X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Garlisk
    • Jan 2003

'Nother 1.5 "whats coming" thread.

Just curious as to what we can expect in 1.5. Been a while since we had one of these threads, so maybe some things are more cement now?

I know we're getting a couple maps, which is great, because...well, we sure could use em.

Also, I was curious if they were going to add some of the great "Fan" maps as official maps, such as Soulsharbor? Would be very nice.
    Garlisk's Fantasy Art Gallery
    www.usyetzer.com
  • DarkProject
    • Jan 2003

i was thinking that adding some good maps like soulsharbor, city museum, breandor would be nice and dalai seemed not to have anything against that. Phae the only prob is we'd have people bitchin' about why their map didn't get in and this and that which i don't think would happen but you never know.
    for sure there is new version of gerome, th-mensch and there was gonna be a training tutorial level but that doesn't look like it's gonna get done.
    http://profiles.myspace.com/users/7360475
    -=:ToB:=- / :]eDe[: Site: www.endarkend.net
    -=:ToB:=-Forums: www.endarkend.net/phpbb/
    -=:ToB:=-PayingSins (TUT MAP)- http://www.endarkend.net/downloads/m...oB_Payback.zip

Comment

• Thief13x
      • Jan 2003

umm, not that any of this much affects me

but

from what i understand there is not going to be a 1.5, 1.4 was the last because they were making nightblade, right?
      "It is truly a shame that the guards must be kept from the very tools of thier proffesion, but such blatant misuse of gas arrows cannot be tolerated. Alas, that poor burrick..."

Comment

• Master-Builder
        • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Thief13x
        from what i understand there is not going to be a 1.5, 1.4 was the last because they were making nightblade, right?
        Nay, it's a long time ago that they stated one last patch would be released for Thievery... At some point...

Gerome and Korman have been updated, but there are at least 2 other maps that have recieved an update... Altough i won't say if we'll see them in the patch.
        If all goes well, we might also see 1 or 2 completly new maps...

But the main focus of the patch is still on fixing some of the more nasty bugs.

Comment

• Garlisk
          • Jan 2003

The more nasty bugs, like...?
          Garlisk's Fantasy Art Gallery
          www.usyetzer.com

Comment

• Radamanthus
            • Jan 2003

crouch underwater bug and the like.
            "Just off the border of your waking mind there lies another time, where darkness and light are one. As you tread the halls of sanity, you feel so glad to be unable to go beyond. I have a message from another time."

Comment

• ZTx3
              • Jan 2003

Chal a little while ago spot a server that was pass locked with a map that's name suggested a new version of TH-Theater

Personally I can't wait for a new ThieverUT patch. It has been quite awhile since the last update
              ZT

Comment

• Sandman
                • Aug 2003

Maybe some new weapons? Would be cool!
                "Blockheads never learn, Clever learn by his own mistakes, Intelligents learn by mistakes of others."

Comment

• BrokenArts
                  Former Forum Staff
                  • Jan 2003

Ohh there is definitely some *other* maps that are being reworked, tweaked, and of course, I can't say. :wink: I do hope they make it in the release.

Comment

• Sandman
                    • Aug 2003

like a new Assylum map!? :grin:
                    "Blockheads never learn, Clever learn by his own mistakes, Intelligents learn by mistakes of others."

Comment

• DarkProject
                      • Jan 2003

the new asylum has some cool effects in it
                      http://profiles.myspace.com/users/7360475
                      -=:ToB:=- / :]eDe[: Site: www.endarkend.net
                      -=:ToB:=-Forums: www.endarkend.net/phpbb/
                      -=:ToB:=-PayingSins (TUT MAP)- http://www.endarkend.net/downloads/m...oB_Payback.zip

Comment

• Freaky Alien
                        • Apr 2003

I also hope they will fix the problem which came along with version 1.3 and which makes it impossible to send the AI to different patrol routes.

Originally posted by Sandman
                        Maybe some new weapons? Would be cool!
                        Well, it would be nice but it also may disturb the balance of the game. A new weapon for the guards may give the thieves a disadvantage and it´s the same the other way around.

Comment

• [E.D.G]Chief
                          • Jan 2003

new weapons: thats what a certain weapons mutator V2. is for (you dont have to play with the titan bombs) :grin: pity i never got much feedback on V.2 -maybe it was bug free :grin:

I remember when everyone was on a public server (forget which) and they were able to use the map list command to find out some of the maps the dev team are working on.
                          Th-Nostalgia was one, and as mentioned in previous threads, Asylum,Korman,Theatre(with zombies) ,the new thwark map (unless it was stopped-but i doubt it), the new oRGy map (the one that's taking forever to finish and is or was holding up progress i believe),Gerome (you'll like it I can promise that-and if you dont blame the mapper like I will :twisted: ) and now according to DP's post a new Asylum (probably with more sick inducing blood and gore )

As to custom maps what about Th-2o? :lol: DP is mad at me for not finishing off Th-Charnsley

btw slightly OT but someone mentioned someone has started work on thievery2k3 (not on april the first i might add ) and I can't find out who-any ideas
                          [E.D.G] "Eaves Droppers Guild - we're on the edge."

All New Thievery-O's!

Comment

• -=V12US=-
                            • Jan 2003

I'd really like to see added potions or new bolts/arrows.

Comment

• Sandman
                              • Aug 2003

Originally posted by [E.D.G
                              Chief]As to custom maps what about Th-2o? :lol: DP is mad at me for not finishing off Th-Charnsley
                              Why dont you finish it? The map is cool... and look that the thieves dont need too long for looting... like in Breandor or Cult!

Comment

Working...
                              X