Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Turfwars Idea. For those involved, please look.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turfwars Idea. For those involved, please look.

As a result of my time zone, and when I get to play, I’ve not been able to enter Turfwars for my guild (the Mockers.) This is quiet upsetting for me, because I feel I am missing out on a major part of our community’s activities. The aussies are always getting up earlier to suit the other guilds, but the other guilds haven’t been able to pull together a full team of players for my time zone. So, I suggest this fix. I think you’ll find it interesting, and hopefully it will fit.

In Ye Olde Days, a king may have had what is known as his Champion. A right hand man, who would settle duels with another’s Champion. So, I’m suggesting 1v1 Champion Duel. This would make it a lot easier for me to get into the action, because surely at least ONE person from a guild could meet me sometime for a match, even if the rest of the guild can’t. (I’m saying “me” on the assumption the Mockers would let me be a Champion, but I’d like to work on this idea awhile anyway, to see if its plausible).

So, here are the basics.

The rules will mostly be standard. (I’ve got to say I haven’t read totally into all the rules, so, let me know if you see conflicts here and help me flesh this out. I’d really like to see something come of this.)
    The map will be played NOT be Thieves VS Guards, but a Thiefmatch. Yes, I know this means you have to have a Dmer in your guild, but your Champion should be the most skilled Dmer of your guild. The match will be either best of 3 or 5 (not kills, but wins).

Guilds can have 2 Champions, a Primary and Secondary. This is to make it easier to set meet times (that’s what this is all about), but if a guild does not want to send their Secondary in against someone’s Primary, they do not have to.

Again, on the matter of certain guilds not being into Dming, don’t have a Champion. I.E. If TSG doesn’t want to do this, just don’t have a Champion and you can’t be challenged with a Champion. If you do have a Champion, the same Challenging rules would apply as a normal Turfwars.

I’d really appreciate something like this coming about so I could get into the action!
    Garlisk's Fantasy Art Gallery
    www.usyetzer.com

This sounds like a good idea, Garlisk...but it doesn't really seem Turf Wars related. I see where you're coming from, about not being able to play with your guild in Turf Wars (Although I seriously doubt that will last forever, as you live in the US with plenty of other players), but I think this is something of its own...call it Duels, or something! Cause that's really what it is.

Nice idea though, about thiefmatch. Cause a 1v1 on Thieves vs. Guards wouldn't work very well...if both players were very good. Cause one good thief can pretty much always beat a single guard.

Comment

Might work well as a ladder. Would be nice to play thiefmatch some, though.
      Nearly all men can stand adversity -- if you want to test a man’s character, give him power.

Comment

Well, maybe seperate it from Turfwars, but I'd still like to have it somehow connected to the guilds...

I guess what I'm saying is that when i'm in there, I'd like to be fighting FOR my guild, not myself.
        www.usyetzer.com

Comment

Right, it would be a guild thing. I get that...and I also think that makes it interesting. Very death-markish, as well.

Comment

Not a bad idea. It should be separate from turf wars because it would send the whole teamwork aspect out the window. Explosive arrows should be limited too. Or by 'duel' you mean just swords?
            Still -)(The Chosen One)(-

Comment

I was thinking more along the lines of no-holds barred, but I suppose the 2 parties could agree on certain things like limiting fire arrows ahead of time.

(No, I wasn't thinking swords only...there is actually quite a bit of strategy to TM, and swords only kind of limits that.)
              www.usyetzer.com

Comment

Originally posted by Chalrif
                Not a bad idea. It should be separate from turf wars because it would send the whole teamwork aspect out the window. Explosive arrows should be limited too. Or by 'duel' you mean just swords?
                This sounds like fun, but i'd need to see a real "tournament" set up, before I can form an opinion. The idea sounds fun though. Will KO's count as a kill in the rules?
                On demand this signature has been changed. I hope nobody was insulted or got harmed due to my signature. If this is the case, I'm fully responsible for the harm that was done. Do you feel harmed or you simply want a listening ear?

Call 0900-PHAE

Comment

Well, seeing as how they count as a death in TM, I'd say yes, they do count as a kill.

The duels will be based on WINS of the thiefmatch, however you want to do that. (Unless there are pre-agreed upon rules.)

This sounds like fun, but i'd need to see a real "tournament" set up, before I can form an opinion.
                  Well, thats why this thread is here. To help me set it up and organize it.
                  So far the response is better than I expected, so lets keep the ideas coming and if anyone would like to step forward and help organize, that'd be great.
                  www.usyetzer.com

Comment

I think the guild could have as many champions as they want. If it's a best out of 3 for example the first player could play the first match, the other players plays the second match and so on. However having one champion will be fine too. More champions doesn't mean a match should be cancelled if one of them can't make it. In that case only one champion will fight for their guild. If however the second or maybe even the third champion can make it in the match, he or she can fight too. ( It stays 1 vs 1 btw )

BTW, I'm sorry I can't help you organise this. I'm not the best person to do so
                    On demand this signature has been changed. I hope nobody was insulted or got harmed due to my signature. If this is the case, I'm fully responsible for the harm that was done. Do you feel harmed or you simply want a listening ear?

Call 0900-PHAE

Comment

The rules so far:

The Champion Duel is a 1v1 fight between two different Guilds in a Thiefmatch. It is a no holds barred match, unless certain rules are agreed upon before the match.

When a challenge for a Champion Duel is made, the guild can send as many people as it likes to the fight. The fights will continue on a 1v1 basis until one guild wins the majority of the preset number of matches (i.e. Best of 3, Best of 5, etc…) The guild members rotate as the guild decides. If the guild would like to keep a player in the duel they can. If there is only one guild member from a certain guild present, he must fight the whole Duel.

There should be a couple spectators to keep an eye on the action, make sure things are on the up-and-up, and help make the write-ups afterward.

Bug-using and cheating, are, of course, off limits. Mainly, I’d like to make sure the “Loadout Bug” isn’t used. When a thiefmatch starts, you are sometimes given extra items. (I’ve had it where I started with 20 extra arrows). Not only does this make it hard to keep your loadouts correct, but it give you an unfair advantage on your first life. To avoid this bug, always click “Empty Handed” before buying your loadout.

Server settings can be agreed upon before the match.

Any suggestions for who should run the servers?
                      www.usyetzer.com

Comment

We can host.
                        ~TuF~

Comment

A slightly different idea here:

The duel is worth, say, 500 gold in turfwars holdings. Other guild must challenge the title holder in order to win this gold for themselves. A "King of the Hill" duel, of sorts. This shouldn't affect regular Turfwars, but guilds should still want to aquire the duel title for the boost in gold.
                          www.usyetzer.com

Comment

Originally posted by Garlisk
                            A slightly different idea here:

The duel is worth, say, 500 gold in turfwars holdings. Other guild must challenge the title holder in order to win this gold for themselves. A "King of the Hill" duel, of sorts. This shouldn't affect regular Turfwars, but guilds should still want to aquire the duel title for the boost in gold.
                            That loot would have to come from somewhere, part of the struggle and difficultly of Turdwars is that there is only so much to go round.
                            ~TuF~

Comment

Well, could we make a certain map the Duel Map? Like, Bourg?
                              www.usyetzer.com

Comment

Working...
                              X