So you think you got ninja skills?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So you think you got ninja skills?

N-gage into an N-grossing freeware platform gem.
    N awesome Macromedia Flash Player powered game.
    <1MB chockfull of oldschool gameplay!
    WARNING!: May tie you to the screen for a longer period of time you wish it would.
    *drools*
    N-joy! :wink:
    AlienMode ThieveryUT adaption
    Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.
    Life is a bitch, then you get cancer. One story is good till another is told.

Reminds me of Lode Runner: the BEST GAME EVER in 2d.

does this have miltiplayer like LR?
    "Just off the border of your waking mind there lies another time, where darkness and light are one. As you tread the halls of sanity, you feel so glad to be unable to go beyond. I have a message from another time."

Comment

No, unfortunately. But I got words from one of the authors that the next version will probably have an online high-score submission feature.
      The levels get really challenging fast.
      A good hint is to always suicide (k by default) before the time runs out, otherwise you have to start the episode from the start again.

But at the moment I really start to get into the super sweet shareware RPG:
      the UnReal World: http://www.jmp.fi/~smaarane/urw.html
      It has a unique setting and many rare and cool features and very enjoyable combat.

Comment

Oh, i thought this was going to be about "ninjary"

Who used to run a ninjary server? I can't remember
        These days I find that I can't be bothered,
        To argue with them - well what's the point?
        Better to take you shots and drop down dead.

Comment

"ninjary"?
          Never heard of that.
          And on a sidenote in the UrW game I just interviewed, killed, eviscerated, roasted and eaten a trapper because I was about to die of starvation.

Comment

Oh, I was gonna try UrW a while ago...don't know why I didn't..maybe I'll check it out if I get time.

/nick Garlisk|UrW
            Garlisk's Fantasy Art Gallery
            www.usyetzer.com

Comment

I can only wholeheartedly recommend trying UrW. Plain survival and to make a living has never been so entertaining and real-life feeling as in this one.

Hunt animals with melee weapons(if they don't run away at first sight) or ranged weapons or try your luck with traps. Fish at the water or forage.
              Trade at villages you come across or slaughter one of their cattle when everyone's
              sleeping...
              Prepare yourself for the hard seasons..
              Deal with your wounds..
              It feels like a simulation with countless of options to achieve a given thing while
              it isn't a game that's heavy on numerical stats and plays quite easy (think IVAN but without the D&D like stats :wink: ).
              It's got much background info on things having to do with the game that you can browse through if you like at any time.

After having watched this film: http://www.soweitdiefuessetragen.de/frameset.shtml
              I appreciate the game much more after having tried it again and learned that
              it isn't all that hard to survive in it, that it's more fun to choose one of the available scenarios other than the total freeform one (because the others give you guidelines on hunting or tips on surviving in general) and that the shareware limit of I dunno how much days doesn't spoil the fun so quick and much after all.

Comment

ninjary was a mutator for thievery. I think it made thieves do spinny acrobat jumps and maybe guads too? cant remember. It probably did other things aswell - I can't remember
                These days I find that I can't be bothered,
                To argue with them - well what's the point?
                Better to take you shots and drop down dead.

Comment

Originally posted by Beowulf
                  No, unfortunately. But I got words from one of the authors that the next version will probably have an online high-score submission feature.
                  The levels get really challenging fast.
                  A good hint is to always suicide (k by default) before the time runs out, otherwise you have to start the episode from the start again.

But at the moment I really start to get into the super sweet shareware RPG:
                  the UnReal World: http://www.jmp.fi/~smaarane/urw.html
                  It has a unique setting and many rare and cool features and very enjoyable combat.
                  Zee DOS,it burns! :lol:

Comment

Originally posted by Grey Fox
                    Zee DOS,it burns! :lol:
                    Denial Of Service does indeed burn.

Comment

Har har. Massive uber resurrection bump to inform ppl that URW now has its first Win version release. I ended up registering the game, my first shareware registered ever.

Comment

I'm quite sure i have ninja skillz...

< it had to be done />
                        Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Comment

Working...
                        X