X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Industrialism:

what we had talk about, is

LARP aka Con (Live Active RolePlay)
    People in real Life meet somewhere, and play historical or Gamestuff.

In case of Via-Nox-Clan here in Thievery, they play Thievery LARP. I dont know the name they use, but Roe can post it additonal.

To give you a suggestion, an overview about LARP, check this out:

http://www.mythicaljourneys.com/mjsi...php3?SubCat=20
    http://www.flrp.anang.com/whitecity/xps.html

and according to Thief Series:
    http://www.thief-thecircle.com/showa...th=8&year=2002
    scroll down to "Thief LARP"

So, i hope that gives you a little View in the World of "Live the Game", hehehe. This is what Via-Nox is doin. Great Thing, btw.

Sincerely
    Brody
    A real huge Man will neither stamp on a Worm, nor crawl for an Emperor

Thievery Customs Center
    Vietcong Customs Center

You dont wear any fancy costumes while doing that do ya?
    My leet Thievery Map
    My leet UT3 Map
    My leet AS Map

Comment

Originally posted by Schleicher
      You dont wear any fancy costumes while doing that do ya?
      Lightning bolt! Lightning bolt! Lightning bolt!

Comment

Quote Garrett: "Fanatics make unrealiable friends."

Comment

Fanatics saved Garrett's butt twice.

Comment

Uhuh, i see...a group of people wearing fancy costumes and shouting wacky stuff at each other....

*cough*

Oh look at this over there!

*runs in opposite direction*
            My leet Thievery Map
            My leet UT3 Map
            My leet AS Map

Comment

Originally posted by Schleicher
              Uhuh, i see...a group of people wearing fancy costumes and shouting wacky stuff at each other....
              Uh, thats my family. Sorry, I'll try to keep them hidden from now on.
              It's not my fault everything you like is terrible.

Comment

Would be sad.

But would be fun to watch, take a chair & a beer and looks at the players.
                ------

------"

Comment

Originally posted by Swiss Mercenary
                  Death!
                  "He said he didn't trust me, so I killed him."--Hidden_Wolfe

Comment

Sometimes browsing this forum makes me feel positively cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Hidden_Wolfe
                      Death!
                      Sleep! Sleep!

Comment

Thanks again Brody when I read the words Thievery, guild, ancient and “yeah in real life” I just had to know more, thanks for posting most appreciated it explains things easier now.

Industrialism

Comment

Originally posted by Salsa
                          Originally posted by Hidden_Wolfe
                          Death!
                          Sleep! Sleep!
                          MACE!!
                          "He said he didn't trust me, so I killed him."--Hidden_Wolfe

Comment

+1 Protection vs. Bludgeoing!

ops:

My leet Thievery Map
                            My leet UT3 Map
                            My leet AS Map

Comment

Shadow-LARP

Yeah.
                              I know that this one is really old but I finally found it
                              We, <Via Nox>, are just some friends who go out at night to visit some castle ruins like this one. That is our "map". (Today we will visit this castle to look if it is a cool map. But it looks to me like a damn good map, right?)
                              We place loot like this in little chests in the map. We have about 10 objects that can be looted. They have different values. (The loot in the thief spawn area has a small value compared to the one in the guard headquarter for example). There are 1 or 2 special loots. This can be be a plastic jewel in a fancy chest or a medal of a track-and-field championship. (I've got tons of this).
                              Usally we play 2Guards/1Thief. So there are twice as much guards than thieves. But this can vary from map to map.
                              The thieves haven't got a time limit because it's hard enough for them.
                              The teams have different items.

The Guards have weapons (surprise).
                              This can be a melee weapon like this one (These are all special LARP-weapons which aren't dangerous).
                              One Guard should have a bow or a crossbow with LARP-bolts/arrows.
                              Every guard has his route to walk. When they get tired of this they can go to the headquarter to get some tea and cookies.
                              Like in Thievery they have flares. These are sparkles (right word??). They light the dark corners more than you imagine if you haven't tried iit.
                              Additionally they have a whistler. This is a photo-electric guard with batteries. If a thief crosses the light-barrier the light goes on and the taffer has to run

Now the thief's items:
                              Flashbomb: This is a flash which is dismantled of a photo camera. This thing burns your eyes at night
                              Blackjack: A thing like this
                              You can only knock a guard from behind. A knocked out guard has to lie where he was KO'd for about 3-4 minutes or until he is awaked by another guard. A KO isn't usual because ghosting is safer than DMing around.
                              Decoy: This is not like in thievery. It's an egg-timer. If it is placed by a thief and the noise starts the guards have to find it and switch it off. Otherwise they can't hear the thieves sneaking around
                              Lockpicks: Some of the chests have locks on them. Cheap locks from saving boxes. You can lockpick them with a paperclip. This adds a lot of atmosphere to the game. (Imagine you try to have enough dexterity to pick the lock while guards are around... )

The players should have medievil costumes. (It's not a must). I've got a chainmail and stuff and a big axe.
                              It's more important that the guards look realistic because of the atmosphere. It's alot of fun if you sit in a dark corner and you see those medievil-looking guards running around and speaking a medievil language.
                              As thief I've got a nice leather garment and a cloak.

So this is it. It's really cool. The way we play it is more like a seek and hide at night in a castle.

We don't play after rules like D&D or something like this. Magic doens't exist the way it exists in Fantasyworlds. We have whistlers and flashbombs but there aren't any wizzards throwing fire balls etc...
                              It's more medievil than fantasy.
                              Last edited by Rّé; 20 Dec 2004, 03:28 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X