best excuses that were used in school

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• best excuses that were used in school

So the "Gangster" thread is not highjacked any more than it is, I have decided to start this thread. I would like to compile a list of 'excuses for not turning in work on time' that you used in school. BUT, I want 2 catagories; excuses that worked, and excuses that did not work. I plan to give these out in advance to my students next year. I teach High School so make it age appropriate however, this list could also include some excuses used in college as well.

I'll start....errr....well.....can't think of any that I used. Too many years have gone by I guess. Orrrrrr maybe I just always turned everything in on time. Yeah that's it!
    formerly littlek

OK. "My sister was raped yesterday." Like I said in the other thread, that really WAS an excuse for not finishing a calc assignment, and it worked.

The one about supervising my sister's community service was just a joke.

Comment

I just stayed at home, ignored my parents yelling at me and shifted the decision what to use as an excuse to the next day. Usually "I had a cold" - and it mostly worked coz i have some chronic broncial stuff. Nevertheless usually i had to deliver the stuff, but it felt more comfy doing while chilling at home with TV and long breakfast while all the other poor souls had to sit in the smelly classrooms ( 8) :grin. Or i just half-assed copied it from a buddy before the lesson in which i had to deliver it.

Oh well but i did some "extra rounds" in school, so thats mebbe not a good ideal to live by :lol:
      My leet Thievery Map
      My leet UT3 Map
      My leet AS Map

Comment

My best friend was in a car crash, it was true the first time I used it, but not so true the next 10
        All americans suck donkey balls except for you!

Comment

This isn't really an excuse (as no-one believed me anyway), but it was very odd:
          When I was about fourteen I used to cycle to school every day, taking about 20 minutes. One day I left at the same time as usual (it definately was that time too, I used to listen to the radio in the morning), took the exact same route as always, didn't stop for anything and it felt like my usual 20 minute journey.
          When I got to school I was three-quarters of an hour late, and I've never understood why.

Comment

You need one of these

Originally posted by darth_weasel from Nalicity
            Logic obviously dictates aliens that have travelled millions of light years to study us will be foiled by their inability to remove a hat from a person

Comment

Originally posted by !MegaDude!
              When I was about fourteen I used to cycle to school every day, taking about 20 minutes. One day I left at the same time as usual (it definately was that time too, I used to listen to the radio in the morning), took the exact same route as always, didn't stop for anything and it felt like my usual 20 minute journey.
              When I got to school I was three-quarters of an hour late, and I've never understood why.
              *sends Scully and Mulder to Megadude's*

Comment

Okay, a few I have used/ thought of using... for school, college and anything else...

"Fires could break out at any time, sir"

"I wanted to make an entrance." (not really an excuse, but hey, if your in trouble why not dig a bit deeper)

"I didn't do my work because you said it was optional!!" (yep, didnt work)

"My coffee was too strong..."

:grin:
                -TuF- Emptying clan servers of their own clan members since 2010
                - Agg moderator campaign supporter 2011
                - #2 of 3 LANers of the Apocalypse!
                -YT

Comment

"Omg!? Was that for today?! I was certain it was for (Insert random day)... "
                  Mostly works.

What don't work? I dunno... I got mad excuses skillz, so i only use ones that work...

Comment

"i was para-bolted and wasn't able to move until this morning."
                    http://profiles.myspace.com/users/7360475
                    -=:ToB:=- / :]eDe[: Site: www.endarkend.net
                    -=:ToB:=-Forums: www.endarkend.net/phpbb/
                    -=:ToB:=-PayingSins (TUT MAP)- http://www.endarkend.net/downloads/m...oB_Payback.zip

Comment

I mostly call in sick. I'm too crap at excuses.
                      JM

Comment

I'll give you - not a excuse - but a tip on what I did to not fail a test.

I came to class, and there the old teacher stood and gave out a test in Religion to the students, and I was terrified since I hadn't read anything at all (must have forgot, err...). Being in the situation, I couldn't just drop everything I had in my hands and make a run for it, I could not make a silly excuse either since it wouldn't have worked, so I sat down and got the test delivered to my desk.

What to do now!?, I thought - but then I came up with a brilliant idea. I just wrote some random stuff and made drawings the whole hour (45 mins), and when we were told to deliver the test on the teacher's desk, I just gave in a blank note - instead of the test I would have failed on. Luckily for me, the teacher didn't notice that since everyone delivered at the same time.

A week later, when the teacher delivered back the tests with grades, I asked for mine - and obviously she couldn't find it. She said she was sorry and that she must have dropped it somewhere. So, I didn't get a bad grade in Religion since I took the test later on (when I was prepared).'

Note: This may not work on non-overworked, young teachers.

Comment

While I was walking to the school an eagle came and snatched it out of my hands and dropped it in a puddle which then spontaneously combusted.
                          Something in the back of my head tells me this one worked although I can't fully remember. I'm skeptical of what my brain is telling me.

I slid it under your door last night. You didn't get it?
                          Works once, and only if your teacher has an office.

I was working on the floor and went away for a minute and the puppy pissed all over it.
                          Never tried it, sounds like it would work(for things written by hand, obviously).
                          Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia, n. See also Irony.

Comment

dang that sounds like it could really work hehehe.
                            The Guard "eats, drinks, and sleeps"

Likita: lol, can't.. must..stay..awake.............

It's TACO TIME!

Comment

Originally posted by DarkProject
                              "i was para-bolted and wasn't able to move until this morning."

In winter we always say if we comes too late (or at the next day)... ehm the bus didnt come cause of the snow! I live on a mountain and the sch00l is in the valley so there is never snow at school! The teachers are always bitching us about that but it works fine ^.^
                              "Blockheads never learn, Clever learn by his own mistakes, Intelligents learn by mistakes of others."

Comment

Working...
                              X