Leaving for awhile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leaving for awhile

thats right! me and garslik are going on a vacation to the bahamas to partay harday without all you lame fuckers!

jk, actually i'm going on a sabatical (well i never fully returned) because i cannot get Thievery to work on my computer for more the 10 consecutive minutes, then i have to reset. I have to spend somemore money on some wireless network equipment before i return, so it maybe a little while, or it may not.

Also, a problem i'm having that just started today that i would like somone to help me with if possible. My computer, is randomly every half hour or so, shutting off. I checked system health after one of the shutdowns, and everything was okay. Any ideas anyone?

Thanks, and i hope to see you all ingame in the near future

Thief13x aka Timmy
    "It is truly a shame that the guards must be kept from the very tools of thier proffesion, but such blatant misuse of gas arrows cannot be tolerated. Alas, that poor burrick..."

Could you post your PC equipment and your Operating System? The guys at the forums at sharkyextreme.com are helpful maybe you can ask them. Do you overclock?
    IS the system idle when it shuts down? have you scanned for viruses and used adaware? have you changed any settings since you installed your OS? how long have you been having this problem? you built your own pc? you installed the os or it came installed? do you have your pc set to shutdown if it reaches a certain temperature? How many HDs do you have? This may be a sign of your HD failing, not sure. have any extra components that you can switch out to see if this is a hardware or software problem?

Comment

Well, the problem just started yesterday, thats the oddest part, of course it was 80 degrees out but like i said, i did check my system health at the time. I do have it set to shut down at a certain temp, but like i said the current temp wasn't anywhere near there.

My system is as follows

1.2 Ghz Athalon (non overclocked)
      512 mb ddr ram
      128 ddr Geforce 5200 graphics card
      Spacewalker motherboard w/ Via chipset

As for the system being idle when it shuts down? no its not, the first time it happened i was playtesting my Dromed map, and the second and third time i was working on my report for school. I havn't really had a chance to scan for viruses, etc, but i did try scandisc to no avail. I did build my own pc, and i did install my operating system, but ive had this pc for about four years! I have two HardDrives, 1 - 20 gig (nothing but operating system is installed there), and a 120 gig for all my games, etc. I guess it could be the HD, but i remmember this happening to me along time ago, and it finally went away. Not sure, maybe i'll try disk defrag and see if that helps.

Thanks for the website btw

T13x
      "It is truly a shame that the guards must be kept from the very tools of thier proffesion, but such blatant misuse of gas arrows cannot be tolerated. Alas, that poor burrick..."

Comment

If you have more than one computer and they all use a router for the same internet. It could be the router that is causing the problem then. Happens with me now and then. What you do is check the connection for your computer and see if it spontaneously cuts off the internet now and then. If thats the case just re-plug it or if its not that you might need a new router.
        "He said he didn't trust me, so I killed him."--Hidden_Wolfe

Comment

Working...
        X