Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official Standard Champion Duel Rules

Current Champion: Darkbill

Ok, here they are, alll in one spot. The official...

Standard Champion Duel rules.

Server settings:
    800 Gold
    Clever AI (type “killall tbot” in console to kill bots if that is agreed upon ahead of time)
    AI do NOT stand still when flashed
    50% loot drop
    No Frills (Shock rifles or Extra Speed)
    30 Minute Games

The Match
    The whole match will be 4 games. 2 Will be played on the Champion’s personal server, and 2 will be on the Challenger’s server.
    The 5th tie breaker game will be on the Challenger’s server.

2 Maps will be picked. Each person’s server will play one of each map. The Champion picks one map, and the Challenger picks the second.
    The 5th tie breaker is played on the Champion’s map.

Rules:
    Most user imposed rules are agreed upon prematch, such as limiting certain items.
    YOU MUST CLICK “EMPTY HANDED” AT THE START OF EACH GAME. This is to avoid the “Loadout bug” which can either mess up your loadouts, or give you extra items.

Spectators:
    Because you can’t choose to spectate pre-game, spectators must suicide out at the start of the match.
    The duelers must WAIT until all specators are suicided out and say “GO.” Then they can begin playing.
    Spectators must be sure not to drop items when suiciding!

Games ending by time limit:
    In a game where neither thief's lives run out, the thief with the most lives left wins, or if lives are tied, the most score.
    Its the job of Spectators to make sure a thief doesn't make a kill, and avoid fighting the rest of the time. (Although because of the radar, and the idea being to see who the best TM fighter is, I don't see this happening much...)

Champions and Challengers Definitions:

There are two types of TM duels. The Grudgematch, and the Champion Match.

In the grudgematch, the current Champion is not involved. The person who makes the challenge takes the position of "Challenger" and the "champion" is whoever was challenged, even though he isn't the Champion. (I.E. Bio vs Grank)

In the Champion Match, the "Champion" is always the current Champion, even if the Champion himself made the challenge. If the Champion is involved in a match in ANY way, it is a Champion Match. (I.E. Dalai vs Darkbill)
    Garlisk's Fantasy Art Gallery
    www.usyetzer.com

dude im confuuuuuuuuuuused. could you clarify this more? like what is this? custom maps? each only get 1 life? dual to the death? this is TM? errrrr confused.

Comment

It's a Thiefmatch "king of the hill" type tournament.
      Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia, n. See also Irony.

Comment

Originally posted by Garlisk
        And, if Darkbill were to challenge Dalai, DB would still be the "Challenger" even though he won his last match.
        Dalai challenged the winner of our match. Doesn't that make him the challenger?
        Nearly all men can stand adversity -- if you want to test a man’s character, give him power.

Comment

In that case, yes, DB. It WAS just an example.
          www.usyetzer.com

Comment

I asked it before, and maybe you answered but I missed it, but what if time runs out? Who wins then? Is the round replayed or count as a sort of "both people win?"

Comment

Can a mod please sticky this?

Comment

Originally posted by Grank
                Can a mod please sticky this?
                Done.

Comment

Originally posted by Salsa
                  I asked it before, and maybe you answered but I missed it, but what if time runs out? Who wins then? Is the round replayed or count as a sort of "both people win?"
                  I'd humbly suggest that if time runs out, the Champion wins.

Or perhaps it should be a draw if that rule would lead to excessive cowardice...
                  Nightmaster,
                  .:Mockers Thievery Guild:.
                  - "until the cat is skinned"

Comment

1) The taffer with more lives left wins
                    2) If lives are tied, the taffer with more score on endgame screen wins
                    Ah, to be a hero. Keeping such company...

Comment

I added the Time Limit stuff to the rules.

PLEASE REREAD THE CHAMPION AND CHALLENGER DEFINITIONS!!!

I made some changes to how things work!

Any games currently in progress you don't have to change, but for the future, I think this makes more sense.

I'm working a "Grudgematch" Trophy now. This trophy won't get passed back and forth as the Champion trophy will, but will just be won, and kept.
                      www.usyetzer.com

Comment

Originally posted by Garlisk
                        Its the job of Spectators to make sure a thief doesn't make a kill, and avoid fighting the rest of the time.
                        :| Meh not likey!
                        (Otherwise good call on selling TM to the masses with this nice workaround for the notorious reconnect bs!)
                        AlienMode ThieveryUT adaption
                        Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.
                        Life is a bitch, then you get cancer. One story is good till another is told.

Comment

This just in, Taffette scored a cowardly Chamption Duel win against Taffer by fire-arrowing him to death once, and then playing the "run away game" for 30 minutes.

Salsa: Well hey, whatever puts the lotion on it's skin. GJ Taffette.
                          Creator: ~It puts the lotion on my skin.~
                          Garlisk: Why didn't I anticipate this?
                          Beowulf: I told you so!
                          Rex Chance: No one likes an I-Told-You-So, Lucy

*Pause*

Everyone: O_o

Rex Chance: What?

Comment

Umm, yeees, Salsa.

Anybody up for ThiefMatch commando pairs? 2 v 2 team ThiefMatch (yes, I'm aware you can't 'select' teams as such). It'd be half the fun/skill making sure you don't directly attack your own teammate, and it'd eliminate the firespam 'problem' to some degree - seeing as using them would probably injure your own team as well as the opposition. It'd be INTENSE.
                            Nightmaster,
                            .:Mockers Thievery Guild:.
                            - "until the cat is skinned"

Comment

sounds good....

a little, TOO good if you ask me.... -looks down at stain in pants-

errrr....

Do you think voice comms would be good in this mode? I think it could be quite good fun. Nice idea shuggy, you know how to make me...
                              ~TuF~

Comment

Working...
                              X