Paid 10 bucks to play a free game...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paid 10 bucks to play a free game...

Man is UT taking forever to install...and its just putting in stupid maps i'll prob never use. 2, TWO, cd's geez I hope I don't have to install them both...no jewel cases either, just cover slips. Ugh. Probably doesn't help that I am online at the same time...with 4 browsers open, and a computer that needs to be rebooted. Oh well.

OOO!!! It's done! Now to get directx, the mod, reboot...ugh.

Anyways, I am here anouncing that I am no longer a wanabe n00b with balanced views. I am here to TAFF BABY!!!! YEA!!!! 8)

See you soon!!!

Kiech
    Kiech

LOL! Good luck!

Comment

OMG...I am NEVER going to be able to play this game...

A HUGE download for the UT patch.

122M download for the UT mod.

Then the patch? Another 34M???

And the little 'extra helping' files, several megs there too.

I should be DONE with my just concieved today TUT map by the time I actually get to play at all!!!

But getting to play...priceless.

BTW gave up on directx 9...UT says I should get 'standard' resolution.
      (yea right!)
      Kiech

Comment

Are you on dialup?

Do play some UT before installing TUT, though. Make sure your UT installation is working properly. You don't have to waste the bots or anything, just run around and shoot some.

Comment

If you are on dial-up, I was when I first got into Thievery, I did the DL at night, and let it go all night. DSL now. I highly recommend a DL manager, like Get Right DL manager or something. You can stop the DL, or pause, and resume the DL, at a later time, if need be. That's what I used, glad I did. Sorry if you know all this.
          It's a pain to not use something like that, get to 99% of a DL and have it screw up on you.

Comment

I AM on Dial-up. Don't let these fools tell you any different, download until ya drop! i recently d/l a 500mb file... that I couldn't use. So what you're going through is nothing, trust me
            *Leader of the 56k rebellion*
            *Slowing down cable and DSL users, everywhere*

LikitaRenn:"I wanna be added to as many people's sigs as will add me to... their.. sigs.. um.. something..."

Comment

It's 56k for me all the WAY!!! OK, here's the update:

I did try to see if UT would start, I haven't actually played yet. I got a lot of Chineese and bad graphics, so now I am using UT's renderer, on LOW resolution, it looks OK now.

Apparently I have the latest version on the CD, I wish it would have actually said that in the readme file...

Gonna let this baby go all night and hope its done in the AM.

UGH...dude, this game better rock. I can see now why you get a bunch of ragers all of the time. Damn this takes forever.

Maybe the topic for this shoulda been: I won't be around for a couple of days...

Kiech
              Kiech

Comment

Originally posted by Kiech Bepho
                I can see now why you get a bunch of ragers all of the time.

of course, we have a 0-tolerance policy toward ragers, so i'd steer well clear of that idea if i were you - regardless of what you think of the game 8)
                I'm not so bad... Once you get to know me.

Comment

Don't worry Thwark, I can take my aggression out in other ways. But still...damn, I thought this was gonna be all lollipops and candy corns after I installed UT.
                  Kiech

Comment

i deleted all my UT maps...except entry (it won't run without entry)
                    http://profiles.myspace.com/users/7360475
                    -=:ToB:=- / :]eDe[: Site: www.endarkend.net
                    -=:ToB:=-Forums: www.endarkend.net/phpbb/
                    -=:ToB:=-PayingSins (TUT MAP)- http://www.endarkend.net/downloads/m...oB_Payback.zip

Comment

Originally posted by Kiech Bepho
                      It's 56k for me all the WAY!!! OK, here's the update:

I did try to see if UT would start, I haven't actually played yet. I got a lot of Chineese and bad graphics, so now I am using UT's renderer, on LOW resolution, it looks OK now.

Apparently I have the latest version on the CD, I wish it would have actually said that in the readme file...

Gonna let this baby go all night and hope its done in the AM.

UGH...dude, this game better rock. I can see now why you get a bunch of ragers all of the time. Damn this takes forever.

Maybe the topic for this shoulda been: I won't be around for a couple of days...

Kiech
                      wow...how bad are your pc stats?
                      http://profiles.myspace.com/users/7360475
                      -=:ToB:=- / :]eDe[: Site: www.endarkend.net
                      -=:ToB:=-Forums: www.endarkend.net/phpbb/
                      -=:ToB:=-PayingSins (TUT MAP)- http://www.endarkend.net/downloads/m...oB_Payback.zip

Comment

Originally posted by Thwark
                        of course, we have a 0-tolerance policy toward ragers, so i'd steer well clear of that idea if i were you - regardless of what you think of the game 8)
                        I hardly think we need to worry about that here, Thwark. Kiech has been around for a bit, and seems quite a good-natured fellow.

Originally posted by DarkProject
                        wow...how bad are your pc stats?
                        He's on 56K. Duh.

Comment

Originally posted by LaughingRat
                          Kiech has been around for a bit ....
                          So why didn't Kiech download Thievery and patches (UT and TUT) before now? Could have been playing already ... :roll:
                          No Linux, No Choice.
                          Know Linux, Know Choice.

Comment

"Why didn't he already have the patches"

There was no point till I had the game...
                            Kiech

Comment

confusco say "Wise man download hundreds of megs over time so they be ready when 10bux goes bye-bye."

at least, i think he does. I haven't talked to him in awhile, that fucker never returns my phone calls.
                              I'm not so bad... Once you get to know me.

Comment

Working...
                              X