Copyright Question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Copyright Question.

Ok, this may not be the right place to ask this, but you guys seem to know a lot (when comibined ).

Lets say I wanted to make an official web-comic, which I do, but I don't want to use my real name. Is there anyway I can copyright my art to an alias, and still have it be MINE?

And maybe explain how I can copyright a comic in the first place.

Thanks in advance.
    Garlisk's Fantasy Art Gallery
    www.usyetzer.com

sign it! or watermark the file with a paint program.

Comment

I have a family member who works in IT copyright policy, I'll find out for you once I get home from uni :wink: .

Comment

Any work you create is automagically copyrighted. It's possible to register copyrights, but that's slightly different. Even if you publish it under a different name, it's still your work, and thus you own the copyright.
        Nearly all men can stand adversity -- if you want to test a man’s character, give him power.

Comment

Originally posted by DarkBill
          Any work you create is automagically copyrighted. It's possible to register copyrights, but that's slightly different. Even if you publish it under a different name, it's still your work, and thus you own the copyright.
          Any work you create is automaticly copyrighted, but you will need to be able
          to show proof that you were the one who created it.

Comment

Originally posted by Ghostly apparition
            Any work you create is automaticly copyrighted, but you will need to be able to show proof that you were the one who created it.
            That's rarely hard.
            Nearly all men can stand adversity -- if you want to test a man’s character, give him power.

Comment

And damn... when are you gonna be online in IRC at the same time as I?

Heh.
              Ah, to be a hero. Keeping such company...

Comment

Any comics you produce, print them out and send them to yourself via registered post (or the US equivalent) and keep them un-opened. Then, if they are needed to be used for evidence you have here a DATED (the post office will date them) copy of your work, proving you thought of the idea first.
                ~TuF~

Comment

Originally posted by TheMachine
                  [ snip ]
                  That's a really good idea. We do that when we publish any music we've created. If the package is stamped, it can't get any clearer.

Comment

Yeah, TMach, that's what my friends do for thier band. As soon as they finish a song or lyrics for the song, they mail it off to themselves and keep it unopened. They now have a huge folder full of these, but it's quite qorth it.
                    Genius is a blink before a moment of insanity.
                    "Dream is Destiny"
                    Waking Life

Comment

Bourgeois individualism is never worth it for the masses!
                      Red Guard
                      Thievery UT

Comment

Working...
                      X