Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Every forum these days needs a "Far Cry Thread"...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Every forum these days needs a "Far Cry Thread"...

..so here is it.

Just finished it on the highest difficulty, and i gotta say - wow, just wow. Most challenging, best looking, motivating and LONGEST game i had since a long time. Bit frustrating sometimes - thank god we have thick walls or neighbors would have called police coz of my constant cussing :lol: - but sweeeeet as hell.

Point of interest : most of the (btw huge) open areas have jungle vegetation in which the bushes and small trees serve as hiding places just like the shadows in TUT - means you can hide in a bush and shoot at the unsuspecting enemies...till they come at you to sniff ya out

And now im gonna start it again from the beginning...unlocked some special mode - but at lower difficulty. I need to relax a bit
    My leet Thievery Map
    My leet UT3 Map
    My leet AS Map

Yeah I just finished it too, great game. And yeah, some parts can be frustrating as hell, like pretty much the entire dam level.

Comment

Go and play soldier of fortune 2 on maximum difficulty.... quite a challenge.
      <-- Resident Nightblade suggestion attorney...

Comment

Hehe i found leaning around corners all the time to avoid getting shot a bit boring :grin:

"Enter hallway/room, lean around corner, shoot baddies in the head, collect ammo/armor, repeat" :twisted:
        My leet Thievery Map
        My leet UT3 Map
        My leet AS Map

Comment

i dont mean to hijack or anything, but have you guys played Painkiller? Far Cry and Painkiller seem to be the two new hot FPSs out today, so i feel the need to mention it. awesome physics, my god. very sharp, crisp, graphics with good lighting, but it runs slowly on higher resolutions and texture settings (on my geforce4 ti4200 128 mb). the weapons are really satisfying, though. theres a stake launcher that impales enemies and lodges them into nearby crates and walls and such. the presentation is really unique and well done, too. the menus have good sounds and ambience, and the gothic setting is unique (compared to all of these basic military shooters). selecting levels is actually fun...

give it a try. i got the PCGamer demo which is a Venice type level called City On Water. theres also a great boss fight that exposes some amazing physics -- lots of bricks 'n shit flying everywhere.

i need to try Far Cry.
          "Tyler sold his soap to department stores at $20 a bar. Lord knows what they charged. It was beautiful. We were selling rich women their own fat asses back to them."

Comment

Saw the trailer, awesome. Downloaded the demo, have yet to play it.

Comment

Played the demo... really loved it.

Mach, this is your Birthday prez' (9th w00t)
              -TuF- Emptying clan servers of their own clan members since 2010
              - Agg moderator campaign supporter 2011
              - #2 of 3 LANers of the Apocalypse!
              -YT

Comment

I played the Painkiller demo at my friend's and I liked it. It was like undead Serious Sam , but with a lot more interesting ideas. The stake gun is so cool, too bad you can't nail enemies together with it :twisted:

The Far Cry demo didn't impress me so much, it was nice looking though. But all it seemed to have was just this "realistic" army combat. I'd prefer something a bit more different now. I've understood that the full release has something else to offer also, some weird monsters?
                My cats are black! How about yours?

Comment

I can't wait to try the multiplayer on Far Cry, I hope theres both some good DM modes and some good teambased modes, maybe even a game of the week for TCG?
                  ~TuF~

Comment

Originally posted by Bucchus
                    The Far Cry demo didn't impress me so much, it was nice looking though. But all it seemed to have was just this "realistic" army combat. I'd prefer something a bit more different now. I've understood that the full release has something else to offer also, some weird monsters?
                    No, its like an action shooter or sneaker... if your good.

Originally posted by Bucchus
                    I played the Painkiller demo at my friend's and I liked it. It was like undead Serious Sam , but with a lot more interesting ideas. The stake gun is so cool, too bad you can't nail enemies together with it :twisted:
                    Painkiller demo ROCKS, a definate buy. Maybe another for TCG.
                    -TuF- Emptying clan servers of their own clan members since 2010
                    - Agg moderator campaign supporter 2011
                    - #2 of 3 LANers of the Apocalypse!
                    -YT

Comment

Hm this depends on the difficulty settings i think - the higher the more "realistic" and "tactical" it gets...on lower settings you can go gung-ho no prob. And...

!Warning, Major Spoilers ahead!

....Yup. Fatass Doom 3 likeish Monsters. But you cant really judge Fracry from the demo. Theres alot more than just some "brawling at the beach". Theres Caves, some driving around in jeeps and gunning at helicopters, Wolfensteiny Lab Levels, boating down fortified rivers, Jungle Catacombs, some toe-to-toe assault-the-base levels...and you dont always have to use just that boring M4, besides the stationary Mortars and Machinegun and the Sniper-rifle, MP5 and P90 seen in the demo, u get : G36-Assault Rifle, M279 Machinegun (my fav), Jackhammer Shotgun, Rocket-Launcher, OICW (uh, some like it) - think thats all. And with the mod-compatibility and already released editor there might be some cool user-made stuff ahead. If ya got the rig for it, buy it.
                      My leet Thievery Map
                      My leet UT3 Map
                      My leet AS Map

Comment

I wanna have far cry too....
                        If I buy the game... would I get enough for my money?
                        Maybe I will dl it first ^.^
                        "Blockheads never learn, Clever learn by his own mistakes, Intelligents learn by mistakes of others."

Comment

Originally posted by FixXxeR
                          No, its like an action shooter or sneaker... if your good.
                          So, do you mean that it's an action shooter and you can exploit stuff like long range weapons and leaning behind corners to take out all enemies without them even noticing you "That" kind of sneaker... So that it necessarily wasn't intended by the makers.

Schleicher, that sounds much better than the impression I got from the demo.

Originally posted by FixXxeR
                          Painkiller demo ROCKS, a definate buy. Maybe another for TCG.
                          Yep, I'll have to buy that one too if I should lay my hands on a new computer in the future...
                          With the Painkiller's "satanic" theme, I can't wait to see what reviews it will get here. (No offense to you christians out there, but that site is just silly)
                          My cats are black! How about yours?

Comment

Working...
                          X