It IS cheating, it IS NOT cheating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It IS cheating, it IS NOT cheating

Today a certain unnamed person was shooting arrows through an iron grate door. You do not have to "lean" to do this, nor do you even need to be close to the door.

An unguilded scallywag observed this and declared it cheating. You are using a "thin wall" bug, he said.

Well I've worked on shooting arrows though iron grates before (iron doors) and you have to find the magic spots that it will work. I've never been able to get an arrow through a solid wood door.

I informed the ignorant taffer that shooting arrows through iron bar doors is NOT cheating if you don't "lean" to do it. Anyways, before this blows up into a big "cheater" and "liar" pOOpie storm I thought I'd give the developers a chance to respond.

For me personally I apply the following rule:
    1) If you can see thought it
    AND
    2) It isn't meant to be solid (like a window pane is meant to be)
    AND
    3) You aren't using the wallhack
    THEN
    Shooting through it is okay.

Any thoughts?
    "A gerbil is a rodent, wretched creature and quite possibly represents yourself there unclean vile obsolete weak and live happily in there and others filth, they have caused plague and death to humans and nearly wiped us out" - industrialism

I have two thoughts on the matter. First, it's not cheating, you should be able to shoot through holes in grates. Second, that unguilded taffer should really join the Wraiths.
    Nearly all men can stand adversity -- if you want to test a man’s character, give him power.

Comment

Yeah...

Lurox taps the desk with the judge's hammer, whatever it's called.

BAM!!

NOT lame!
      JM

Comment

lol gerbil I SAID I was gonna start a thread. NOT YOU
        On demand this signature has been changed. I hope nobody was insulted or got harmed due to my signature. If this is the case, I'm fully responsible for the harm that was done. Do you feel harmed or you simply want a listening ear?

Call 0900-PHAE

Comment

Originally posted by PhaeThorn
          My threads are always better.
          I was post whoring before you got out of diapers.
          "A gerbil is a rodent, wretched creature and quite possibly represents yourself there unclean vile obsolete weak and live happily in there and others filth, they have caused plague and death to humans and nearly wiped us out" - industrialism

Comment

Originally posted by Mad_Gerbil
            And when Phae's STILL postwhoring, you'll be wearing diapers again.

Comment

Originally posted by Mad_Gerbil
              Someone close this thread plz, and gerbil, i wish you were for starting this useless thread, while another SAME thread is running about it.
              On demand this signature has been changed. I hope nobody was insulted or got harmed due to my signature. If this is the case, I'm fully responsible for the harm that was done. Do you feel harmed or you simply want a listening ear?

Call 0900-PHAE

Comment

HEY!!! Why are you holding out on me, Phae?
                Kiech

Comment

Originally posted by Kiech Bepho
                  what do you mean?

Call 0900-PHAE

Comment

what do you mean?
                    I am trying to get a bunch of them together, so quit hogging and post em' here!

http://www.thieveryut.com/bb/viewtopic.php?t=287

Kiech

Comment

what do you mean?
                      I am trying to get a bunch of them together, so quit hogging and post em' here!

http://www.thieveryut.com/bb/viewtopic.php?t=287

Ah you mean that. Well .... i'm too bored to post them all. Sorry

You could use the emoticons on my memberssite of deviantart though. You are free to use them all http://phaethorn.deviantart.com/thum...2ea9e8e2b48e0a

Call 0900-PHAE

Comment

I think the intuitive thing is that if you can see it, you can shoot it. Fences and stuff are half cover, half see-through, so i don't really care, but i want ALL the fences to behave equally. All shoot- through or all cover.

Comment

Originally posted by Lurox
                          Yeah...

Lurox taps the desk with the judge's hammer, whatever it's called.

BAM!!

NOT lame!
                          GIMME BACK MY HAMMER! AND NEXT TIME ASK BEFORE YOU BORROW IT!
                          I Need Training!

Comment

I think that Thwark already schooled said person in #thievery about it not being a bug, and he still didn't listen. Ah well, getting pwned must hurt alot, DP.
                            - | BlackErtai | -

Comment

The judge's hammer is called a gavel. And I agree that you should be able to shoot an arrow through bars or a grate so long as you are not using the "wallhack."

Comment

Working...
                              X