Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Woa, crazy drawings

http://www.csl.sri.com/users/mwfong/Sidewalk_Flats/

i'd like to see those in real life...i think they would only look right if u see them from the correct angle/side ...otherwise i don't think they would 'work'

was just thinking it'd be pretty funny to see the 5th picture done on a street that has car traffic...see if cars get tricked and swerve around or honk
    http://profiles.myspace.com/users/7360475
    -=:ToB:=- / :]eDe[: Site: www.endarkend.net
    -=:ToB:=-Forums: www.endarkend.net/phpbb/
    -=:ToB:=-PayingSins (TUT MAP)- http://www.endarkend.net/downloads/m...oB_Payback.zip

Those are freakin AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    The Guard "eats, drinks, and sleeps"

Likita: lol, can't.. must..stay..awake.............

It's TACO TIME!

Comment

omg, the beverages in the fifth picture actually fooled me!
      Ah, to be a hero. Keeping such company...

Comment

WOW that looks so cool...
        I hope it won't rain after they finished it!
        "Blockheads never learn, Clever learn by his own mistakes, Intelligents learn by mistakes of others."

Comment

Deftones

Comment

Aye, they are very cool.

I saw these pics a week ago, though, and I studied them carefully. As an artist and a photoshop expert, I'm inclined to believe that at least a few of those chalk drawings are faked and a few are actually real.

The crawling guy doesn't seem real. The artistry is too perfect. The shape of the guy, the lighting, it's all too exacting. Look at the beer bottle and glass. One is photographic, one is supposed to be a chalk drawing. But both are pratically mirror images. Even the label is facing the same way and the foam and reflections in the glass are identical. More likely, the crawling guy was photographed twice, once in each spot. Then in Photoshop, an "art" filter was applied and the two were stitched together.

The laptop is highly suspicious if only for the reason that it spans nearly the entire width of the sidewalk in a busy city. Chalk drawings are usually done on the side in low-traffic areas or where people can easilly walk around it.
            "Garlisk's got a lov-el-y bunch of coconuts."

Comment

Seemann posted these on the TuF forums ages ago. Always one step ahead I'm afriad.
              -TuF- Emptying clan servers of their own clan members since 2010
              - Agg moderator campaign supporter 2011
              - #2 of 3 LANers of the Apocalypse!
              -YT

Comment

So I assume you have already seen these Buho
                http://www.ataricommunity.com/forums...hreadid=349787
                Feel the power of the

Comment

Anyone know where these were drawn?
                  formerly littlek

Comment

No, I haven't seen those. Pretty good, though. I like the effect very much. Old poster style. Good chance there are a half-dozen others like that. They look like a part of a series.
                    "Garlisk's got a lov-el-y bunch of coconuts."

Comment

Originally posted by littlek
                      Europe!
                      -TuF- Emptying clan servers of their own clan members since 2010
                      - Agg moderator campaign supporter 2011
                      - #2 of 3 LANers of the Apocalypse!
                      -YT

Comment

I wish there were pictures of multiple angles, so we could see what proportions they used to defeat the perspective.
                        Salsa: The Z axis is the Acromaster's domain

Comment

Originally posted by littlek
                          I think exacly France, Spain or Italy...
                          "Blockheads never learn, Clever learn by his own mistakes, Intelligents learn by mistakes of others."

Comment

I'd guess the second one is from the UK, seeing as it has John Major falling into a pit and the artist is wearing a Tony mask and the road in the background has a black cab parked on double-yellows

Comment

It is more than likely Photoshoppery has been used, but not in the cheating sense.

You see, it'd be quite easy to take a photo of the street where you're going to draw the thing, then paste the image you're going to draw on that, and stretch it so that the background is straight again.

As you can see, most of those pics are drawn on tiles. By stretching the image in photoshop, you get a simple plan for each tile. Helps a lot. And even that one pic with no tiles... he coulda used wires or something to make temporary tiles and removed them afterwards.

Everything is possible with a bit of imagination.

Oh, and that crawling guy. That's definitely made from a photo taken earlier.
                              Ah, to be a hero. Keeping such company...

Comment

Working...
                              X