Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I can see that the US of A is heavy on the terrorists.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I can see that the US of A is heavy on the terrorists.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/september1...175675,00.html

Instead the regular meetings of the national security "principals committee", which includes the heads of the CIA, FBI, state department and defence department, over the first eight months of the administration focused on what Mr Clarke considered to be cold war issues.
    Mr Clarke wrote that when he briefed Ms Rice on al-Qaida, "her facial expression gave me the impression that she had never heard the term before".

He said Mr Bush's failure to put his administration on "battle stations" in anticipation of an attack meant vital clues were missed. He compared his actions with those of former US president Bill Clinton in similar circumstances in late 1999.

"In December 99 we get similar kinds of evidence that al-Qaida was planning a similar kind of attack. President Clinton asks the national security adviser to hold daily meetings with the attorney-general, the CIA, FBI," Mr Clarke said.

"They go back to their departments from the White House and shake the departments out to the field offices to find out everything they can find. It becomes the number one priority of those agencies. When the head of the FBI and CIA have to go to the White House every day, things happen and by the way, we prevented the attack [an al-Qaida millennium bomb plot aimed at Los Angeles airport].

"Contrast that with June, July, August 2001, when the president is being briefed virtually every day in his morning intelligence briefing that something is about to happen, and he never chairs a meeting and he never asks Condi Rice to chair a meeting about what we're doing about stopping the attacks. She didn't hold one meeting during all those three months.
    "Now, it turns out that buried in the FBI and CIA there was information about two of these al-Qaida terrorists who turned out to be hijackers [Khalid al-Mihdhar and Nawaf al-Hazmi]," he said. "The leadership of the FBI didn't know that, but if the leadership had to report on a daily basis ... to the White House, he would have shaken the trees and he would have found out those two guys were there. We would have put their pictures on the front page of every newspaper and we probably would have caught them."
    Shouldn't Americans be glad that they have a president that truly understands the greatest threats they face?

Stuff like this always crops up a year or two after a major incident. Like with the Princess Diana thing, there saying she was 'offed' by the Royals for some such reason.
    -TuF- Emptying clan servers of their own clan members since 2010
    - Agg moderator campaign supporter 2011
    - #2 of 3 LANers of the Apocalypse!
    -YT

Comment

This does not surprise me. What surprises me is that Bush jr. actually understands anything. It surprises me that so many people actually voted for
      him.

Comment

yep, one day this subject will die.
        ~TuF~

Comment

Originally posted by FixXxeR
          Stuff like this always crops up a year or two after a major incident. Like with the Princess Diana thing, there saying she was 'offed' by the Royals for some such reason.
          Somehow I doubt that this is a case of a conspiracy theory.

Maybe because I know that Bush _IS_ that stupid.

I don't even care about the Iraq being on his agenda part. Or about OBL escaping because of that. I'm digging at the "meetings" intended to prevent terorism, and the contrast between them in the Bush & Clinton administrations.

Comment

Originally posted by FixXxeR
            I hope so.

On topic- I hope this is enough to swing the election. Fuck knows what'll happen to the planet if he gets in again.

Comment

I'm currently looking for the article and I'll post it when I find it, but I read on the www.TheFark.com site that reporters also found US troops shipping the exact same type of weapons into the country that the US gave them years ago and were trying to do this covertly. The residents sure aren't going to be using them, so what do you think they are for? My bet is they are going to "suddenly find" more "hidden" weapons, and Bush will use this as a tool to stay in office. I'm putting money down on this one.
              "He said he didn't trust me, so I killed him."--Hidden_Wolfe

Comment

Um- all I see there is stuff about some geezer getting his jaw wired.

Comment

Teh. Makes you wonder where some ppl get their FACTS, Dont it?

Originally posted by The dope smoking goon with his jaw wired
                  TheFark.com Theory #1: Where did Mary Jane come from?

Alright, so if you read the title you probably noticed that you get a bonus feature in today's little posting. That's right, my theory on marijuana. Was it vicoden-induced? Probably. But here it is:

So one day I just started thinking, why is marijuana illegal if something like alcohol is legal? After all, God didn't make alcohol, but he did make marijuana. Or did he? See, then I started thinkin that maybe marijuana was around in the Garden of Eden. Think about it, it would explain a LOT. So Eve's just sittin there chillin', being naked, livin the good life, when she decides "hey, look at this plant.. It's not like those other plants over there. I'm gonna try smokin this shit!" And she does, when all of a sudden she sees this snake that starts talkin to her, and she gets the munchies and that apple tree starts lookin reeeal good. I mean come on, how's she gonna see this snake that starts talkin to her if she's not on somethin. It coulda been shrooms too I guess, I'm not sure. So then she passes it over to adam, he takes a toke, and he's like damn, I'm kinda hungry too so then he tries it. And of course, like the bible says the whole thing happened cuz the snake told her to do it. But would she have seen the snake if she wasn't smokin the reefer? Maybe that's why one of the names for it is the devil's weed.

So there ya go, my theory, it could end up being an earth-shattering revalation about why we're not all naked and living in paradise anymore. Or it could just be completely wrong. Which one is more likely? I'm gonna say the latter, but hey, ya never know.

You truly never know.......
                  Never let LaughingRat shave your testicles with a rusty serrated knife.

Comment

Originally posted by Swiss Mercenary

Shouldn't Americans be glad that they have a president that truly understands the greatest threats they face?
                    What you fail to mention is that these quotes are from a disgruntled ex-government official who has a book to sell.

Comment

Its not so much what he fails to mention, Its what he fails to see.

Comment

Originally posted by Lake
                        Originally posted by Swiss Mercenary

What you fail to mention is that these quotes are from a disgruntled ex-government official who has a book to sell.
                        And what pro-Bush supporters fail to mention is that Bush has a lot of friends that could very well profit from him staying in office.

Funny how people find professional liers to be more credible.

Comment

Originally posted by Lake
                          Originally posted by TED NUGENT
                          Its not so much what he fails to mention, Its what he fails to see.
                          Interesting how when Richard Clark says something you disagree with, you attempt to discredit him as having an ulterior motive, yet when your golden boy is accused of having an ulterior motive, his detractors are obviously just insane and disreputable.

Richard Clark is a man who has server the US government for over 30 years, under quite a few administrations, both democrat and republican. He had problems with Bush's administration from the time it took power. When he resigned over differences with the administration's position and qualms he had with its actions, suddenly he's just a materialist trying to push a book. I mean, it couldn't possibly be that he actually has a set of morals or anything, and found that violating them was the only way to keep working for this administration, or that writing a book was an effective method of getting what his issues were heard, could it? No, of course not, because he doesn't agree with your position.

Comment

Who is it youre talking to, me or lake ?

Comment

Since you agreed with Lake's statements, I would say that LR's words could very well apply to both of you.

Comment

Working...
                              X