X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Thief 3 Video

Saw this on TTLG, might interest you :

http://www.bloodofthemartyr.com/movi..._07_qthigh.mov

Its an ingame video from the X-Box (or "Wix-Box" like i use to say, but thats probably un-understandable for any non-germans ^^). Gave me back some confidence that the game will be good, although the guy playing is the most n00bish, unskilled taffer one can think of. Mebbe they picked him out of the target audience :twisted:

Btw one can truly see the difficulty to aim right in the video. Reminds me of something i read on the Forums some time ago, including "clunky stupid controller" and "fat, fat hands" - muha. Yes im bitter and dammit im enjoying it

EDIT : oh better right click and "save as". Those are 250 MB.
    My leet Thievery Map
    My leet UT3 Map
    My leet AS Map

This is a really cool video. I can't wait for the game now...

But the guy IS playing like a n00b. Hahah.
    JM

Comment

There are actually quite a few I haven't seen yet on the IGN page available for viewing pleasur:

http://media.xbox.ign.com/media/566/...html?fromint=1

(note there are 2 pages )

A bug I see is that a freshly flashed guard can all of a sudden see clearly when hit once, but an untouched guard can stay blind for a while. Perhaps done to avoid complete raping with only a handful of flashbombs.

Comment

The first video on IGN includes all the rest + some extra footage as far as I know.

And by the way, this is supposed to be an older build, debug cheats were on and the game was set in the easiest difficulty, or so a developer said in the Ion Storm forums.
        The loot messages are said to have been made "significantly smaller" as well and the AI pathfinding improved (path grids weren't final in all the places seen in the vid they said)

Now, if those things have been remedied, then the only thing I really don't like is the glowy "highlighting" of usable objects when Garret is close to them like doors, corpses, loot etc. I hope it will togglable on/off.
        And then more minor things like the gas cloud not looking real great, the arrow trails, the oil slip animation looking very comedy/cartoon like (the guy slides forward a little and then falls, I think they should just skip the sliding part and fall on the spot kind of as if they stepped on a banana or something) and other such small things.

Also, this isn't really a problem I have with the game since I will play it in first person view for sure only, but don't you guys think the third person camera kind of defeats it's purpose since it makes the game look less polished? I mean, it's so clear from watching the vid that it's meant to be played in first person... They don't even have animations for picking up loot or opening doors or the snuffing out of the candle etc...

Anyway, overall this video made me see the game does have the potential to be great but I'll wait for a demo/proper trailer with stealthy gameplay before buying it for sure. The thing I liked the most in the video is propably the first running around bits which show off the level as having the potential to be quite big. Deffinitelly bigger than the DX:IW levels for sure atleast.
        I do hope that, even tho some things I mentioned above are minor problems, they will be taken out or be togglable since they take from the immersion a little (or a lot in the case of the "highlighting"), but if the rest is as good as this video suggests then I'll buy it anyway. As long as it runs decently on my pc without turning shadows off, though I'm buying a next gen gfx card soon after they are released so it should be fine (the rest of my specs are good already). Just curious on how turning shadows off is going to work when they are so integral in the gameplay...
        The optimist proclaims that we live in the best of all possible worlds, and the pessimist fears this is true.

Comment

Originally posted by Hannu
          ...Perhaps done to avoid complete raping with only a handful of flashbombs.
          You know that no one would EVER do that!

And as for an actual comment. First person shooters (or sneakers, but you have a bow, ghoster or no) do NOT belong on consoles! Remember, this is the opinion of the century!

...And the guy playing was completely n00bish. But I don't blame him seeing how everything is impossible to control on the Xbox.

Comment

Originally posted by Salsa
            First person shooters (or sneakers, but you have a bow, ghoster or no) do NOT belong on consoles!
            That's the first time i've heard anyone else say that. I couldn't agree with you more. It's why console FPS always have auto-aim (so lame ).
            <-- Resident Nightblade suggestion attorney...

Comment

For some reason I can't watch it... :|
              "He said he didn't trust me, so I killed him."--Hidden_Wolfe

Comment

You either need quicktime or the quicktime alternative from http://www.k-litecodecpack.com
                Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia, n. See also Irony.

Comment

LOL! Benny's back!

The ambience! The ambience! It's like the original!

I have nothing more to say!
                  "Garlisk's got a lov-el-y bunch of coconuts."

Comment

The 47 meg vid, the main one people are talking about, that is only one guy playing it. I am not too worried about it, Null posted a response to that Vid. For one, it's a bit dated, they were testing the equipment, etc, etc, etc.

That is just one person playing a bit of the game. I am not going to judge everything I see and read, until *I* play it myself. Then I will bitch just like the rest of you, if it sucks, in the meantime, I think it looks awesome, I am so looking forward to playing this game.

Comment

I sure hope he's playing on easy difficulty.... (There are Easy, Normal, Hard and Master difficulties now... Possibly also custom settings)

Comment

In the previous Thief games, there was Normal, Hard, and Expert difficulties.

Comment

Zomg,DM THEEF!!!11Woot for Benny! lol at shooting a guard with moss arrows. :lol: Although in thief3 it appears to have a choking effect.

Comment

It made me so god damn mad when that so called idiot of a player killed *Benny*!
                            At the very end, right before Benny dies, you hear him say. "Why me" That made me sad!! :cry:

Comment

Originally posted by BrokenArts
                              It made me so god damn mad when that so called idiot of a player killed *Benny*!
                              At the very end, right before Benny dies, you hear him say. "Why me" That made me sad!! :cry:
                              There was at least 2 benny's in that map... But he stilled killed them all...

Comment

Working...
                              X