New Tournament Type: Champion Duels!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Tournament Type: Champion Duels!

These rules are not done yet, I'm sure...but I figured everyone could get a chance to read a more detailed version of my idea, as it begins to take shape. Also, if you'd like to get into it, you can send me the email awhile.

Hear Ye, Hear Ye!! A new tournament has arisen in the lands of TUT! The Champion Duels! Win the title of Champion for you and your guild!

What are the Champion Duels

They are 1 vs 1 fights in a Thiefmatch setting.

Who can participate

Anybody, after the first champion is picked. The First Champion must be a member of a guild.

How it begins

In order to decide who first gets the title of Champion, we will have a series of battles between participating guilds. In order to partake in this, you must send me an email ([email protected]) saying so. I will then organize the battles.
    The first battle will be a single Thiefmatch game between one of your guild members, and another guild’s members. The winner moves on, until there is 1 guild left, taking the title. Make sure to pick the person in your guild you think can do best in the thiefmatch! You only get one shot at this part! The First Champion gets a part of Champion Duel History!

After the First Champion

After the First Champion is picked, it’ll be a LOT easier to keep track of who the Champion is, so ANYONE can participate! The only way to win the title of Champion is to challenge the Champion. If you want to challenge the Champion, you must contact them and set up a time. In order to make sure things are on the up-and-up, there should be at least 2 spectators. We’re mostly an honest bunch here though, so I don't expect much trouble.

Setting up the Match

The Champion gets to decide the map that is played. Any special rules must be agreed upon before the match, otherwise it is a no-holds-barred 1v1 fight.

Starting Gold should be 800, with Clever AI, and No extra speeds or shock rifles. 20 Minute Time limit.

The whole match will be best of 5 games, or a number of games agreed upon pre-match.

Rules

Most rules can be set pre-match, but here are the non-changing rules:

No bug exploits or cheating.
    At the start of each game, click “Empty Handed” in loadouts to avoid the loadout bug, which gives an excess of equipment.
    If you agree to go on with the fight after a server is chosen, there will be no talk at all of ping…win or lose.
    Garlisk's Fantasy Art Gallery
    www.usyetzer.com

Originally posted by Garlisk
    In order to make sure things are on the up-and-up, there should be at least 2 spectators. We?re mostly an honest bunch here though, so I don't expect much trouble.
    I don't think there are spectators in ThiefMatch. Could be wrong, though, can anyone else verify?

No bug exploits or cheating.
    In order to avoid trouble down the line, you'd best define "bug exploit". You can make a list, but if someone knows an exploit not on your list and uses it, there will be claims that it was "legal", since it wasn't on the list.

Comment

Anybody, after the first champion is picked. The First Champion must be a member of a guild.
      Hey, wait a minute, what if you're not a member of a guild, yet!? :cry:
      "He said he didn't trust me, so I killed him."--Hidden_Wolfe

Comment

Sounds nice.. just wanna add 2 things I think you should change...
        instead of best of 5, maybe best of 3 instead..?

AND the most important, this is a 1v1 competition, dont think guilds should have anything with this to do... I just think anyone (guild member or none guild member) should be able to participate.. so several ppl from one and same guild can participate and even get to meet eachother for a 1v1 battle.. just think guilds shouldnt be involved, just the ppl that are gonna participate..*out*
        .: Infiltrator - Mockers Thievery Guild :.

www.youtube.com/user/Richard413

Comment

LR: The spectators will have to suicide their lives out.

I alread mentioned the loadout bug, which is the main thing in TM...

If others crop up during the play, we can work it out.

Hidden Wolfe; You'll just have to wait...unless... (see Louie's answer)

Louie: Well, ok...but then the idea of the First Champion goes out the window because it will be too much to organize all the single people.

If you guys want it all single players, we can start off that way, but you'll have to beat me. I'll take position of First Champion, as the creator of the tourney. It doesn't carry any actual weight though, until I win.

Let me know what you think of that.
          www.usyetzer.com

Comment

LR: The spectators will have to suicide their lives out.
            Ah, there's a workaround. Good.

You might want to try running this as a sign-up tournament, similar to Bio's Tournament of Darkness, only single-player instead of teams. You could run a single elimination tree (easy to run, won't take as long, players only get one chance), or double elimination (harder to run, but lasts longer, and players get a second chance after losing a round).

Comment

Well, its starting to look like I won't be able to do this without spending way more time on it than I can afford to spend.

I think I'll just do what I was going to do originally...put a personal challenge out to the Thievery community in general.

Maybe a loose tournament can work itself around that, then.
              www.usyetzer.com

Comment

that sounds good garslisk.. cause think if maybe 2 or more from the same guild wanna participate... and if so, guilds wont be involved, so if me and gladius participate for example, we can still meet and battle eachother, even though me and gladius is from the same guild.. thats just my idea ..
                .: Infiltrator - Mockers Thievery Guild :.

www.youtube.com/user/Richard413

Comment

I just have one question: What is counted in the case of time running out\guard win? Do we count thief kills or points, or what? (I personally think points in the situation would be best)

Comment

Originally posted by Salsa
                    I just have one question: What is counted in the case of time running out\guard win? Do we count thief kills or points, or what? (I personally think points in the situation would be best)
                    Possibly flawed because someone could get over half the points for a level and then just sit in some silly dark spot on the map until the time ran out, but I see no better alternative other than calling the match a tie :-/
                    ~TuF~

Comment

Originally posted by TheMachine
                      Originally posted by Salsa
                      Possibly flawed because someone could get over half the points for a level and then just sit in some silly dark spot on the map until the time ran out, but I see no better alternative other than calling the match a tie :-/
                      You never played TM or what? The thing at the top of the screen is the radar, he is your friend! :wink:
                      AlienMode ThieveryUT adaption
                      Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.
                      Life is a bitch, then you get cancer. One story is good till another is told.

Comment

sounds cool!

I want to sign up, but i don't know when this'll happen.
                        "Just off the border of your waking mind there lies another time, where darkness and light are one. As you tread the halls of sanity, you feel so glad to be unable to go beyond. I have a message from another time."

Comment

Working...
                        X