OMG Map Pix from Zid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OMG Map Pix from Zid

OK, I've decided to let you all actually SEE some screens of some of my mapping in progress, unlike previous mapping attempts . Hope ye enjoy em, and just in case you didn't know, the mapping is a Thieveryization of an Unreal map (Skytown.unr, AKA Na Pali Haven). There's still a lot to do but I think it's coming along well so far.

Above: One of the main outdoor areas in the Skytown

Below: Streets and main mansion entry

Above: A sewer sort of area

Below: I like calling it the 'towne-center'

Above: An indoor library type area

Below: Part of the interior of the mansion

I've got more pics, but I figure best not to post em all at once; first, find out if you like what you see

oohhhhhhhh

aaaahhhhhhhh

Very nice? When will we be able to play it? :grin:
    Genius is a blink before a moment of insanity.
    "Dream is Destiny"
    Waking Life

Comment

woah... outside area is.... square...

Comment

What is that big thing that looks like a hot grill over the tower in the first pic? And why are stars visible through the dark part of the moon?

Comment

Originally posted by LaughingRat
          What is that big thing that looks like a hot grill over the tower in the first pic? And why are stars visible through the dark part of the moon?
          Call me psychic but I was wondering about the exact same things.

Comment

Originally posted by -=V12US=-
            Call me psychic but I was wondering about the exact same things.
            OK, you're psychic.

Either that, or you just posted after I did, having already read my post.

Comment

The 'hot grill' as you put it is the bottom of a lookout platform on top of that spire. The red lights are always there btw, and they indicate the presence of outsiders in the town.

Stars are visible thru the dark part of the moon because I'm a lazy bum who hasn't fixed that part of the skybox yet

Oh, and MB... i thought you liked square things and all, you and your crate obsession :wink: .. well keep in mind as I said in the 1st post that this is a conversion from a U1 map, and that stuff was generally square in that game (other areas of the map look better )

Comment

Originally posted by Zidane
                The 'hot grill' as you put it is the bottom of a lookout platform on top of that spire. The red lights are always there btw, and they indicate the presence of outsiders in the town.
                Wow, that's some mad sense of balance keeping that thing perched up on that point there.

Comment

Wow, that's some mad sense of balance keeping that thing perched up on that point there.
                  For one thing, keep in mind this is a town in the sky, they've obviously got some devices/technology to keep the town up there. And for another thing (it's impossible to tell, really), it's not quite on the point. The lookout platform has an identation in it, and the spire's point fits in the indentation.

[EDIT: forgot to add some more pix that i have: see below]

A Screen from atop that lookout platform on the spire that you all seem so interested in

A screen from on top of a lamppost showing a Thief Spawn sort of area. Despite the apparant brightness, it's quite dark (and the brick structure has stairs down)

Comment

Reminds me of an Unreal 1 map.
                    -TuF- Emptying clan servers of their own clan members since 2010
                    - Agg moderator campaign supporter 2011
                    - #2 of 3 LANers of the Apocalypse!
                    -YT

Comment

The outside area IS square. Might want to convert that into a BSP based terrain. The rest looks cool though.
                      JM

Comment

I say make the lookout tower spin (at least part of it) somewhat, preferably fast - REAL FAST! That'll keep it balanced!
                        Give some taffer fire, and you'll keep him warm for the night with one less reason to cause trouble for the master.
                        Set a taffer on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life, and have no need to bother the master.

Comment

Originally posted by Lurox
                          The outside area IS square. Might want to convert that into a BSP based terrain. The rest looks cool though.
                          Aren't most maps? theatre, nostlgia, Lokis, bourgeois, I think skeltston, folly, stronghold are the only ones that are terrained.

Great work tho

Comment

Does no one read what I write.... [crazyrage] IT'S A THEIVERYIZATION OF AN UNREAL MAP!!! I AM TRYING TO KEEP THAT HERITAGE WHILE ADDING SOME NEW STUFF AND CHANGING ELEMENTS TO MAKE IT BETTER FOR TUT!! [/crazyrage]

Ahh, I feel much better now.

Comment

Originally posted by FixXxeR
                              Reminds me of an Unreal 1 map.
                              Duh, maybe because it is?

Comment

Working...
                              X