Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Timezones!

<rant>
    need to DIE! I propose that every country does away with timezones and we all just use GMT. Why do we all care if we're getting up @ 7 AM or whatever time you get up @? We should all just use a universal time. While were at it lets also get rid of Daylight Savings Time. What a stupid concept! Oh and lets also ditch AM and PM. Let's just use the 24 hour format. It makes so much more sense.

If it's 21:00 in Britian why in the hell does it need to be 17:00 on the east coast of the states?!? Stupid! Phae please do something about this!
    </rant>

Agreed, timezones suck. I don't care if the sun goes down at 1 in the afternoon or at the normal time. We'll get used to the new times and after that things will be easy.
    On demand this signature has been changed. I hope nobody was insulted or got harmed due to my signature. If this is the case, I'm fully responsible for the harm that was done. Do you feel harmed or you simply want a listening ear?

Call 0900-PHAE

Comment

Noooo! that means I'll have to get up one hour earlier. :x

Edit: It'll be weird for american people. 13:00 And it's pitch black outside.

Comment

Originally posted by -=V12US=-
        What is really that weird about that?!? It doesn't matter. People usually get up with the sun and go to be when it goes down. It would take some adjustment and people would eventually stop associating 7:00 with when the sun comes up.

Comment

Time is irrelavent, ohhh, wait, It's nice to dream about anyway. BA has a dream sequence playing

Comment

Originally posted by -=V12US=-
            Noooo! that means I'll have to get up one hour earlier. :x

More like that's about when the sun would be coming up, and we'd be getting up. So the workday in the midwest might be 13:00-21:30 (with a half hour for lunch). It would be the same time of DAY you get up, just a different hour on the clock.

Comment

But I forsee a problem, you're playing teh Thievery with your pals across the world and you're like, what time is it over there?

Currently, they say "It's noon." and you're like "That's a common time to be awake."
              Or maybe "It's 3am." and you're all like "That's late\early, what are you doing up?"

If this change were to be enacted, then you're playing teh Thievery with your pals across the globe and you're like, what time is it over there?

And they say in a very condescending tone, "Same time it is over there, st00pid"
              Or possibly, "1200 hours my good man." and then you're all like "What time of day is that?" and they're like "Why didn't you just ask that in the first place?

So you see.....That thing I said.

Comment

Since im on GMT such drastic issue would have a minimal impact on my life.
                There are countries in the world (like Finland) that have long periods of endless day and night.
                IMO this idea would only benefict those frantic stock market workers.
                Feel the power of the

Comment

Mmmm, sitting around for dinner when its pitch black? Sounds a bit depressing but hey... I'm in GMT so what do I care :grin:
                  -TuF- Emptying clan servers of their own clan members since 2010
                  - Agg moderator campaign supporter 2011
                  - #2 of 3 LANers of the Apocalypse!
                  -YT

Comment

Originally posted by FixXxeR
                    Mmmm, sitting around for dinner when its pitch black? Sounds a bit depressing but hey... I'm in GMT so what do I care :grin:
                    Ugh! NO! You would still get up at your regular time, according to the sunrise/sunset. The time on the clock would just be the same no matter where you are.

Comment

I am up for a good revolt. I live in a very small area in the US that does not follow daylight savings. It is great! Every once in awhile, some politician wants to change that so local businesses are on the same time as nearby cities but it always gets defeated. Lead us Grank!
                      formerly littlek

Comment

Originally posted by FixXxeR
                        No, no, no! You're not understanding! No one's schedule would change. You'd still get up when the sun comes up, have dinner around when it goes down, and go to bed after dark. The only thing that would be different would be the hour the clock says.

For instance, I get up at 6:00 on weekdays. I'm in GMT -6:00. So when I get up at 6:00, it's noon at GMT. Under the NEW way, I'd still be getting up at noon, GMT. It'd just say noon on the clock here when I get up, too, even though the sun would just be coming up.

Comment

I actually live in Greenwich, and thus I am the winner of this thread.

Comment

And how would you plan things? The sun never comes up at the same time, so time/alarmclocks would be useless unless we go back to sundials... and those are worthless x 100.

Comment

ooooh, I see now. But how would the daylight saving time thing work, like when you have to put the clocks back or foward an hour. The same?

pah, anyway Megas right, I R WINNAR anyway
                              -TuF- Emptying clan servers of their own clan members since 2010
                              - Agg moderator campaign supporter 2011
                              - #2 of 3 LANers of the Apocalypse!
                              -YT

Comment

Working...
                              X