The Triplets of Bellesville

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Triplets of Bellesville

Ok, a friend mentioned this to me. It's some kind of wierd animated movie that's really different. I just saw the trailer now and I just have to share! This looks fantastic!

http://www.apple.com/trailers/sony/t...bellville.html

I'm so delighted in the visuals of the trailer that I found myself laughing! And tapping my foot to the music! I'm a huge fan of quality artwork in comics and cartoons (so rare these days), so you could say I'm primed to rave about this movie. But critics are loving this movie too. RottenTomatoes.com calculates a 94% rating.

Has anyone seen it? What do you think? I'm going to try to see it this weekend. Only one theater is playing it within 40 miles of where I live.
    "Garlisk's got a lov-el-y bunch of coconuts."

It was on TV here over Christmas, I only caght the last half or so and didn't know what it was. Thanks It was very well animated, entertaining, and bizarre.

Comment

hmm I have never heard about it :|
      "Blockheads never learn, Clever learn by his own mistakes, Intelligents learn by mistakes of others."

Comment

Originally posted by Nachimir
        It was on TV here over Christmas, I only caght the last half or so and didn't know what it was. Thanks It was very well animated, entertaining, and bizarre.
        No no no, you're thinking of Belleville Rendezvous, the previous film by the same animator- the visual style (and some of the characters) is (/are) identical. He also did a short film called The Old Lady and the Pigeon.
        I'm sure you could rent / buy / download those while you wait for this.

Comment

They got one Oscar, I think.

[Edit]
          No, I'm wrong. They were nominated for Best Animated Film and Best Music (Song), but Finding Nemo and LOTR stole those ones.
          Ah, to be a hero. Keeping such company...

Comment

Working...
          X