D&D, Thievery Stylez! Any interest?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• D&D, Thievery Stylez! Any interest?

Ok, I'm thinking of coming up with a thievery style D&D conversion. I'd like to somehow make the game playable on the forums (So many people can participate, no matter what the time zone), but this could take quite a bit of set up time and balancing and changing of rules.

So, before I undertake such a project, I'd like to know how many of you would be interested in participating?

Thanks!
    Yes
    0%
    No
    0%
    Garlisk's Fantasy Art Gallery
    www.usyetzer.com

Hey if you need help let me know, PM me or something if you have questions.
    "He said he didn't trust me, so I killed him."--Hidden_Wolfe

Comment

In my experience, role-playing games don't work well in an online setting, even in a chatroom. Never tried it via TeamSpeak, but even that lacks something without the face-to-face contact. Maybe NetMeeting....

Comment

I'm intrested to see how it'll be pulled off.
        -TuF- Emptying clan servers of their own clan members since 2010
        - Agg moderator campaign supporter 2011
        - #2 of 3 LANers of the Apocalypse!
        -YT

Comment

LR: Well, I've never had any experience other than Online Roleplaying...

I found it fun, though yes, it does seem like it would lack something RL would provide.

However, I have some experience in making games with formulas* and I think I can make something that should be fun for us.

I'd appreciate any suggestions or ideas, but I have a pretty clear idea already of what I want to do, it will just take some time.

*I made a whole game based on Road Warrior which allowed for chases, building vehicles, scavenging, fighting, etc... plus a bunch of other smaller "arena" fighting games, where the whole idea was making characters and having them fight.
          www.usyetzer.com

Comment

Sweet.
            "He said he didn't trust me, so I killed him."--Hidden_Wolfe

Comment

Me! Meee!

LR will just have to watch.

Comment

Tentatively interested. Conceptually, sounds like fun. Curious about the overall framewok, details, etc.
                Give some taffer fire, and you'll keep him warm for the night with one less reason to cause trouble for the master.
                Set a taffer on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life, and have no need to bother the master.

Comment

Ok, after some thought and work with several ideas..
                  I think its about impossible to make a game that would work in a forum.

However! I will make up several D&D style classes and items based on TUT, and any extra rules that may be needed, I'll post that...and then I'll work on a campaign.

Then, maybe we can set up a room in IRC or AIM and have a go at it!
                  www.usyetzer.com

Comment

I'm in.
                    Genius is a blink before a moment of insanity.
                    "Dream is Destiny"
                    Waking Life

Comment

there are a few programs out there made specifically to recreate the table top experience online. I've never tried them, but here are links to a few.

http://www.webrpg.com/
                      http://www.openrpg.com/

Comment

Garlisk wrote:

"*I made a whole game based on Road Warrior..."

Don't you mean "based on MAD MAX1&2

That's what is was called here in Australia where it was made. A lot of it was filmed very close to my home town of Geelong (near Melbourne).

Sorry, way off topic

mono
                        Yenz: "It's only murder if they say stop"
                        Mono's wife: "What if they are mute?"
                        Yenz: "There are internationally recognized hand signals for 'stop killing me you bastard!'"

Comment

NP Mono...well, yeah I guess.

The first one is called Mad Max here, but the second is Road Warrior (here).

Cool tidbit.
                          www.usyetzer.com

Comment

Do all of you that are interested in playing know how to set up your char and have the Players Manual?

I'm gonna let you use any weapons in the Player's Manual list...as long as its not limited by the Rogue class, and you remember that bigger weapons make you easier to spot.

OK here is an example of what I'm doing...these are some items that will be added.

Blackjack
                            Cost: Free
                            Damage: 1 (Subdual)
                            Special: Sneak Attack = Instant KO
                            Critical: None

Water Arrows
                            Cost: 10
                            Special: Creates more darkness in a room lit by torches or candles, making it easier to hide.

Vine Arrows
                            Cost: 20
                            Special: Shoot it into wood and climb up.
                            Length: 50 Ft

Moss Arrows
                            Cost: 10
                            Special: Makes footsteps quiet in a small area, and neutralizes caltrops.

Decoy Arrows
                            Special: Provides distraction of guards for several turns.

Crack Arrows
                            Special: Renders guards that get shot incapable of moving properly, reduces their attack and movement speed.
                            www.usyetzer.com

Comment

I like this idea. Is it possible that to many people could sign up? would the program (and the story) support the 10 or more people that are interested?
                              Conformity is the refuge of the unimaginative, the dull and the stupid
                              The internet based realm of Decompiler

Comment

Working...
                              X