Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UT2004 SE or Standard. Whats the verdict?! How is it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UT2004 SE or Standard. Whats the verdict?! How is it?

Im sure at least a few of you guys have UT2004 by now, so tell us, how is it? Any major things that you hate like ut2k3 had? or is this a beatiful game? The demo ran nice and smooth. And for you SE guys, how are the training vids? Worth buying the SE version for the training? How about new game types, new menus, new skins, weapons, mutators, etc.

Hm u got vehicles, some of the old weapons back, and *GASP* the Skarrj-Hybrid back too (YAY), and much more - think it'll be a good game. I ordered the normal english CD-Version, since here in germany you can buy only the German Cut (Blarg) or the really expensive (80 Euros) US Special-Edition right now. Would have liked DVD's instead of cluttering around 6 CD's, but paying so much for a headset and some Bonus-Stuff....na
    My leet Thievery Map
    My leet UT3 Map
    My leet AS Map

Comment

Alright, got it now. Performance is worser than in the demo (mebbe some tweaking will do) . I get some graphic Bugs with the Ati Cataclyst 4.2, but im downloading the 4.3 as im typing this. The new Levels are cool though (Facing Worlds has been restored to "Classic" Theme - no more Egypt crap YAY)
      My leet Thievery Map
      My leet UT3 Map
      My leet AS Map

Comment

Try downgrading to the 3.9 drivers. A few newer games have trouble with the 4.0 and above drivers.

Comment

Yes, but ATI has their driver problems all worked out now....

Comment

Yeah right, LR(I know you're being sarcastic).

Gamma changes in OpenGL in 4.0+ for UT is broken. They don't even know IF they're going to fix it.
            Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia, n. See also Irony.

Comment

Actually, with 4.3 all is fine now, having refreshforce installed and defragging the huge ass file helped boost performance too.
              My leet Thievery Map
              My leet UT3 Map
              My leet AS Map

Comment

after installing a huge game such as this, I highly recommend defragging
                your hard drive. It helps things alot.

Comment

What's wierd is that if I have my settings turned all the way to highest it will run perfectly fine except every once in a while it will just, seemingly for no reason, chug down to about .5 frames per second in certain spots in maps. They're like little 1 meter spots and if I move out of them it runs fine again even though the pc doesn't appear to have to draw any more/less.

Comment

So far both the SE and the regular versions are pretty damm hard to get down here. (19th release got postponed to 25th :x )
                    I will give my input later if im lucky to get a share of all the SE madness stuff but for what I read those vids are very good and even better if you are a complete noob. I also read that most of the vids are no where to be found online but probably that wont stop that 2nd dvd from being shared online.
                    Feel the power of the

Comment

Working...
                    X