Does TUT support 5 button mice?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does TUT support 5 button mice?

I have an intellipoint with 5 buttons and I want to use all five for TUT.

But I cannot get them to bind. Anyone know if it can be done?

I dont think you can....
    Best you might be able to do, is set a button to do a keyboard function when clicked. Like, set it to "k" or "alt" or something.

Comment

Originally posted by Master-Builder
      Best you might be able to do, is set a button to do a keyboard function when clicked. Like, set it to "k" or "alt" or something.
      Yep, that's probably the best solution.

Comment

"Intellipoint" is the driver for the microsoft intellimouse range.

I'll assume you have an intellimouse, but which model specifically?

You can set the buttons to keystrokes, as in make the extra buttons act like any key on the keyboard. I had mine set to function keys when I had an microsoft intellimouse explorer. This works with TUT.

The only annoying thing is it changes the mouse button to a keystroke for everything, so in newer games you won't be able to bind it as "mouse button #", unless you constantly reconfigure intellipoint.

Intellipoint version 4.0 has support for keystroke binding, but intellipoint version 5.0 does not. (nfi why it was omitted).

(I don't know if the functionality was added again in the latest release, I don't even know what the latest release is. I bought a logitech MX500, which i would recommend to anyone. Check the microsoft download site and check you have the latest version before you try version 4.0).

I have a copy of intellipoint version 4.0 if you want it. Contact me.

(Using older version of drivers isn't recommended but who cares, intellipoint 4.0 works fine so there is no noticeable difference to the functionality of the mouse.)

Comment

I have an Intellimouse Optical and Intellipoint 4.1.

There is a section for program specific buttons. . .

I'll have a look for keybinds if that fails (likely).

Thanks for teh swift feedback guys. (You're only going to make me more efficient at taffing you out, which lets face it - for those of you who've ever played against me - I need ).

Comment

I have a doanloaded file of intellipoint 4.0

When I had my Intellimouse Explorer, I could set the extra buttons to keystrokes, which work with UT/TUT.

Winnar.

Comment

Haa haaaar! Ali G:Fear me now!

Yup, it works. Great.

But I hate the fact that guards and thieves cant have separate keybindings. My Thief bindings are the same as for Thief 2 and are logically ordered on the numpad (I play cursors) so that stealth tools are on 4(bj),5(water), 6(moss), offense is on 7(sword),8(broad),9(fire) and "specials" like gas and rope are on enter and +.

But the Guard bindings map over in a nonsense way to this. Hrrrmph. Makes it harder for me as a guard. I'll have to get used to it I suppose. . .

Comment

Originally posted by Subjective Effect
                Haa haaaar! Ali G:Fear me now!

Yup, it works. Great.

But I hate the fact that guards and thieves cant have separate keybindings. My Thief bindings are the same as for Thief 2 and are logically ordered on the numpad (I play cursors) so that stealth tools are on 4(bj),5(water), 6(moss), offense is on 7(sword),8(broad),9(fire) and "specials" like gas and rope are on enter and +.

But the Guard bindings map over in a nonsense way to this. Hrrrmph. Makes it harder for me as a guard. I'll have to get used to it I suppose. . .
                ThThiefExec.txt and ThGuardExec.txt get executed when you spawn/pick teams so you can easily have custom binds for each team.

Comment

Raaaaa! You joke! That is great. Teach me the way Builder. I guess I should go hunting for them in the UT folder. . .

Both those files are empty. What do I do?

Comment

Check it out here
                    Deftones

Comment

try a trackball... better yet, try THIS trackball.
                      Salsa: The Z axis is the Acromaster's domain

Comment

I use a 5 button mouse in TUT, and yes, you have to bind the mouse buttons to keys, and then set the key to perform the action.
                        Garlisk's Fantasy Art Gallery
                        www.usyetzer.com

Comment

I think LaughingRat uses all 5 buttons on his mouse.
                          "Garlisk's got a lov-el-y bunch of coconuts."

Comment

Originally posted by Buho
                            Yeeeeeah! I bet he does... nice LR :wink:
                            -TuF- Emptying clan servers of their own clan members since 2010
                            - Agg moderator campaign supporter 2011
                            - #2 of 3 LANers of the Apocalypse!
                            -YT

Comment

Originally posted by Master-Builder
                              ThThiefExec.txt and ThGuardExec.txt get executed when you spawn/pick teams so you can easily have custom binds for each team.
                              There's an exec file for rats, too, ThRatExec.txt or something, so presumably, you can have different binds for ratting than for thieving or guarding.

Originally posted by Buho
                              I bet LaughingRat even uses all 8 buttons on his mouse!

Comment

Working...
                              X