Originally posted by Swiss Mercenary
    This seriously creeped me out...

Umm. Why?

Comment

Originally posted by LaughingRat
      Originally posted by Swiss Mercenary
      This seriously creeped me out...

Umm. Why?
      Maybe because I thought it was good horror fiction?

Comment

Thought? Past tense?

What do you think now?

Comment

Is "Thought?" a qualified question?
          The answer to your question, "Past tense?", is yes. Thought does imply the past tense.
          Your question, "What do you think now?" is worded all wrong it should read, " What are you thinking right now?". Mehehehehehehe. Riiiiiight whatever, nevermind.
          But I'm still so cool...

Comment

Originally posted by LaughingRat
            Thought? Past tense?

What do you think now?
            Damnit, LR. My dummy responses aren't working...

Replace I thought with I think, and you will have my opinion.

Comment

I found it fairly good fiction because I explored a fair few caves and tunnels last summer, so the smell and feel of the rock were very much there for me. The way the images and text are presented somewhat destroyed it though: the glove is obviously there to disguise tool marks already present on the hole, and the tense he uses in the journal sometimes doesn't quite add up.

There is a really eerie feeling when advancing down a new tunnel not knowing what's at the end. I was also warned out of an abandoned railway tunnel (needles and a sharps box near the entrance) by someone I couldn't see banging on something large and metallic. I'm told that tunnel goes for a couple of miles and isn't always occupied; I've been back once but I'm yet to go all the way to the end.

Also, I'm playing through dungeon keeper 2 at the moment, which has filled my head with sinister creatures and very atmospheric sounds

Comment

zomg where is page 11!!??111

Comment

good story though i know it's fiction it still gave me a very creepy feeling while reading it. some passeges reminded me of the song Third Eye so i will go listen to that and hope to have dreams not about caves but about hawt girls and the such.
                  http://profiles.myspace.com/users/7360475
                  -=:ToB:=- / :]eDe[: Site: www.endarkend.net
                  -=:ToB:=-Forums: www.endarkend.net/phpbb/
                  -=:ToB:=-PayingSins (TUT MAP)- http://www.endarkend.net/downloads/m...oB_Payback.zip

Comment

Hmm was it a true story or not...
                    <-- Resident Nightblade suggestion attorney...

Comment

...I guess we'll never know...
                      Ah, to be a hero. Keeping such company...

Comment

Great Story.

Comment

Originally posted by Firetiger
                          That's the thing with these stories - you know it's probably not true, yet somewhere in the back of your mind, you know that it might be true. You have to let it work on your mind for a few days...

For me, I'm already seeing things out of the corner of my eye, and let's leave it at that.

Comment

Originally posted by Firetiger
                            I'm guessing it is: i've had similar things happen to me...

It was actually a camping trip in in the middle of nowhere instead of a cave, and one part of the forest was inaccessable: it just dropped of into nothing...

Wow. i guess he was right: it is hard to retell anything like that.

*glances over shoulder*

EDIT: and the seeing things: the last time i went camping was over two years ago, but on those sorta creepy nights (gabe, chal: you remember the last time you were over at my house after dark) i still tend to see things. Like a person, or a pair of legs... Every time i tell myself that next time i'm not going to look right at it: maybe it will go away. Every time i remember camping, and i'm too scared to remember anyhting else.

EDIT AGAIN: Another occasion was actually in my own backyard. (it was that night with gabe and chal, actually). WE couldn't find a friend, so we decided to split up: Chal loked in the front of our house, Gabe toward the road, and me in the back in the woods. It was foggy, just starting to rain, and pitch balck I walk u[p the hilll, to the first tree and...

I couldn't go any further. It wasn't that i couldn't move, not that there was anything physically stopping me, but i was just incapable of thinking of going further. The little voice in the back of my head kept repeating: run. run away! run NOW! GET OUT! FAST YOU DUMBASS!

If Zid, chal, cliff, or gabe read this and remember when i came back in, you'll also remember that i didn't speak for who knows how long, and that i got no sleep at all for the next few days.
                            "Just off the border of your waking mind there lies another time, where darkness and light are one. As you tread the halls of sanity, you feel so glad to be unable to go beyond. I have a message from another time."

Comment

I'm guessing it is also, as most true creepy ghost stories have one thing in common: the victim never actually sees anything unnatural. Also, as strange as it was, the story wasn't over the top, and IMO it did not contain anything horribly unbelievable. I've heard from numerous places that when there's something supernatural present nearby (i'm not saying I believe in ghosts, only relaying information) you'll immediatly feel like "something's not right", or "a deep anxiety" and "a very strong urge to leave the area". I think all three were there in the story, making it seem even more realistic.

EDIT: In fact I believe i've felt this once while passing through an old battlefield.
                              <-- Resident Nightblade suggestion attorney...

Comment

Working...
                              X