Laptop & Thievery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Laptop & Thievery

Anyone know the minimum speed I would need for a laptop to run TUT? I know that the minimum cpu for UT says a Pentium II 233, but is this different for TUT? Do laptops have a different CPU measurement? More TUT!
    Salsa: The Z axis is the Acromaster's domain

I'd think the graphics card would be a bigger concern.
    -TuF- Emptying clan servers of their own clan members since 2010
    - Agg moderator campaign supporter 2011
    - #2 of 3 LANers of the Apocalypse!
    -YT

Comment

Sigh, this "thievery+laptop" thread has been done over and over and over and over....

My quick suggestion: Even it works the environment will look crappy and it will most likely be choppy. I'm not speculating btw, I've actually tried it on several laptops before (a very portable thievery lan :lol: ).

Comment

I don't remember the laptop issue being brought up before.

In my unofficial opinion (because I don't really use laptops), anything 2 years old and newer should be fine.
        "Garlisk's got a lov-el-y bunch of coconuts."

Comment

Originally posted by The Creator
          Do laptops have a different CPU measurement?
          For the most part, no.

However, with the newer Pentium M chip out, they generally will run circles around a faster rated Pentium 4 chip (example: 1.4 GHz versus a P4 1.8 GHz). So what does this mean? My original statement is very generalized.
          Team ORJ

Comment

Originally posted by impulse
            Sigh, this thread "thievery+laptop" thread has been done over and over and over and over....

My quick suggestion: Even it works the environment will look crappy and it will most likely be choppy. I'm not speculating btw, I've actually tried it on several laptops before (a very portable thievery lan :lol: ).
            My friend has a laptop with TUT on it and the graphics are grainy at best. You can still play competently but nothing beats being able to see what the hell you doing.
            "He said he didn't trust me, so I killed him."--Hidden_Wolfe

Comment

The newer laptops play very well. I currently play on a laptop; it runs smooth and the graphics are great. I have compared what I see on the laptop to a PC that is built for gaming and there is no difference. I used to play TUT on a 5 year old laptop and I never could get the picture light enough. It never ran choppy though. Just too dark.
              formerly littlek

Comment

Working...
              X