Open Game Invitation Part 1 : Diablo II LoD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Open Game Invitation Part 1 : Diablo II LoD

Ok, this will be the first in hopefully a series of games which will be taking place on the coming weekends.

The reason for this is the number of friendly faces here in this commuinity and the dwindling number of players on the servers these days (including myself).

The first game in this series will be Diablo II, with the Lord of Destruction expansion pack (patched to the v1.10) to be held this Friday evening (19th Feb), all are invited!

We will probably be in teamspeak but its not a requirement, and we'll be starting the adventure from scratch with local characters (no battle net!) using direct TCP/IP connection and just having a friendly venture thru hell. Things move fast in big games on diablo, and you level up extremely quickly compared to single player, and expect a big increase in magical items being dropped! anybody who has been in a big game on D2 will know.

Exact time and IP will be finalised later this week, I'm not sure on the maximum connections for Diablo 2? I think it's 8- 12, so places are limited, we'll all be working together as a party.

Future games may include :- Doom (CO-OP or DM), Hexen II (CO-OP or DM), Unreal Tournament (Instagib?), Neverwinter Nights.... any ideas are welcome!

As people post intreast here I'll make a list, remember you need to be free friday 8pm GMT onwards (tho is doesn't matter if your late you'll have to catch up) through until we all get board or have brain hemerages.

Current Players (Definate players in black, possible players in red)
    • TheMachine - "Envy" - Amazon (Jabazon)
    • FixXxeR - "Lord Boomer" - Paladin (Dark Knight)
    • Schleicher - "GRRRRR" - Paladin (Fanatic)
    • V12US - "Ligueras" - Assassin (Martial arts)
    • Alpha-Omega - "Serandir" - Necromancer
    • Darkbill - TBA - Sorc
    • Grey Fox - "Ralda" - Sorc
    • Salsa - "OmgSwordThief" - Druid (WolfBrother)
    • FireTiger - TBA - TBA (if he can get expansion)
    • Chainsaws - TBA - TBA
    • Dragon - TBA - TBA (If he's around)
    • Gabriel - TBA - TBA (If he's around
    • LoToR - "LordOfTheOnions" - Druid (all) (If he realises which week were on! :-) )

Other Information
    Game Server IP (Join over a TCP/IP connection NOT battlenet) :- 217.42.23.55
    Teamspeak Server IP :- 217.42.23.55 (Join the Diablo 2 Room)

Times (go http://www.worldtimezone.com/ if your struggling with what time zone your in)
    Warm up / chat / preperation :- 7:30pm GMT -> 8:00pm GMT
    Begin :- 8:00pm GMT SHARP! we all charge from the rogue encampment with our nooby lvl 1 chars at 8:00pm GMT! (Yes, we will all be standing in a line at the gate and charging out, preferbly screaming..)
    End :- ??? who knows! ??? I'm planning on gettting to Hell difficultly or lvl 50 Char, shouldn't be a problem we should all lvl up quite rapidly. Be up all night if I can!
    Half-Life (or a mod using HL)
    0%
    Quake
    0%
    Doom
    0%
    Starcraft
    0%
    ~TuF~

Sure, I'll play. I got a suggestion for another game we could play... how does an 8 player deathmatch on Blood 1 sound manic
    -TuF- Emptying clan servers of their own clan members since 2010
    - Agg moderator campaign supporter 2011
    - #2 of 3 LANers of the Apocalypse!
    -YT

Comment

I'm up for some Doom, NWN and UT For sure... But not this silly Diablo game.

*Hides in crate fortress to avoid the anger of certain Diablo players...

Comment

Yeah! Blood 1, sweet :-D

Ok, brethren.. I need a character class and alias for friday then.

Edit :- Builder - No problem, we'll maybe do one of those games next week then
        ~TuF~

Comment

My old Closed-Bnet Character sure is deleted now and id need to reinstall the whole thing, but if ya need a Fana-Zealot (or how that was called) Paladin in yer ranks, count me in :grin:

Something like : GRRRR - Paladin (used to call them "El Cid" and "Ralph the Liar", but i somehow came to like this name ^^)

My Suggestions : Sven Coop and......

....Counterstrike MUHAHAHA
          My leet Thievery Map
          My leet UT3 Map
          My leet AS Map

Comment

Originally posted by Schleicher
            My old Closed-Bnet Character sure is deleted now and id need to reinstall the whole thing, but if ya need a Fana-Zealot (or how that was called) Paladin in yer ranks, count me in :grin:
            Sounds good :-) We'll be starting from new anyway, your in.

My Suggestions : Sven Coop and..........Counterstrike MUHAHAHA
            Both would be excellent with good people in, the only thing making CS crap is the commuinity, so a private game with friendly TUT players would be awsome.
            ~TuF~

Comment

I would be interested in playing D2Lod with friendly people (unlike on battle.net ), but I'm having problems with D2. It plays perfectly in single player, but online (closed Or open battle.net) I get this ping of 5000. Completely unplayable. Don't know what's causing it, because I don't have high pings in other online games.

Oh well... I probably would be too busy on friday anyway...

I might be interested in Blood 1, though...
              My cats are black! How about yours?

Comment

Nope i don't have Diablo 2,maybe a other game.But i doubt it because i am very busy lately.

Comment

Originally posted by Schleicher
                  My Suggestions : Sven Coop and......

....Counterstrike MUHAHAHA
                  I can play that with you.
                  I wonder if someones here whos able to play Starcraft/Broodwar.
                  Deftones

Comment

Originally posted by SeEManN
                    Oooh, possably.

Also, my alias and class for D2 will be, 'Lord_BoomeR' the Necro. :twisted:
                    -TuF- Emptying clan servers of their own clan members since 2010
                    - Agg moderator campaign supporter 2011
                    - #2 of 3 LANers of the Apocalypse!
                    -YT

Comment

How about we all get together for a night of TUT sometime, too...?

I'd name a few games, but ... my schedule... it kills me!
                      Garlisk's Fantasy Art Gallery
                      www.usyetzer.com

Comment

I'd play it, but I don't have my original CD key. Lost the case that had it, so I can't play online. (If anyone knows a way I can get the CD key off of the CD, or a way I could go online anyway, I'd appreciate it.)
                        Garlisk's Fantasy Art Gallery
                        www.usyetzer.com

Comment

Originally posted by Garlisk

I'd play it, but I don't have my original CD key. Lost the case that had it, so I can't play online. (If anyone knows a way I can get the CD key off of the CD, or a way I could go online anyway, I'd appreciate it.)
                          Check out that registry trick. I read in some thread here that all your CD keys as stored in your registry. Might be usefull to take a look.

Anyway, Diablo2 LOD sounds like a plan. I'll make a martial arts assassin, her name will be Ligueras.

As for future game suggestions, I like the idea of Starcraft Broodwar, allthoug hI really suck at that game... I've played a few games online and ussually I get rushed and disposed off in the first minute.

Comment

Updated player list.

Ok, tommorow I'll turn the post into a poll with all the game suggestions posted here, and we can vote for next weeks skrimmage!
                            ~TuF~

Comment

arg, i'd love to play but I don't have the LoD expansion. Hmm I don't suppose you could......
                              <-- Resident Nightblade suggestion attorney...

Comment

Working...
                              X