UT2k3 Key EDIT: router problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UT2k3 Key EDIT: router problems

EB is offering a $10 rebate for returning UT2003 and one other PC game. i have all three discs for 2k3, but i lost my booklet with my registry key. (16-digits, eg. xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx, entered during installation). If anyone knows how to find the key digitally, i would like to know so i can attach it to my discs for the rebate. I already looked in the regedit and found 2 "keys" for UT2003, though they were not distinguishably the key i remembered entering, and i couldnt tell if they were even the right amount of digits.

anyone? thanks in advance.
    "Tyler sold his soap to department stores at $20 a bar. Lord knows what they charged. It was beautiful. We were selling rich women their own fat asses back to them."

Your discs don't actually have your key stored on them anywhere. What they have is an algorithym for detemining if any given key is a valid one or bogus. That means there isn't a way to retrieve YOUR CD-key from your discs.

Comment

If you have UT2003 installed, your CD key will be in the registry at HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Unreal Technology\Installed Apps\UT2003\CDKey.
      Nearly all men can stand adversity -- if you want to test a man’s character, give him power.

Comment

Isn't the cd-key encrypted as well?
        Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia, n. See also Irony.

Comment

omfg darkbill, thankee. i was wrong, its 20 digits
          "Tyler sold his soap to department stores at $20 a bar. Lord knows what they charged. It was beautiful. We were selling rich women their own fat asses back to them."

Comment

Originally posted by DarkBill
            If you have UT2003 installed, your CD key will be in the registry at HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Unreal Technology\Installed Apps\UT2003\CDKey.
            That, I didn't know.

Is it encrypted, though, as Salvage suggested?

Comment

Originally posted by LaughingRat
              Originally posted by DarkBill
              That, I didn't know.

Is it encrypted, though, as Salvage suggested?
              Plaintext. Almost all CD keys are stored in the registry.
              Nearly all men can stand adversity -- if you want to test a man’s character, give him power.

Comment

http://www.beyondunreal.com/content/...rebateform.jpg

As you can see... In order to get the rebate you will need your manual.

Comment

Originally posted by Master-Builder
                  http://www.beyondunreal.com/content/potd_images/rebateform.jpg
                  http://www.beyondunreal.com/daedalus..._image_id=1523
                  AlienMode ThieveryUT adaption
                  Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.
                  Life is a bitch, then you get cancer. One story is good till another is told.

Comment

So the whoe thread was a complete waste of time- let's get spamming!

Comment

Originally posted by Master-Builder
                      http://www.beyondunreal.com/content/potd_images/rebateform.jpg

As you can see... In order to get the rebate you will need your manual.
                      what.
                      the.
                      fuck.

who needs the fucking manual? you point and click, and people's heads fly off. that, and you can connect to eachother with the Link gun. do they really need the manual to point that out? lame.

Comment

Originally posted by [bulletproof
                        ]who needs the fucking manual? you point and click, and people's heads fly off. that, and you can connect to eachother with the Link gun. do they really need the manual to point that out? lame.
                        Erh`?

Well they did put the cd-key on the manual...

Comment

theyre asking for the cover. the cd key isnt even on the cover.

and i just found the manual. it was actually inside one of the fucking cd envelopes.

sorry for the incessant swearing.

now all i need to do to actually play UT2004 online is get my network/router working. i cant play any games but UT2003 online. even old UT doesnt work, it can't find the master server. gamespy doesnt work. steam and half life dont work. my Ground Control II beta doesnt work. UT2004 doesnt work.

i opened the necessary TCP ports for gamespy, and gamespy hardly works. i dont even get the web pages in gamespy arcade, let alone am i able to connect to a game. none of the integrated GS browsers (eg halo' s in game browswer) work. i have Norton Internet security 2004 and Norton antivirus 2004, as well as a Netgear Wireless-G router transmitting to a netgear wireless network card on my pc. what the hell do i do? this is far too confusing just to be able to play games online. fucking hackers.

changing the name of this thread to justify my router rant.

Comment

The cd-key is on the back of the cover... yes...

Comment

Originally posted by [bulletproof
                              ]now all i need to do to actually play UT2004 online is get my network/router working. i cant play any games but UT2003 online. even old UT doesnt work, it can't find the master server. gamespy doesnt work. steam and half life dont work. my Ground Control II beta doesnt work. UT2004 doesnt work.

i opened the necessary TCP ports for gamespy, and gamespy hardly works. i dont even get the web pages in gamespy arcade, let alone am i able to connect to a game. none of the integrated GS browsers (eg halo' s in game browswer) work. i have Norton Internet security 2004 and Norton antivirus 2004, as well as a Netgear Wireless-G router transmitting to a netgear wireless network card on my pc. what the hell do i do? this is far too confusing just to be able to play games online. fucking hackers.

changing the name of this thread to justify my router rant.
                              I have a Netgear (wired) broadband router, and in order to get the games working I had to enable "Unversal Plug and Play" (UPnP) as well as opening the proper ports.
                              No Linux, No Choice.
                              Know Linux, Know Choice.

Comment

Working...
                              X