This community will soon expand!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This community will soon expand!

I have a feeling that the Thievery community is going to boom with new players after the release of Thief3. No doubt about it, if we have this many players after 4 years of no new games, then surely we're going to become huge!

what do you guys think?

personally, i can't wait! :grin:
    "It is truly a shame that the guards must be kept from the very tools of thier proffesion, but such blatant misuse of gas arrows cannot be tolerated. Alas, that poor burrick..."

A few new players, yes... but I don't think we'll get truckloads of new Garrett wouldbe's.

Thievery's learning curve is just a bit too steep.
    Not that that's a bad thing.

Comment

Huh. I just thought Timmy was going to say he was leaving. That'd do it.

Comment

gack! jsut stop being mean!

well, i think he may be right. On the other hand, players like me went to thief AFTER thievery.
        "Just off the border of your waking mind there lies another time, where darkness and light are one. As you tread the halls of sanity, you feel so glad to be unable to go beyond. I have a message from another time."

Comment

If Thief 3 sucks, and all the noobs hate it, I can't see much interest in Thievery...
          It's not my fault everything you like is terrible.

Comment

Originally posted by LaughingRat

Thought you were gonna say that he was going to inflate eh eh.

Yeah, I agree with v1us and big_d.

We all know how steep that curve is and how the public in general has little patiente to learn how to play a first person game online.
            If the game sucks the community will remain more or less the same because its been a loooong time and a 1 game out of 3 will not make hardcore fans go away.
            Probably the only ones that risk getting flamed is Ion Storm.
            Feel the power of the

Comment

I bet we also get some taffers playing NightBlade and Alien Swarm...

Comment

The other forums that I visit, and have been with since the beginning of Thief, have had an influx of n00bs with the release of T3. The question of multiplayer has come up time and time again. Thievery comes up, and of course, I give it my all to talk about it, and explain to them the game, I have recruited some new players lately, so, never say never.

Comment

My expectation would be Thief3 brings in new people after a fashion. Learning curve is steep, but if you know Thief, you got the basics of the game play. Those who can handle facing some ownage until they learn the game will stick around I am sure. As Theif is more a niche game requiring a bit more patience to begin with, I suspect quite a few will.

That said, I do not expect this to happen right away. In fact I expect play to decline right after Thief3 is released. At least I expect my playing to drop at first.
                  Give some taffer fire, and you'll keep him warm for the night with one less reason to cause trouble for the master.
                  Set a taffer on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life, and have no need to bother the master.

Comment

Originally posted by Antero90

Thought you were gonna say that he was going to inflate eh eh.
                    Not a chance. I wasn't talking about his sexual partners, after all.

Comment

:x :? LR don't make me show them a picture of you :lol:

i have the rat by the tail and he aint laughin no more 8)
                      "It is truly a shame that the guards must be kept from the very tools of thier proffesion, but such blatant misuse of gas arrows cannot be tolerated. Alas, that poor burrick..."

Comment

Originally posted by Thief13x
                        :x :? LR don't make me show them a picture of you :lol:

i have the rat by the tail and he aint laughin no more 8)
                        You don't HAVE a picture of me, and I am most certainly still laughing. Specifically, laughing my ass off at your sorry ass.

Comment

Originally posted by BrokenArts
                          The other forums that I visit, and have been with since the beginning of Thief, have had an influx of n00bs with the release of T3. The question of multiplayer has come up time and time again. Thievery comes up, and of course, I give it my all to talk about it, and explain to them the game, I have recruited some new players lately, so, never say never.
                          My experience is that people who like thief are generally not interested in playing it multiplayer, because it's quite a bit different from playing against CPU guards. Most of the Thief people I introduced to this game only play it singleplayer because of that.

Then there's the people that play FPS whom I introduced. They stopped playing altogether because it's too slowpaced. It's hard to see the potential of this mod when you've never played anything like it before.

Maybe splinter cell will bring in a few more players over time, but I would'nt count on Thief3 doing so.

Comment

Originally posted by -=V12US=-
                            Maybe splinter cell will bring in a few more players over time, but I would'nt count on Thief3 doing so.
                            If you even think of mentioning Thievery UT to the Splinter Cellers, make sure you were flame proof armor.....

I sitll haven't recovered for my attempt at it.

Comment

Originally posted by Master-Builder
                              Originally posted by -=V12US=-
                              If you even think of mentioning Thievery UT to the Splinter Cellers, make sure you were flame proof armor.....

I sitll haven't recovered for my attempt at it.
                              Heh? How come?

Comment

Working...
                              X