I actually PM'ed Joelio to ask whether it was ment to be used as both exit and entrance, and he said he only ment it to be an exit.

http://www.thieveryut.com/bb/viewtop...r=asc&start=25

Comment

on what map?
            "Blockheads never learn, Clever learn by his own mistakes, Intelligents learn by mistakes of others."

Comment

Originally posted by Sandman
              on what map?
              TH-The Level With Spiders In It

Already been discussed. Moving along. Nothing to see here.

Comment

Yeah, been discussed, I think we agreed that some valiant soul would change the map to stop it happening, unfortuatly, nobody is brave enough to take the task! or just ask me to do it.
                ~TuF~

Comment

Originally posted by TheMachine
                  Yeah, been discussed, I think we agreed that some valiant soul would change the map to stop it happening, unfortuatly, nobody is brave enough to take the task! or just ask me to do it.
                  You could do it if you wanted to, but I doubt everyone would get the correct version and I doubt the servers would either. I think it would be better if we just tag this thing as an exploit and forbid players to do it. Then the fix could be put on the 1.5 wishlist together with all the other supposed map fixes.

Comment

I thought everybody agreed not to do that on the publics right?
                    "Blockheads never learn, Clever learn by his own mistakes, Intelligents learn by mistakes of others."

Comment

Originally posted by -=V12US=-
                      You could do it if you wanted to, but I doubt everyone would get the correct version and I doubt the servers would either. I think it would be better if we just tag this thing as an exploit and forbid players to do it. Then the fix could be put on the 1.5 wishlist together with all the other supposed map fixes.
                      I guess its very difficult to fixx that... There should be gates or something like that!
                      was just an idea. Hmm who made Spider?

Comment

which vents?
                        Boss: Can you at least make coffee?
                        Guy: It didn't work out at my last job
                        Boss: where did you last work?
                        Guy: Starbucks

Comment

Originally posted by Tobias_the_taffer
                          which vents?
                          I guess at the appartment!

Comment

actually putting gates up and only haveing then be unlocked by the thief gettign the apartment key would be cool.
                            I have sex with my hand!

Comment

Well no, since then guards chasing thieves would be trapped in there, and thieves could still go in from the vents with a key.

If they had gates only openable from the vents it would work.
                              The only constant is change.
                              (And I wouldn't have it any other way.)

Comment

Working...
                              X