This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Banning of CluelessNewbie

Just a couple minutes ago (14:15 EST) CluelessNewbie was kickbanned by the players from Max Steele's server, I believe it was. The map was Spider. As a guard, he actively worked to destroy the guard team by:
    -Tossing whistlers into the water
    -Leading AI away from where the objective was
    -Destroying the chest and dropping the repair tool in the water
    -Firebolting guards
    -Suiciding
    -Killing friendly spiders

Kore and the other present will attest to this, and I'd appreciate if they did here. I felt that there should be some explanation for this, and let the server admins know so that they could ban him from their servers if they believe this behavior is unnaceptable.
    Nearly all men can stand adversity -- if you want to test a man’s character, give him power.

hmm.. ive never had a problem with him.. I think he does pretty good sometimes.. but some of the accusations are no less wasteful than some thieves jumping off the roof, dying and wasting more lives because they think it's funny. Let see what he has to say about all this.

Comment

When I came into the game I think he was on the Thief them. He died and left the server. He then came back and joined the guards. Once he was a guard he removed all the bodies that were put on the grail. Not a big deal since not everyone agrees about putting things that can be moved on objectives. However he continued by destroying all the mines, whistlers, and the supply box before he killed him self. DB called a kickban and he left the server.

That is as how I recall the game, and I feel these things are bannable. Have a nice day soloing.

Comment

Most definitely those things are bannable. This was not someone who was interested in actually playing the game.

Did the kickban pass? Or did he just leave?

Comment

Stacking has to be the crappiest resort of unstylish guards. It outrages me as much as a guard as it does as a thief. So if i start throwing things away and breaking crates down that were stacked, don't complain. Your tactics are sucky and unenjoyable. I don't think that winning at any cost is all that matters.

Comment

Either he/she was having a really bad day, or we're having visitors from our old "friends".

I better check with Max for the IP.

Comment

The kickban passed, but I think he was gone when it did. Everyone on the server voted yes save for him.

I had no problem with him moving the bodies. It's destroying everything else, killing our team mates, destroying the chest and the way to repair it, and the SUICIDING. I'd like to see him banned from every server there is; there is no excuse for that.
              Nearly all men can stand adversity -- if you want to test a man’s character, give him power.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.K.
                Stacking has to be the crappiest resort of unstylish guards. It outrages me as much as a guard as it does as a thief. So if i start throwing things away and breaking crates down that were stacked, don't complain. Your tactics are sucky and unenjoyable. I don't think that winning at any cost is all that matters.
                I don't see why you're angry with this. Stacked crates are very easily destroyed, and your crosschair lights up red when pointing at the objective. The dev's put in these kind of things for a reason.

Comment

Originally posted by mOdEtWo
                  I don't see why you're angry with this. Stacked crates are very easily destroyed, and your crosschair lights up red when pointing at the objective. The dev's put in these kind of things for a reason.
                  Very true.. no matter whats directly on top.. the crosshairs will light up red to give the objective priority.. so a thief can literally pull the objective thru the boxes and bodies. Its still kind of shady.. like sword thieving, and vent guards... but it is still a part of the game. People don't understand that vent guarding is totally one way because BJ's dont work in vents if you're both kneeling down... but swords and maces do. So we have no chance against a vent guard, so u wonder why we complain.

Comment

Originally posted by DarkBill
                    I had no problem with him moving the bodies. It's destroying everything else, killing our team mates, destroying the chest and the way to repair it, and the SUICIDING. I'd like to see him banned from every server there is; there is no excuse for that.
                    You're right. Every last bit of that is completely lame and worthy of a ban.

Originally posted by mOdEtWo
                    I have no problem with crate stacking or putting things on objectives. After all, it seems to be popular sentiment that things are far too easy for thieves as it is. And apparently, Dalai himself is a "lame cratestacker".

Comment

I've been counting since a week ago and guards win a little more often that thieves. Of course it depends a LOT on the map (it's rare the case when guards win in Nostalgia, for example) and some on the team too. I don't know, maybe it's Mog's server at the times i play, but definitively guards are more than capable of holding on their own without using any "shady" tactics.

Comment

Originally posted by KewlAzMe
                        So we have no chance against a vent guard, so u wonder why we complain.
                        Some skilled thieves like ShadowRodent and CrouchingDork seem to have absolutely no problem handling vent guards rather quickly and easily. The only reason you are complaining is because it puts you in a situation where your BJ whoredom does you no good.

When you put that thing away you might learn other tactics, barring that, ask ShadowRodent or CrouchingDork how to take care of a vent guard.
                        "A gerbil is a rodent, wretched creature and quite possibly represents yourself there unclean vile obsolete weak and live happily in there and others filth, they have caused plague and death to humans and nearly wiped us out" - industrialism

Comment

Has Max banned IPs of known ragers? He was pretty slow about banning TechnoWarrior back in the day. :?

Comment

Originally posted by Mad_Gerbil
                            Originally posted by KewlAzMe
                            So we have no chance against a vent guard, so u wonder why we complain.
                            Some skilled thieves like ShadowRodent and CrouchingDork seem to have absolutely no problem handling vent guards rather quickly and easily. The only reason you are complaining is because it puts you in a situation where your BJ whoredom does you no good.

When you put that thing away you might learn other tactics, barring that, ask ShadowRodent or CrouchingDork how to take care of a vent guard.
                            Thanks Gerb
                            The only constant is change.
                            (And I wouldn't have it any other way.)

Comment

Originally posted by MrEricSir
                              Has Max banned IPs of known ragers? He was pretty slow about banning TechnoWarrior back in the day. :?
                              He has in the past, yes.

Comment

Working...
                              X