Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shooting trough a gate with the thin wall bug. Fair or not?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shooting trough a gate with the thin wall bug. Fair or not?

Ok, here is the deal. I and a couple other players played bourgeois ... and to make a long story short, two guards were on the one end side of that gate ( in the sewer ) and the thief was on the other side.

One guard used the thin wall bug, to shoot trough the gate. I said he shouldn't be doing that, or i'll report him to the server admin. Now , here mad gerbil said " blabla it's fair ... it's a gate with holes " ( well , not the exact words but he did said it was ok )

I find this bug using, shooting trough doors ( in this case a gate with a masked texture ) and with using this you deserve a kick[ban] .

What's your opinion?
    yes, it's legal. It's not bug using.
    0.00%
    no it's not legal. It's bug using.
    0.00%
    You smell phaethorn!
    100.00%
    On demand this signature has been changed. I hope nobody was insulted or got harmed due to my signature. If this is the case, I'm fully responsible for the harm that was done. Do you feel harmed or you simply want a listening ear?

Call 0900-PHAE

Originally posted by PhaeThorn
    Ok, here is the deal. I and a couple other players played bourgeois ... and to make a long story short, two guards were on the one end side of that gate ( in the sewer ) and the thief was on the other side.

One guard used the thin wall bug, to shoot trough the gate. I said he shouldn't be doing that, or i'll report him to the server admin. Now , here mad gerbil said " blabla it's fair ... it's a gate with holes " ( well , not the exact words but he did said it was ok )

I find this bug using, shooting trough doors ( in this case a gate with a masked texture ) and with using this you deserve a kick[ban] .

What's your opinion?
    If it was intended to block projectiles, then it should. Using the wallbug on anything that is supposed to block stuff equals exploiting the wallbug.

Comment

Unsure. I think if it's masked then it's.. borderline. Sounds a bit like the wall hack to me.

Comment

Since when bug abusing was considered fair and sporty?

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.K.
          Since when bug abusing was considered fair and sporty?
          Since some people think that way. " If there is a gab, you can shoot trough it! " that's what they basicly say.
          On demand this signature has been changed. I hope nobody was insulted or got harmed due to my signature. If this is the case, I'm fully responsible for the harm that was done. Do you feel harmed or you simply want a listening ear?

Call 0900-PHAE

Comment

Go for it. An iron grate? Why COULDN'T you shoot through that?

Comment

If it is a bug, it is exploiting. holes or not holes.

Again, if it's just a random property, then i'd say if you can see, you can shoot. Through the holes, not the whole thing.

Comment

LaughingRat, let me explain.

It's ment to block things. If it wasn't ment to block things, the map maker would have made that door differently. There are alot of ways to do that. Most of them are simple.
                This gate is masked, for the effect. A gate with the holes black is not real gate.
                This mean you can see trough it. But does not mean you can SHOOT trough it.

Now, if we take a window. Why couldn't we shoot trough that? I mean .... in real life windows can break, so why not shooting trough it in this game ??

It's a game. There are some things we simply can't do.

Call 0900-PHAE

Comment

CondePhaescendingThorn again....

Comment

Originally posted by LaughingRat
                    1: Explain what the hell you mean by that :p
                    2: Edit your post to something usefull.

Plz do one of the two above

Call 0900-PHAE

Comment

Phaethorn:
                      I have a real issue with the way you worded the question. How do you know developers didn't intend for us to be able to shoot through iron bars? You'll see in the post I made on the topic that I laid down some very concrete criteria:

1) If you can see through it
                      AND
                      2) If it isn't meant to be solid like a window
                      AND
                      3) You are not "leaning"
                      THEN
                      It's okay.

The gate you witnessed this taking place at was the gate in the sewer of Bourgeios. You can see people running around on the other side, it has large "gaps" between the iron bars, and the shooting was standing back away from the gate so he wasn't leaning.

You cannot just assume that is the wallhack bug. Perhaps the developers like the idea of a well placed arrow getting "between the bars" and to the other side.
                      "A gerbil is a rodent, wretched creature and quite possibly represents yourself there unclean vile obsolete weak and live happily in there and others filth, they have caused plague and death to humans and nearly wiped us out" - industrialism

Comment

I'm sorry mad gerbil, but you are wrong about that. The guy was in front of the gate. He was not back a little, no ... he was actualy touching the gate. Even if this is not the case, he wouldn't be able to shoot trough.

I said it was not ment to be shootable, because they din't make a solid mover for nothing. It IS solid, only you can see trough it. Now for the gate itself, the gate is of course not solid in real life. But i din't ment that. I ment the mover that was used for the gate.

For your last note, maby they do like the idea. I even like the idea myself. But that doesn't mean you can use a bug to do it. It was bug using. You can not posibly say it wasn't. It's a solid mover ( wall ) and if you can shoot trough it, it's the thin wall bug.

Call 0900-PHAE

Comment

It's a combination of the word "condescending" and your name, because your post was QUITE condescending. Starting with "LaughingRat, let me explain", and then proceeding to talk to me like I'm a half-witted child.

I understood fully what you meant the very first time. And what I said then stands: Why the hell shouldn't you be able to shoot between the bars/scrollwork of an iron grating?

Comment

It's a combination of the word "condescending" and your name, because your post was QUITE condescending. Starting with "LaughingRat, let me explain", and then proceeding to talk to me like I'm a half-witted child.

I understood fully what you meant the very first time. And what I said then stands: Why the hell shouldn't you be able to shoot between the bars/scrollwork of an iron grating?
                            Yeah, well ... i like to explain things that way. So not only you, but also everybody else understands what i am saying

Call 0900-PHAE

Comment

Sounds like wallhacking to me. Why should a gate be different than a thin wall?

Comment

Working...
                              X