Map editing at it's finest...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Map editing at it's finest...

After a hard day of work, you come home yearning relaxation. Its Saturday night at 11:30 and there's nothing good on the TV. You realise you have two choices...

A:
    Jam for a few hours!!!

B:
    Partay on DromEd!

After much deliberation, you choose the latter (wouldn't we all )

Unfortunatly, as the night wore on, so did the misery...

Problem after problem created more anquish than relaxation...

Not soon after the clock strikes 3:00 Am, the hallucinations begin to get more intense...

Pretty soon it becomes quite obvious that this night could never be retrieved, and you decide to call it quits at 3:30 Am

Dreams that night reconfirm the incorrect decision to Dromed the night away...

Unfortunatly the magic can never be crushed, the Dromed curse once placed, can never be lifted, and no amount of experience good or bad can change the commitment one secretly places to Dromed....

I sit here now, all broken hearted...
    Came to finish, but only started...
    A while later, I got too tired...
    Went to bed, all pissed and wired...

Hope you all enjoy!

Timmy

P.S - For those of you who don't know, DromEd is the Thief mission editor, if you cannot relate, just imagine UnrealEd
    "It is truly a shame that the guards must be kept from the very tools of thier proffesion, but such blatant misuse of gas arrows cannot be tolerated. Alas, that poor burrick..."

*Applause* >Sniff<

That was wonderful. :cry:

Pretty nice Thief13x, I especially liked the hallucination picture. I'm betting you spent all night making that up instead of doing DromEd, huh? Although if this is based off a true event, you have my sympathies then.
    "He said he didn't trust me, so I killed him."--Hidden_Wolfe

Comment

We are amused.
      Ah, to be a hero. Keeping such company...

Comment

I think its time for a new sofa. that one is the same as Bob's sofa on that 70's show I think

Comment

What guitar is that?

And you're wrong. Between dromEd and guitar, I'd have chosen guitar. Music > map editing.
          JM

Comment

Originally posted by Hannu
            I think its time for a new sofa. that one is the same as Bob's sofa on that 70's show I think
            No doubt it's a hadn-me-down. Timmy lives over the garage.

Originally posted by Lurox
            Music > map editing.
            You'd think differently if you'd heard me play. You'd certainly have preferred I had mapped instead.

Comment

Originally posted by LaughingRat
              You'd think differently if you'd heard me play. You'd certainly have preferred I had mapped instead.
              But then you've got maps like DOM-Britney that make you wish people would stick to music... :lol:
              It's not my fault everything you like is terrible.

Comment

UED is a curse aswell, and a sneaky one it is. It takes you by surprise and just when you think you found a solution it stabs you in the back again. I've been used to the ued problems, they're more a feature then a bug to me. But just 30 minutes ago ued finaly found a counter to my auto save ...

... it uses different programs to slow the mapping progress down. I was working in paintshop pro, making something important for a map, and already worked on it for more then 90 minutes. I never have problems with paintshop pro so I didn't think of saving it before I finished it ....

.... and ofcourse since it's for a map, ued orders psp to crash. Bye bye big project!
                On demand this signature has been changed. I hope nobody was insulted or got harmed due to my signature. If this is the case, I'm fully responsible for the harm that was done. Do you feel harmed or you simply want a listening ear?

Call 0900-PHAE

Comment

Originally posted by PhaeThorn
                  UED is a curse aswell, and a sneaky one it is. It takes you by surprise and just when you think you found a solution it stabs you in the back again.

This is a picture I snapped when it snuck up on me as I was trying to sleep. Its holding a knife, by the way.

Comment

That picture doesnt UED Goblin justice. Add some more arms holding much more pointy objects and throwing around pathnodes and 100 little feet stomping on stressed mappers heads and alpha versions of scrapped projects while a huge unfixable HOM spawns "out of vertices"- Error messages in the background and 1000 bots get stuck in stairchases and Zoneportals dissapear for no reason and Map-preview screenshots showing up all screwed and movers rotate through walls while tiny gaps in waterzone sheets fill the entire picture with water and black parts of the level kill you and sdpjfasdpfgjaweUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUASzilshfda18921891 238912

!!!!1111! +
                    My leet Thievery Map
                    My leet UT3 Map
                    My leet AS Map

Comment

What do you know about pathnodes? I did them all for you!

<BiG_D> I think I added 4 megs worth of pathnodes to TH-Cult... :/
                      <Ulukai> Sweet Jesus!

Comment

Ued 3.0 > Ued 2.0 > DromEd

Comment

I tried to do them myself before....

*shudder*

...teh horror....

ARGH! PATROLPOINTSPLITTERS EVERYWHERE!1!1!!!11 BEGONE!

*runs away*
                          My leet Thievery Map
                          My leet UT3 Map
                          My leet AS Map

Comment

Hehe, I know exactly what you people mean. Ued gives me some major headaches. :x

Comment

I could handle the Ued 2 goblin easy. He's sitting on my bed right now with his chew-toy and his munchkin treats.

Ued3 is another goblin altogether. NO DYNAMIC LIGHTING! everywhere, all hte little static meshes, each one lit differntly from the next! one's fully black, he other's bright white.. NO BLENDING! AAAHHH!!!!!!

I tried DromEd for a bit. It's easier to tackle than Ued 3, but not quite as easy as Ued 2. Ignore the reandom crashes, and it's pretty fun, actaully.

But the difference: In thievery, you can get feedback from teh community while actually playing your map!
                              "Just off the border of your waking mind there lies another time, where darkness and light are one. As you tread the halls of sanity, you feel so glad to be unable to go beyond. I have a message from another time."

Comment

Working...
                              X