Thief 3, May 3?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thief 3, May 3?

According to Gamestop, anyway. Anyone else heard any differently on a release date?

nope sorry...
    "Blockheads never learn, Clever learn by his own mistakes, Intelligents learn by mistakes of others."

Comment

I doubt that, and it did say *estimated time* I have heard May 15th, shipping date. We'll see.

Comment

Last I heard was June...

EDIT >> From a review of the latest and greatest Nvidia graphics card at Gamespy, posted today:

Thief: Deadly Shadows

First up was Ion Storm, showing off the third game in the revered Thief series, Deadly Shadows. Of course, we were seeing the PC version running on the new NV40 tech, not the Xbox version, and I'll admit I didn't realize how close the game was to completion -- according to Ion, the game is entering its final phases and the team is hoping it will be in stores this June.
        No Linux, No Choice.
        Know Linux, Know Choice.

Comment

That would be too good to be true.
          JM

Comment

Well, it definitely is in the final stages, and being beta tested, Sledge confirmed that.

Comment

EB games says June 1st.

Comment

It doesn't matter... It should be out soon enough that I can buy it the next time I'm at the mall :lol:

Really, waiting for games like this is such a waste of time. Much like, now that I think of it, playing games in general. Whoa, thats enough thinking for one night.
                It's not my fault everything you like is terrible.

Comment

Originally posted by LeatherMan
                  Last I heard was June...

EDIT >> From a review of the latest and greatest Nvidia graphics card at Gamespy, posted today:

Thief: Deadly Shadows

First up was Ion Storm, showing off the third game in the revered Thief series, Deadly Shadows. Of course, we were seeing the PC version running on the new NV40 tech, not the Xbox version, and I'll admit I didn't realize how close the game was to completion -- according to Ion, the game is entering its final phases and the team is hoping it will be in stores this June.
                  :x :? makes me furious. THEY SAID SPRING 04! SO IT BETTER DAMN WELL COME OUT BEFORE MAY 28TH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                  "It is truly a shame that the guards must be kept from the very tools of thier proffesion, but such blatant misuse of gas arrows cannot be tolerated. Alas, that poor burrick..."

Comment

I'd prefer them to release it next year (to make sure quality is good) or never release it at all (if it's bad) rather than get another pos like Deus Ex 2...
                    The optimist proclaims that we live in the best of all possible worlds, and the pessimist fears this is true.

Comment

Originally posted by Thief13x
                      :x :? makes me furious. THEY SAID SPRING 04! SO IT BETTER DAMN WELL COME OUT BEFORE MAY 28TH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                      Spring ends in June....

Comment

Originally posted by Al3xand3r
                        I'd prefer them to release it next year (to make sure quality is good) or never release it at all (if it's bad) rather than get another pos like Deus Ex 2...
                        I have to agree, let them take as much time as they want. It's better than to have them release a buggy, unfinished thief 3.
                        <-- Resident Nightblade suggestion attorney...

Comment

Ok... so... more importantly... when and where can I download it!

HERESY!
                          ~TuF~

Comment

IGN had an hands on review (http://pc.ign.com/articles/503/503328p1.html) so I guess the game is a very late beta stage. Of course we all want the game to be as much bug free as possible :grin:
                            Anyway that kind of "Spring" release date is always dubious IMO.. Isnt it like almost winter in the south hemisphere now?
                            Feel the power of the

Comment

Originally posted by TheMachine
                              Ok... so... more importantly... when and where can I download it!
                              I guess you'd rather PAY for it to SUPPORT IonStorm, right? - I will, for sure. I already have the two other Thief games, complete with original cover, cd and instructions books.

Ah, looking forward to the release. I just hope they've fixed the framerate problems they had in Deus Ex. It runs like crap on my P4 2.4 GHz 512 MB DDR - 128 MB NVidia pc.

Comment

Working...
                              X