The Ultimate Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Ultimate Question

If you are confronted with a guard running towards your shadow, flare in hand....
    What do YOU do?
    Ready my blackjack, and get him before he draws a blade, or even sees me
    0%
    Run for my life
    0%
    Flash and/or Invis, then run away to taff again
    0%
    Other (explain)
    0%
    Nightwarden,
    .:Mockers Thievery Guild:.
    - "Earth dons the red; calls the maggots."

Originally posted by shadow rodent
    If you are confronted with a guard running towards your shadow, flare in hand....
    What do YOU do?
    I chose the top option, but really it depends on the situation. If it's a large patch of shadow, I'll try to stay away from him. If it's a small patch of shadow, I'll try to BJ him as he runs past me.

In small shadows the guard should have thrown the flare and readied his sword, if he had done so, I'd have tried to flee.

Comment

Ready the blackjack, step to one side facing away from the guard so my gangly arms don't show up in his perifaral vision, if he sees/feels me, bonk him on the head (even if it's the front, I'll make him wobble, anger him, and knock his helmet off) then run forward a few steps, jump, flip around in the air and throw a flashbomb on the floor in front of him.

Then run away opening the odd door on the way to misdirect, don't visit this area again for at least 2 minutes.
      ~TuF~

Comment

Originally posted by TheMachine
        Ready the blackjack, step to one side facing away from the guard so my gangly arms don't show up in his perifaral vision, if he sees/feels me, bonk him on the head (even if it's the front, I'll make him wobble, anger him, and knock his helmet off) then run forward a few steps, jump, flip around in the air and throw a flashbomb on the floor in front of him.

Then run away opening the odd door on the way to misdirect, don't visit this area again for at least 2 minutes.
        Thats nothin.

When I see a guard coming, I ready my blackjack, do a backflip over his head, bang down on top of him and make it a jump KO. Then I do a couple cartwheels over to the objective, flip around a couple times, pull out my sword, do a pirouette holding the sword out killing any guards (or thieves) in the area. Then I jump around like daffy duck and go "Woohoo Woohoo".

Comment

Originally posted by Mad_Bergil

Thats nothin.

When I see a guard coming, I ready my blackjack, do a backflip over his head, bang down on top of him and make it a jump KO. Then I do a couple cartwheels over to the objective, flip around a couple times, pull out my sword, do a pirouette holding the sword out killing any guards (or thieves) in the area. Then I jump around like daffy duck and go "Woohoo Woohoo".
          PIROUETTE? ops: methinks maybe he's a ballerina. LOL

Comment

Note that he never once mentions GRABBING the objective.

OMG!! DM THIEF!!!

Comment

Mad_Bergil:

Per LaughingRats accusation your file is now under review.
              Please do not leave the country.

Thank you,

Mad_Gerbil
              "A gerbil is a rodent, wretched creature and quite possibly represents yourself there unclean vile obsolete weak and live happily in there and others filth, they have caused plague and death to humans and nearly wiped us out" - industrialism

Comment

I hate polls.

Comment

Originally posted by Ř·mega
                  I hate polls.
                  I like 'em, I allways win at polls

Comment

i hide on another shadow

Comment

Who needs to "ready" their BJ when one can youse the "V" key trick to have it handy all the time?

Comment

Originally posted by TheMachine

Thats nothin.

PAH! I mock your petty escape!

one time, I saw a guard coming, I ran out of the shadow AT him, jumped, ran up the guards torso and kicked him in the face jedi knight 2 style (pronounced Sty-leeeee) fliped and summersaulted backwards on top of a conveiniantly placed wooden ledge, I readyed a crack arrow and when he got up from my boot-in-face treatment I shot him in the mouth with my crack arrow and he exploded into lots of green and red kibbles, on the moment he exploded I gave outa bruce lee style WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!... i then focused my energy.... and continued to steal shit.

BEAT THAT BITCH!
                        ~TuF~

Comment

Bah, that's the easy way.

Last time I was in that situation, I flashbombed the guard, then took a large leap backwards and ended on a ledge higher up. I quickly climbed up the wall, scurried across the ceiling and dropped on him, quickly hitting him with my tail stinger. Unfortunately, the guard had a lucky sword swing and scratch my skin, but the acid blood blinded him for another 5 seconds, during which time I readied my inner jaw and bit his head off with it.

Comment

There was no option for disconnecting from the server and blaming it on lag

Comment

If it seems impossible to escape , I simply type "GG" if I'm the last thief.

Comment

Working...
                              X