*Shoot* Voice Command Gaming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *Shoot* Voice Command Gaming

Came across this little dealy: http://clans.gameclubcentral.com/shoot/ and wondered if anyone else used voice command software with this or any games and what the thoughts are about using it being unfair or not.

Its a freeware software that allows you to speak into your microphone what you want and it sends the appropriate keyboard commands. For example, program it so when you say "Flak" it pulls out the flak cannon. Comes preloaded with some games functions already programmed.

"Firebolt! Firebolt! Firebolt! Firebolt!"

Comment

"Lightning bolt!"

Comment

Mario Kill!
        Immortius' Forge

Comment

"Get me another beer"

Comment

Hehehe, that's be great for Judge Dredd gaming
            <Sly>"Armour piercing"</Sly>
            Mordengaard - Tester/Mapper/Voice Actor/Nitpick/Coder

"Criminal: A person with predatory instincts who has not sufficient capital to form a corporation."
            :: Howard Scott

Comment

OMFG!

"kick"
              "kickban"

:twisted:
              No Linux, No Choice.
              Know Linux, Know Choice.

Comment

Originally posted by Hannu
                what the thoughts are about using it being unfair or not.
                Cheat/Hack by the definitions repeatedly posted on this board.
                Third party program, interfering with the game to give the user an advantage others not using it can't have. (In this case you can 'program' long key stroke sequences to be performed by the program with unmanly speed and precision whenever you say a specific word. Fortunately not so bad in TUT since it doesn't rely on such things much anyway.)

Then again same goes for TeamSpeak. (It is a huge advantage to not have to type stuff so nobody can deny that. Not mentioning the possibility to give away positions of players etc.)
                Such pretty much external (TS absolutely) cheat programs can hardly be detected
                by (anti-cheat)software so you can never know whether or not ppl are using them.

Apart from that how about Streetfighter-like games:
                "Hadoken!"
                "Dragon Punch!"

Or a totally text/voice driven Roguelike!

The BotChatCommand mutator for UT might rock with this.
                AlienMode ThieveryUT adaption
                Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.
                Life is a bitch, then you get cancer. One story is good till another is told.

Comment

If the program functions simply as an alternative to keystrokes and binds, I see no problem with it. The program works as an alternative input to typing.

It does not alter the game iself, nor does it provide the user with information or artificial skill "enhancement" (like an aimbot). All it does is allow someone to effectively type really fast. From my viewpoint, to say that is cheating would be like saying binds or some fancy game controller is cheating.
                  Give some taffer fire, and you'll keep him warm for the night with one less reason to cause trouble for the master.
                  Set a taffer on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life, and have no need to bother the master.

Comment

Ut2k4 can be setup to do this....

And it's hardly different then setting up a key macro bind.

Comment

For TUT this would be exactly my opinion as well.
                      I merely applied the cheat/hack definitions constantly given by the dictators (j/k take it easy, I appreciate..) on this board.
                      I tried it for 'toggle crouch', 'toggle behindview' and 'Enemy here!' and it works fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Beowulf
                        ...definitions constantly given by the dictators...
                        Bite me, BeoBoi.

Comment

Well, okay:
                          Totally off-topic, please state your opinion.

Comment

i tried it, but perople look at me wierd now...

and the fact that i play in my basement, wiht a washing machine, a clothes dryer, a dog, 3 phones, fish tank, and two other computers usually running too really makes me have to scream out the commands. when i get net access in my room, i'll try again.

cool though. i wouldn't call it a cheat: almost slows you down. use it for some commands, others use the keyboard. for just using the mic, too many commands i do at once.
                            "Just off the border of your waking mind there lies another time, where darkness and light are one. As you tread the halls of sanity, you feel so glad to be unable to go beyond. I have a message from another time."

Comment

LOL! Just imagine the possibilities...

I'd set it to respond to "SUNUVABITCH!" by kickbanning the nearest actor... :twisted:

And "Toast" = no footstep noise as long as you say it
                              TCO – Retired
                              Former TCO Head of Intelligence – Retired

Comment

Working...
                              X