FIRE BOLTS!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FIRE BOLTS!

Well, here it goes. To make it short and sweet, I'm pissed of at fire spammers. In reality, if you were guarding a house, would you just shoot random missiles into shadows that you think a thief might be in? Ofcourse not!!! You'd ruin the master's house. So in response to this threat, I suggest that in the next version of thievery, have firebolts taken out. All in favour, please make your comments heard. All opposed, please make your comments heard.

Thanks, and have a nice day.
    Shadow Thief
    Yes
    0.00%
    No
    100.00%

:roll:

how about...NO

btw this would normally go into the suggestions forum.
    http://profiles.myspace.com/users/7360475
    -=:ToB:=- / :]eDe[: Site: www.endarkend.net
    -=:ToB:=-Forums: www.endarkend.net/phpbb/
    -=:ToB:=-PayingSins (TUT MAP)- http://www.endarkend.net/downloads/m...oB_Payback.zip

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow Thief
      In reality, if you were guarding a house, would you just shoot random missiles into shadows that you think a thief might be in? Ofcourse not!!!
      You probably wouldn't drop explosive devices, either. And come to think of it, "random missiles" applies to regular bolts, tagbolts and parabolts as well, since they'd all damage the Master's house as well.

I move the ALL be removed, in the interest of realism!

Comment

Originally posted by LaughingRat

I move the ALL be removed, in the interest of realism!
        Then I would assume Maces and Swords are included as the master wouldn't want you smashing his walls and cutting his furniture.

Then its decided. NEW WEAPON: NERF BATS!

Comment

Originally posted by Hannu
          :lol:
          This would probably make a good TUT comic...
          My cats are black! How about yours?

Comment

Sorry, but must dis-agree with you, and I apologize for disrespecting your request for only favorable responces. If you have not seen them before, do a search for when this previously discussed and you will see numerous counters to that tactic. For me, I find them to be effective counters to Blackjack Happy thieves.
            Give some taffer fire, and you'll keep him warm for the night with one less reason to cause trouble for the master.
            Set a taffer on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life, and have no need to bother the master.

Comment

nah..cant agree...fire bolts are not THAT good... (imo: thief)..
              .: Infiltrator - Mockers Thievery Guild :.

www.youtube.com/user/Richard413

Comment

If we're going to continue this realism theme, then how about the Guard team don't know whether there are any thieves playing or not? After all in real life guards would spend night after night without seeing any thief-related action.

Comment

Gee, this topic came up again, and it wasn't even me.

How about: Tone the area of effect down. Blah blah blah, yadda, yadda, "I'm right", "No, I'm right", "Realism!", "Gameplay!", yadda yadda.

Been there, done that.

Comment

Realism eh??? no invis potions for theives... or catfalls.... or health pots.... Theives must patch themselves up over a matter of hours, and it must be in real time.....
                    If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe - Carl Sagan

Comment

Yes, firebolts are easy to counter
                      Just use the monolith method

1. Catch on fire.
                      2. Run around screaming.
                      3. Get hacked/slashed/pulped/bolted to death.
                      4. Repeat as required (water arrows optional).

Yenz: "It's only murder if they say stop"
                      Mono's wife: "What if they are mute?"
                      Yenz: "There are internationally recognized hand signals for 'stop killing me you bastard!'"

Comment

When I first began to play thievery I whined all day long about BJs and although I think in alot of ways they were genuinely overpowered, most of it could be handled by merely learning tactics to defeat it. After a while an encounter with a truly skilled BJ whore became a 50/50 proposition instead of me losing 95% of the time.

The same is true with the firebolts. I've run into thieves where an entire firebolt loadout was a comple waste of money. There are two types of thieves where this is the case. I've played Bill where I've had a full firebolt load out and because he was a ghoster when my bolts were out I was all done. Likewise, I've had Grank and CrouchingDork move in such a manner that I wasted all my bolts trying to hit them.

Bill, Grank, and CD are quite skilled. If you cannot match that skill and make the firebolt loudout a fools buy then you need more pratice.

I applaud the developers of this game. If you look at the game market (especially in MMORPGs) they strive for such a formula balance that playing one game is very much like playing another. TUT is about the ONLY ONLINE GAME WITH ANY DEPTH I've played that requires STUDY AND SKILL to master it. It is the one MOST LIKE CHESS. If I had a couple of million to throw around on development I'd back putting TUT on the UT2004 engine and market this puppy. It is truly brilliant and doesn't need change.
                        "A gerbil is a rodent, wretched creature and quite possibly represents yourself there unclean vile obsolete weak and live happily in there and others filth, they have caused plague and death to humans and nearly wiped us out" - industrialism

Comment

Originally posted by Bucchus
                          Originally posted by Hannu
                          :lol:
                          This would probably make a good TUT comic...

I'm on it!!

(Remember guys, PM me ideas if you have em!)
                          Garlisk's Fantasy Art Gallery
                          www.usyetzer.com

Comment

IMO firebolts are way overpowered, and I will leave the server if they are overused. I find that they lack skill in using them, and will almost guarantee a thief kill if there are any aimbot ais around. Guards don't have to know where the thief is, they don't have to employ any form of strategy, or even have to aim much. They just fire it in the darkness somewhere and the thief is forced to run or DM. Invis potions don't help any as all the guards have to do is launch one where the thief was and that's a wasted invis potion.

However this gives me an idea which I will post in the suggestions forum.
                            <-- Resident Nightblade suggestion attorney...

Comment

The only thing I'd like changed is the length of time a Thief burns for. I think 2 or 3 seconds should be sufficient time for the thief to be alight.

Comment

Working...
                              X