This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mad Gerbil's Nightmare, Come True

Stats from the CrkZ thievery server since the rebuild a few months ago.

ThiefWins=1144
    GuardWins=686

I'll have to talk to Jarvis about this so we can try and figure out how to even this up a bit.

Loot drop++

Comment

yah, lewt drop is defenatly it...come back MG we need ur skillz!!!!!
      "It is truly a shame that the guards must be kept from the very tools of thier proffesion, but such blatant misuse of gas arrows cannot be tolerated. Alas, that poor burrick..."

Comment

I'd say thats fine... the game is called Thievery.

Also, it gives those moaning bastards in the 'bugs and suggestions' threads something the think about. If firespamming is such a problem, then why are the thieves winning so much? Just a thought.
        -TuF- Emptying clan servers of their own clan members since 2010
        - Agg moderator campaign supporter 2011
        - #2 of 3 LANers of the Apocalypse!
        -YT

Comment

I'm going to stop thiefing on the crackaz server!

Comment

Originally posted by Grank
            Stats from the CrkZ thievery server since the rebuild a few months ago.

ThiefWins=1144
            GuardWins=686

I'll have to talk to Jarvis about this so we can try and figure out how to even this up a bit.
            How many people practice playing Thief alone on Crackaz? I know I do, usually waiting on someone to join.

Let that be a hint to the rest of you...
            TCO – Retired
            Former TCO Head of Intelligence – Retired

Comment

Originally posted by Occam
              Loot drop++
              Time limit--
              No Linux, No Choice.
              Know Linux, Know Choice.

Comment

I don't think that's a good idea, LM...

Up the loot drop, though. It sounds like it'll work, and is more rewarding to slower styles as opposed to DM'ing.
                TCO – Retired
                Former TCO Head of Intelligence – Retired

Comment

The funny thing is when I rebuilt the TUT server I upped the loot drop to 65%. Before our hdd died I didn't have a chance to look over the stats but thought from my experience thieves were winning too much. I'm hesitant to up the loot drop much higher than 65%. Maybe lowering the time by 5 minutes + modifier is the answer but I'll have to consult Jarvis to get his thoughts.

Comment

Dropping the time limit too far (or at all) will make it really hard on a single thief trying to play a level against a couple of guards. I wonder if dropping the guard auto-awaken time might help. Loot drop is definitely a good consideration as well.

Comment

Originally posted by LaughingRat
                      I wonder if dropping the guard auto-awaken time might help.

Comment

If you didn't change a single thing and then the RLF came back and reversed those numbers by schooling guards would it still be a server setting issue or a teamwork issue?

Not trying to be an arse here, but I think the settings are irrelevent.

I've heard alot of firespamming going around. If that is the case then I have to wonder if guards are playing like a team. If they ain't, they deserve to lose.
                        "A gerbil is a rodent, wretched creature and quite possibly represents yourself there unclean vile obsolete weak and live happily in there and others filth, they have caused plague and death to humans and nearly wiped us out" - industrialism

Comment

Gerbs has a point methinks. I'm still waiting for Grank to get off his duff and answer my IM... but I am not in favor of dropping the time limit. I don't want to encourage more rushing and dming.

Loot drop, and AI awaken sound like good things to tweak a bit. The guards should try and communicate a little more... we do have some newish people playing a lot... they'll learn :wink:

Comment

one thing i hate is when a guard tells me they're getting no thieves in he area, then the HUD tells me they've just killed two taffers.

lack of communication is the reason here: not server settings.

and the fact that i play of CrKZ most often
                            "Just off the border of your waking mind there lies another time, where darkness and light are one. As you tread the halls of sanity, you feel so glad to be unable to go beyond. I have a message from another time."

Comment

Originally posted by Thief13x
                              yah, lewt drop is defenatly it...come back MG we need ur skillz!!!!!
                              Actually, we don't really require the skills (if you consider it a skill at all) of a firespammer again.

Comment

Working...
                              X