Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New education system.

http://thss.ca/oldsite/thss/

My friend... errr... a hot girl from BC... (hahaha) goes to that school and she was telling me about it. It's still not perfect but it's a huge improvement from, as I said, "this outdated institution" we use today.

They're making a new site too, so hopefully the new one will explain better.

(posted in the pets thread before by accident, sorry BA)
    The only constant is change.
    (And I wouldn't have it any other way.)

I like it! This is the style of learning that I try to implement in my classroom. It is difficult to do while teaching in a traditional type school loaded with traditional type teachers and traditional type students who just want to be taught in the traditional way to be able to take a traditional test. Thanks for sharing this.
    formerly littlek

Comment

I really can't see that system working for someone like me. I lack the motivation to do things myself. I have to be told what to do or it won't get done...
      It's not my fault everything you like is terrible.

Comment

The public school I go to has a program that's heading in that direction - online courses. For the classes that can be taken on-line, you only show up for tests, and on specific days.

I've taken IT, and am taking programming classes that way.

The way I see it - People that want to do well (All two of them) breeze through the courses.

Everyone else hand in their work a week late, etc.

And did I mention that motivating some of those sloths is like pulling teeth?

Four words: Not. Worth. The. Time. Our education budget is already hurting, the last thing we need is 2 teachers per student.

Comment

C.A.R.E.S.

- Caring
          - Accepting
          - Respectful / Responsible
          - Ethical
          - Safe

Oh dear God, no!

--------------

Actually I don't see how this differs from any system. Maybe it's because the site is full of buzzwords and offers no details. Someone care to explain what's the big friggin' deal here?
          Ah, to be a hero. Keeping such company...

Comment

Originally posted by DeepQantas
            C.A.R.E.S.

- Caring
            - Accepting
            - Respectful / Responsible
            - Ethical
            - Safe

Oh dear God, no!
            Or...

S.C.A.R.E.

- Spiteful
            - Cunning
            - Arrogant
            - Revenge
            - Egotistical
            "Garlisk's got a lov-el-y bunch of coconuts."

Comment

Originally posted by Swiss Mercenary
              Four words: Not. Worth. The. Time. Our education budget is already hurting, the last thing we need is 2 teachers per student.
              Word. I can see this becoming a HUGE hassle too. It just seems like two teachers or even one teacher per student is a gross waste of resources. I think if you should have 1-2 teachers for one person it should be someone with severe learning disabilities, behavioral problems, or if you're just rich enough to pay them specificially to teach you or anyone else. But wait, they already have that, so idea isn't new at all, and this whole organization is really just another waste of time and money! They just keep racking up the idiot points don't they?
              "He said he didn't trust me, so I killed him."--Hidden_Wolfe

Comment

Yeah... god forbid that people be taught to take responsibility for themselves instead of being told what to do :roll:

If you payed attention and gave the site more than a cursory read, you'd know that there's one teacher for every 22 pupils.

Comment

Originally posted by Nachimir
                  If you payed attention and gave the site more than a cursory read, you'd know that there's one teacher for every 22 pupils.

There'll be none of that here.
                  Never let LaughingRat shave your testicles with a rusty serrated knife.

Comment

Thanks Nach.

Like I said, it's not perfect, but it's an improvement, and hopefully the start of a better system.

Comment

Originally posted by Nachimir
                      Oops ops: Damn my eyes *looks for an eye-pick*
                      "He said he didn't trust me, so I killed him."--Hidden_Wolfe

Comment

*shoves his finger into Wolf's eye*

Comment

Working...
                        X