Politics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Politics

Guys, its what i wanna do when im old enough.... I wanna have my own radio show... Do yall think i have potential for it?? Just wandering... I love debating for my beleifs and I think it would be the job i would love most... So whaddya guys think?
    If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe - Carl Sagan

Originally posted by Bulletstopper
    Guys, its what i wanna do when im old enough.... I wanna have my own radio show... Do yall think i have potential for it?? Just wandering... I love debating for my beleifs and I think it would be the job i would love most... So whaddya guys think?
    I would recommend the following:

1) Take a course in logic and learn it well.
    2) Take tons of history and politics and learn to love those subjects.
    3) Learn to listen -- too many talk show hosts bully callers and present only one side of the story in an attempt to push an agenda. It's okay to have a viewpoint or political affilation, but try to get the oppositions honest opinion and not strawmen to knock down.

This is in addition to learning the radio business.
    I enjoy Rush Limbaugh and Sean Hannity to a point but they often present liberal views so incompletely that it is dishonest. I quit watching Dan Rather because of that crap and there are times I turn those guys off for the same reason.
    "A gerbil is a rodent, wretched creature and quite possibly represents yourself there unclean vile obsolete weak and live happily in there and others filth, they have caused plague and death to humans and nearly wiped us out" - industrialism

Comment

Off-topic, but somehow, my hand moved my mouse to click on this thread, before the thread's name could process in my brain.

Opinions on the mental hospital I should apply for incarceration into?

Comment

Originally posted by Swiss Mercenary
        Off-topic, but somehow, my hand moved my mouse to click on this thread, before the thread's name could process in my brain.

Opinions on the mental hospital I should apply for incarceration into?
        Should all be free in Canada, shouldn't it?
        Either that, or you could check into Asylum.....
        "A gerbil is a rodent, wretched creature and quite possibly represents yourself there unclean vile obsolete weak and live happily in there and others filth, they have caused plague and death to humans and nearly wiped us out" - industrialism

Comment

How are you going to have a radio station when you think RAP & ROCK sucks?! :roll:
          -TuF- Emptying clan servers of their own clan members since 2010
          - Agg moderator campaign supporter 2011
          - #2 of 3 LANers of the Apocalypse!
          -YT

Comment

Not rock, Fix. PUNK rock.

And not all radio shows are putting music on.
            JM

Comment

I think Fixxer is saying that bullet needs to be more tolerant of other cultures/people's lifestyle choices/etc.

Comment

Unless his radio station didnt play music, like Lurox said, but takes the mic and/or slanders music as a whole... Then he'd be alright.
                -TuF- Emptying clan servers of their own clan members since 2010
                - Agg moderator campaign supporter 2011
                - #2 of 3 LANers of the Apocalypse!
                -YT

Comment

MUSIC SUCKS!! I HATE EVERYONE WHO LISTENS TO MUSIC!!!

It's not my fault everything you like is terrible.

Comment

LoL... Trust me, im already listening to everyones point of view.... Im trying to find some liberal talk shows to listen to, but i cant find any right now.... anyone know of any in houston??? Fixxer im talking about political radio shows!
                    If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe - Carl Sagan

Comment

Originally posted by Bulletstopper
                      LoL... Trust me, im already listening to everyones point of view.... Im trying to find some liberal talk shows to listen to, but i cant find any right now.... anyone know of any in houston??? Fixxer im talking about political radio shows!
                      Watch any news program on:
                      CBS
                      ABS
                      NBS

Comment

isn't NPR radio station supposed to be really left wing too?

Comment

Originally posted by Alpha-Omega
                          They're actually one of the most unbiased news sources around.

Comment

Originally posted by Alpha-Omega
                            I think they tilt that way, but on the whole I think they are pretty dang good.

Comment

alright, does anyone know of any radio stations tho?

Edit: Im a moron!!! I didnt think NPR was radio... But i shoulda read the post a little better

Comment

Working...
                              X