Read It and Weep

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Read It and Weep

This is from cnn, one of the most liberal stations in the U.S.
    http://www.cnn.com/SPECIALS/2002/cfr/stories/iraq/
    If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe - Carl Sagan

What are you trying to point out?
    Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia, n. See also Irony.

Comment

Where on earth did you get the idea that CNN is a liberal news outlet? And where in that "news" article do they provide even one shred of hard evidence linking Iraq and Hussein to the 9/11 attack? They state quite the opposite.

For now, though, one intelligence official told the Los Angeles Times, "there's not a drop of evidence" to link Saddam and September 11.
      In addition, that article seems to be hopelessly out of date. It speculates on whether or not Iraq is next on the US's hitlist.

The fact is, with each passing day, even many of the people who initially supported this war are realizing it was a bad idea. There have been no WMD's found (presence of them was a major argument in favor of the war), no evidence of production facilities, and no evidence of development programs (again, both major arguments for going to war). No evidence has been found linking Saddam's regime to Al Qaeda. The monetary cost is going to take decades to pay off, and the cost in lives isn't quantifiable. The cost in credibility among other nations can't be calculated either. And among other Islamic nations, support for anti-US actions has grown, with the result that the US is LESS secure now as a result of this war, rather than MORE secure.

Your thread topic, "Read it and Weep" seems to be more appropriately used to express the dead loss this action has been and the unnecessary cost we've incurred as a result, while gaining nothing from it, rather than as the devastating rebuttal to the claims that the wasr was a bad idea that you seem to think it is.

Comment

Originally posted by LaughingRat
        A bunch of stuff
        Whoa, go easy on Bulletstopper, the guy's only 14.

Comment

Originally posted by Salsa
          Whoa, go easy on Bulletstopper, the guy's only 14.
          I don't believe I've attacked Bulletstopper, only his argument. However, age is no excuse for sloppy thinking and poor reasoning.

Comment

Originally posted by LaughingRat
            Age is no excuse for sloppy thinking and poor reasoning.
            He does have a point there. But, oh well, live and learn, and try better next time!!

Edit: Alot of people, especially at a young age get their ideals from their parents, so he probably got the idea from them about being a "liberal" news, and putting this up. But it does look out of date though....
            "He said he didn't trust me, so I killed him."--Hidden_Wolfe

Comment

The "2002" in the URL makes me wonder why the hell this has been posted in 2004. Certainly not for the benefit of hindsight...

And I begin to wonder how many people find discussions of American politics on a gaming forum just as boring as I do.
              Nightmaster,
              .:Mockers Thievery Guild:.
              - "until the cat is skinned"

Comment

Originally posted by Shug
                And I begin to wonder how many people find discussions of American politics on a gaming forum just as boring as I do.
                Oh thank god it's not just me!

- hugs shug -
                ~TuF~

Comment

For an entertaining disscusion on american politics try www.michaelmoore.com
                  I live in australia and still find it funny. Mabye it is because I live in australia that I can find this funny.
                  Conformity is the refuge of the unimaginative, the dull and the stupid
                  The internet based realm of Decompiler

Comment

Y'know, bullet, that's pretty old. It talk of "can the US topple Saddam?"

Well, it looks like that happened.
                    "Just off the border of your waking mind there lies another time, where darkness and light are one. As you tread the halls of sanity, you feel so glad to be unable to go beyond. I have a message from another time."

Comment

+1 Shug.
                      Night of the Werewolves II
                      HarryPotterwars
                      A Thief's Guide to Thievery for UT (video not complete yet)

Comment

Gawd. Consider yourselves lucky not to live in Quebec... here, people hate "Bush and his americans" so much that they have to actually walk in the streets in gangs of 30-40 just to say "fuck america".

I still see people marching in the middle-town against Bush's war. Not that I'm fucking bored and annoyed by these people, no... Some of them actually stop you in the streets to give you some 'peace journal' that nobody will care to read anyway.
                        JM

Comment

Originally posted by TheMachine
                          - hugs shug -
                          "Screenshot taken."

Comment

Originally posted by Lurox
                            Gawd. Consider yourselves lucky not to live in Quebec... here, people hate "Bush and his americans" so much that they have to actually walk in the streets in gangs of 30-40 just to say "fuck america".
                            What's really sad is, now it seems that freedom of speech is going away in this country, so now if anyone does this (even in much small groups) they probably would get arrested or worse. :|

Not about the "fuck americans", but Bush and his campaign. Its really sad that the first amendment of our constitution is going away.
                            "He said he didn't trust me, so I killed him."--Hidden_Wolfe

Comment

Freedom of speach is over-rated. :grin:
                              -TuF- Emptying clan servers of their own clan members since 2010
                              - Agg moderator campaign supporter 2011
                              - #2 of 3 LANers of the Apocalypse!
                              -YT

Comment

Working...
                              X