Bank Map

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bank Map

Sorry for posting pictures of this in the mapping forum a long time ago and never giving any more updates on it, truth is, I've been poking at it over the days and though still pretty far from complete, I've made great progress. I shall post some screenshots pretty soon.

The premise is a large city block with a bunch of buildings, each of them with openable doors, and obviously the bank being the meat of the city. Every roof can be walked upon as well, and vents in the bank will be plentiful, plus the bank will have many entrances.
    Each player starts out in a home/apartment of their own, with a key so they may lock back up if they so wish. You will be able to get loot scattered around the city with ease, since it's simply too big to guard it all, but it will take a while since it's so huge. The bank will have a much larger concentration of loot so the limit will be more quickly reached. I haven't come up with an objective idea for the vault yet because I want to come up with something clever. Roughly the size of this map (in measure of number of buildings * number of buildings) is about 6*6, so obviously there's plenty of work in that respect. I'm also making lots of readable material, with nothing left blank. Tons of side-stories to listen in on, and of course to get clues on where to taff. I think the last time I checked the size of the map is 15 megs. I haven't created all the buildings yet and there's definitely room for ideas on what types of buildings I should add, and if there's anything in particular you'd like to see done, I'll be open to any suggestions. I also haven't created the vault yet so if there's a particular look anyone would like to see just let me know. I think this should be a fun map to at least explore in, because with it's size I'll definitely add a bunch of secrets to search around for. I've definitely had fun creating it thus far. I think I covered everything, so you can expect some screenshots pretty soon.

Cheers,
    -Pred
    Predator
    Black Cat Games Modeler
    Black Cat Games
    Nightblade
    Thievery

One more thing, and please don't judge my overall skill by this question but... does anyone know how to scale meshes? I've got fireplaces with these little dinky fires in them

Thanks in advance.
    Predator
    Black Cat Games Modeler
    Black Cat Games
    Nightblade
    Thievery

Comment

Originally posted by Predator
      One more thing, and please don't judge my overall skill by this question but... does anyone know how to scale meshes? I've got fireplaces with these little dinky fires in them

Thanks in advance.
      is it just like UED3 where you have some scale boxes in the bottom right of the screen? enter a value and hit enter and the changes just occur, I may be wrong tho.
      ~TuF~

Comment

Can't wait to see some pictures ,keep up the good work.

Comment

does anyone know how to scale meshes?
          Actor Properties > Display > Drawscale > Number

and please don't judge my overall skill by this question
          I remember the screens; and can assure you there's certainly a discord between the skill you exhibit and that question I'm looking forward to seeing the map

Comment

Awesome, thanks guys
            Predator
            Black Cat Games Modeler
            Black Cat Games
            Nightblade
            Thievery

Comment

I'm rather proud of the library but I didn't want to post a pic until I got the lighting right and the issue with that is that is that for some reason light and shadow are not showing up on some surfaces in-game (they show in the editor)... I have special lit off, and everything looks fine but the light is just a no-show in the game. I'll probably just remake the surfaces which will probably fix it, but whatever, here are your shots

These three shots take place inside the bank itself.

First floor South Wing hallway. Yes, you're invisible in those little shadows

3rd floor South Wing Executive Quarters' hallway. Sorry about the see-through ceiling, it's probably because "Dude, I'm using a piece of crap" to create this map.

North Wing Executive Office, top floor. One of the many offices in the bank.

These rooms are not complete and will likely be detailed further before the final product.
              I will post more screenshots soon, continuing the tour of the bank.[/img]
              Predator
              Black Cat Games Modeler
              Black Cat Games
              Nightblade
              Thievery

Comment

Looks very promising Predator ,like I allready said keep up the good work

Comment

very nice, i hate anticipation
                  This is my cool sig.

Comment

I remember that thread!

Like i said then, cna't watito see it finished!
                    "Just off the border of your waking mind there lies another time, where darkness and light are one. As you tread the halls of sanity, you feel so glad to be unable to go beyond. I have a message from another time."

Comment

Looks nice, keep us updated
                      One of the three LANers of the Apocalypse!
                      -
                      The Unforgiven Casual Gaming Group - New Members Welcome

Comment

I especially like the office (3rd) shot. I'm looking at the linked thread and I recknon that's a very realistic feeling map! Well done!
                        Night of the Werewolves II
                        HarryPotterwars
                        A Thief's Guide to Thievery for UT (video not complete yet)

Comment

Yes, very nice. Office pic certainly rocks.
                          Makes me wonder how lazy I am in not even doing an alpha of my personal map project.
                          Feel the power of the

Comment

eh Pred, this looks really nice mate.

I have to say I am looking forward to TUT 1.5, especially the new maps such as this :-)
                            ~TuF~

Comment

Thanks guys, the feedback is always very encouraging. Oh and thanks for finding the thread Sisu

I'll have more screenshots tonight, got a bunch done today.
                              Predator
                              Black Cat Games Modeler
                              Black Cat Games
                              Nightblade
                              Thievery

Comment

Working...
                              X