Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Thievery ini settings do you/would you like to change?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • What Thievery ini settings do you/would you like to change?

    Ok, some of you may know of my Thievery Tools program already (and if you do you'll know it doesn't do very much! :? ).

    I've given it a massive overhaul and I'd like to know what settings you change in your ini files (or what you would change if you know how / weren't too scared).
    Then I can add all these cool features in it for the upcomming next release.

    One thing though...please don't suggest customising controls/speech macros/creating or editing each loadouts contents as they will take me ages to do and so I'm leaving them until later (I'm not lazy I'd just rather get a useful program out before adding fancy features).

    For those that don't know the current settings it changes are.
    Loadout names
    Force buying yes/no
    Show Visibility as a percentage yes/no

    See why I need more ideas? :wink:
    Sure, I can just start adding them in myself but I figure it would be better if I choose setting that I know people will use...
    One of the three LANers of the Apocalypse!
    -
    The Unforgiven Casual Gaming Group - New Members Welcome

  • #2
    A keybinder PLEASE.
    The only constant is change.
    (And I wouldn't have it any other way.)

    Comment


    • #3
      A button to unbind all those damn F keys.
      Nearly all men can stand adversity -- if you want to test a man’s character, give him power.

      Comment


      • #4
        A keybinder PLEASE.
        whats wrong with console>preferences>rawkeybinds
        [E.D.G] "Eaves Droppers Guild - we're on the edge."

        All New Thievery-O's!

        Comment


        • #5
          Allow downloads. Not an issue now, but it will be in 1.3 so better start thinking of it.

          I haven't messed too much with the TUT settings, but i'm sure there will be a couple other options we're missing out.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by DarkBill
            A button to unbind all those damn F keys.
            Would anyone actually complain if the program just revoved the keybind for f4 without asking

            Seriously though, I'll make sure to include f keys when I do add keybinds (I could always add a button in for now that does remove the bind to f4 et al though).
            One of the three LANers of the Apocalypse!
            -
            The Unforgiven Casual Gaming Group - New Members Welcome

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Mr.K.
              Allow downloads. Not an issue now, but it will be in 1.3 so better start thinking of it.

              I haven't messed too much with the TUT settings, but i'm sure there will be a couple other options we're missing out.
              That one will definately be in the next release
              One of the three LANers of the Apocalypse!
              -
              The Unforgiven Casual Gaming Group - New Members Welcome

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Chainsaws
                Originally posted by DarkBill
                A button to unbind all those damn F keys.
                Would anyone actually complain if the program just revoved the keybind for f4 without asking

                Seriously though, I'll make sure to include f keys when I do add keybinds (I could always add a button in for now that does remove the bind to f4 et al though).
                Also there's a brightness F Key that can fubar the entire install if it's running D3D.
                Nearly all men can stand adversity -- if you want to test a man’s character, give him power.

                Comment


                • #9
                  I'd like :-

                  *BIG FLASHY LOGO!

                  *Ability to alter loadouts, and name them

                  *Map specific loadouts

                  *opetion bind bind common commands to keys like callvote, name, etc....

                  *A duel keybond generater for guards and thieves

                  *Joystick support

                  *A plug to download my brain into the computer

                  TYHNX!
                  ~TuF~

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    And VR glasses and gloves so you can "physically" change your loadouts. You'd see to the right the items and to the left a backpack and you could drag them there or out.

                    Mhh... VR glassess... Does anyone have those?

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Most usefull options have been mentioned.
                      Im not sure if it is possible, but perhaps someone could come up with a tool that would have loadout profiles to each level. That would enable players to have loadout slots for each level without overwriting other loadouts.
                      Just a sugetion
                      Feel the power of the

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Mr.K.
                        And VR glasses and gloves so you can "physically" change your loadouts. You'd see to the right the items and to the left a backpack and you could drag them there or out.

                        Mhh... VR glassess... Does anyone have those?
                        DEFINATLY! your release will NOT BE COMPLETE without support for VR helmets! in fact I'm going to spend my grandmas money on some RIGHT NOW!

                        Shit, I don't have enough.... I'll some of my little brothers too... and my mummys retirement fund also.

                        Excellent..... now make sure you support VR helmets!
                        ~TuF~

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Antero90
                          Most usefull options have been mentioned.
                          Im not sure if it is possible, but perhaps someone could come up with a tool that would have loadout profiles to each level. That would enable players to have loadout slots for each level without overwriting other loadouts.
                          Just a sugetion
                          I hear they are going to add more loadouts to 1.3.

                          Also:

                          Put in a field to Turn the bBalance on and off at both locations (ThieveryUT.ini and ThAux.ini) for non balanced servers

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by KewlAzMe
                            Put in a field to Turn the bBalance on and off at both locations (ThieveryUT.ini and ThAux.ini) for non balanced servers
                            Is one for when it balances at game start and one for joining mid-game?
                            If so, do you know which is which? /me doesn't have enough friends to try this with... :cry:
                            One of the three LANers of the Apocalypse!
                            -
                            The Unforgiven Casual Gaming Group - New Members Welcome

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Chainsaw please make it easy for players to set AllowDownloads=True. Since there is a proggy that backs up ini's now this would be oh soooo great. Then rather than having to post a tutorial we could just say go grab THIS program and change the setting. That would be the shiznit.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X