bands like metallica should do "old music tours"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bands like metallica should do "old music tours"

Has anyone every heard of this? i just think it would be soooo cool if older bands like metallica that still play today, would go on tour and play some of their stuff from the 80's etc. And go on tours specifically to sell more copies of an older ablum, playing music live from that ablum only. I think they would get alot of support doing this.
    "It is truly a shame that the guards must be kept from the very tools of thier proffesion, but such blatant misuse of gas arrows cannot be tolerated. Alas, that poor burrick..."

Half the Metallica set was "older" stuff at Big Day Out here. Apart from that, well... people want to hear ALL the stuff, not just a certain time period. It's what makes bands like 'tallica and AC/DC great, they've been around for ages and have a huge catalogue that they can pull out.

Having said that, though... if a group of old metal bands got together for a specialized tour there probably would be a lot of interest.
    Nightmaster,
    .:Mockers Thievery Guild:.
    - "until the cat is skinned"

Comment

Not to mentiom a lot of old geasers with med alert bracelets in teh crowd.

I feel this would be an idea, but think a lot of younger ppl wouldnt care fore the thrashier stuff that borders on speed metal.
      Never let LaughingRat shave your testicles with a rusty serrated knife.

Comment

Yeah. Prob is that Metallica's saint anger sucked ass.

No, really. It sucked. It's NOTHING compared to Master of Puppets or the Black Album. AC/DC is great too, but they keep doing the same thing over and over...
        JM

Comment

heh, you think saint anger sucked? have you ever heard them sing it live? :| :? its dispicable, a complete disgrace to their good name. But you see, i'm 17 and i would go see them if they played a concert of say, their music from 1980 - 1987 or so. Black ablum and on kinda sucks to me

just download the live music vid of Fade To Black and you'll see what i mean...besides, at the end of the movie, the camera man flims up on two buck naked chicks in the crowed
          "It is truly a shame that the guards must be kept from the very tools of thier proffesion, but such blatant misuse of gas arrows cannot be tolerated. Alas, that poor burrick..."

Comment

Working...
          X