Spectator mode

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spectator mode

I love the fact that there's rats in the spectator mode ^^ but it would be awesome if they could bite ^^ but anyway... what i really wanted to discuss is birds ^^ like rats, there should be a mode in spectators that are birds not like free cam, bird like viewed by all players like rats are viewed and the birds or hawks or whatever can chase after the rats and the guards can shoot at the birds it would be good target practice too i mean imagine! flying around running from guards or thieves, or chaseing rats and soring high up in the map's (limited) altitudes I tell ya, it would really kick butt
    AKA: -=:Tob:=-Catburglar

---===Woe to the man who messess with the bloodwolf===---

Life is like a jar of jalepeŁŒos, what you do today can burn your ass tomorrow!

Rats can bite.... other rats. Anything else would have too much impact on the game's outcome. Some spiteful thieves that died early could bite the guards to death repeatedly while the last guy sits and chills, or has easy arrow targets.

(As for birds, I think that was, if you'll pardon the pun, shot down, for some reason or another.

Comment

Guards & thieves used to be able to hear the rat squeeking.... Rats also used to be able to push crates. *sigh* Not anymore.
      "Garlisk's got a lov-el-y bunch of coconuts."

Comment

Oh, old tennis shoes... Those squeaky old tennis shoes!
        Ah, to be a hero. Keeping such company...

Comment

Originally posted by Buho
          Guards & thieves used to be able to hear the rat squeeking.... Rats also used to be able to push crates. *sigh* Not anymore.
          In 1.0, rats could talk.

Comment

I believe it was suggested that when freelook spectating, one should look like a bat (figures with the entire nighly theme, plus bat rhymes with rat (OMGOMG)). Whatever happened to that idea?

And I would love more interactivity for rats. Racing around carrying junk dropped by dead players, duking it out with those nasty spiders and just generally being nasty vermin. The squeek should once again be heard by guards and thieves, so that line "musta been a rat..." actually makes sense... Rats shouldn't be able to damage other (living) players in any way though. That would be way too annoying.

Comment

Would the flyers be able to eat other flyers, plus rats? That sounds like it would be worth it, and it would raise it to a whole different dimension ( the z dimension that is ) . Rat wars now with flying rats (bats) to be added, and they can all eat eachother!! I like the idea, but who would make it and would Dalai approve :| ?
              "He said he didn't trust me, so I killed him."--Hidden_Wolfe

Comment

Originally posted by Hidden_Wolfe
                Would the flyers be able to eat other flyers, plus rats?
                Interesting you mention "flyers." In some languages/cultures (Netherlands, I think?), there is no such thing as a bat.
                "Garlisk's got a lov-el-y bunch of coconuts."

Comment

Originally posted by Buho
                  Originally posted by Hidden_Wolfe
                  Would the flyers be able to eat other flyers, plus rats?
                  Interesting you mention "flyers." In some languages/cultures (Netherlands, I think?), there is no such thing as a bat.
                  Vleermuis.

Comment

Originally posted by LaughingRat
                    In 1.0, rats could talk.
                    How do you mean that? They could do thtaunt 14 and that stuff? Sorry but I have never played it. -_-

And yes Virus I agree with you. They shouldnt be able, because ppl could always ruin games (doesn't matter what reason). Anyway, it would be totally crapy.
                    Cat your idea is not bad, but wouldnt it be annoying if there could always fly a bird around? And on some maps it doesnt look good if there would fly bird. I'm not thinking about sklestoneHead...
                    "Blockheads never learn, Clever learn by his own mistakes, Intelligents learn by mistakes of others."

Comment

Originally posted by Sandman
                      How do you mean that? They could do thtaunt 14 and that stuff? Sorry but I have never played it. -_-
                      Yep, in 1.0, rats had access to the... guard taunt menu, wasn't it? someone who remembers better help me out on this one. I think it was the guard taunts.

Comment

Originally posted by LaughingRat
                        Originally posted by Sandman
                        Yep, in 1.0, rats had access to the... guard taunt menu, wasn't it? someone who remembers better help me out on this one. I think it was the guard taunts.
                        Mord and Jezmilar taunts wasn't in before 1.3, and in 1.0 and 1.1 rats could use the guard taunts.... really funny sometimes when the rats went "How's it going?" or "Musta been rats..."

Comment

Originally posted by Master-Builder
                          Mord and Jezmilar taunts wasn't in before 1.3, and in 1.0 and 1.1 rats could use the guard taunts.... really funny sometimes when the rats went "How's it going?" or "Musta been rats..."
                          Was it in 1.1, too? I thought just 1.0.

Comment

I believe it was removed in 1.1 . . .

Comment

Originally posted by Biohazard
                              I believe it was removed in 1.1 . . .
                              Well, that settles it. If Bio says it was removed in 1.1, it MUST have still been there.

Comment

Working...
                              X