Pickup Trucks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pickup Trucks

Aight guys, i'm thinking of buying my first car in a few months. I have 5 thousand dollars saved up, and basically i'm looking for somthing like a Chevy s-10. However, i tend to lean towards liking foregn cars over American made. Basically, I want a list of all the smaller type (ford ranger, S-10, etc) pickup trucks on the market. Here's the ones i know...

Chevy S-10
    Ford Ranger
    Nissan Frontier
    Toyota Tacoma
    Mazda B Series

Please add to this list, i'm trying to explore all my oppertunities . Also, if you have somthing to say about any of the trucks mentioned (good or bad) please pipe up! I'll start by saying that i DO NOT want anything to do with Ford, their cars suck IMHO . Ive heard that Toyota, Mazda, and Nissan trucks all run forever, like 300,000 miles forever, anyone know if this is true? LETS TALK TRUX!

Tim
    "It is truly a shame that the guards must be kept from the very tools of thier proffesion, but such blatant misuse of gas arrows cannot be tolerated. Alas, that poor burrick..."

This is my second time writing this, so intead of the long rant about how ford can last a long time, the synopsis is:

My neighbor has a ford. It was his first car, and it's still runnning clean.

However, even keeping that in mind i'd go wiht the toyota, followed by the nissan. More recent fordds (admittedly), wont last as long as the old ones, while toyota and Nissan have been progressively raising their standards. Don't go Chevy. Last time i worked wiht one of those for more than a year or two, it was in and out of the shop every month.

for my first car, i'll go wiht the VW Thing, because it's so.... modular. like computers.
    "Just off the border of your waking mind there lies another time, where darkness and light are one. As you tread the halls of sanity, you feel so glad to be unable to go beyond. I have a message from another time."

Comment

You are going to get so confused because everyone will have pros and cons of every truck made. I own only 3/4 - 1 ton trucks because I need that to haul my horse trailer. I have owned Fords, Dodge, Chevy and knew someone with a Toyota. All ran great. This is what I drive now and it is the best truck I have ever owned.

It is a Chevy, 3/4 ton, heavy duty with 4 wheel drive, duramax diesel and pulls very well with decent gas mileage for a truck that size.
      formerly littlek

Comment

Jebus crebus, that's big.

I don't live in the US so i'm not used to the huge cars seen above. We have small cars and ever smaller cars. Personally I really like that car above, and other american cars ... but I doubt they will fit on every parkingspace and road in the netherlands.
        On demand this signature has been changed. I hope nobody was insulted or got harmed due to my signature. If this is the case, I'm fully responsible for the harm that was done. Do you feel harmed or you simply want a listening ear?

Call 0900-PHAE

Comment

I think you're setting your sights a little low.

You need a Big Rig, The truck of champions.

Comment

2 red dots?..........(brightens the image in PS). Oh
            ZT

Comment

Try one of these:

I've had mine for several years now, and I love it!

You did mean that $5000 was for a down payment, right?

Comment

Toyota will give you the best quality and longest lasting truck out of all the options you listed. Personally, I drive a Honda, but they don't make trucks.

Go with the Toyota if you want quality, and yes, Fords do suck.

Comment

Hay! I own a Ford! Not that bad! Over here I see SO MANY old Ford cars... loads of 'em, so they can't be all that bad. DOn't believe what you hear all the time.

Mine is english tho, Ford Fiesta, Jet black :-) New this year, running sweet.

Skulls got a nice car, also black, alfa - romao, he'll direct you to a picture ;-)

Anyway, for your first car just be greatful you've got one! damn, I got a throwaway car for my first, so I didn't even care if I crashed / broke it, jsut whilst I was getting to grips with driving.
                  ~TuF~

Comment

Originally posted by PhaeThorn
                    Jebus crebus, that's big.

I don't live in the US so i'm not used to the huge cars seen above. We have small cars and ever smaller cars. Personally I really like that car above, and other american cars ... but I doubt they will fit on every parkingspace and road in the netherlands.
                    You think thats big? The trend here in california is bigger than that, as in
                    chevy suburban or the Hummer. Thats right, like the troop carriers they use
                    in Iraq, only painted in obscene shades like Bright yellow. Hideous.

Comment

lol LR

same here, Mach. i had a Ford Stable with peeling grey paint, still drive it as backup thoguh (like when the radiator just broke in my other car, a Mitsubushi)
                      This is my cool sig.

Comment

"Can we get a big truck daddy?"

"No, because that is socially irresponsible."

Comment

Originally posted by Swiss Mercenary
                          "Can we get a big truck daddy?"

"No, because that is socially irresponsible."
                          what do you mean by that?
                          formerly littlek

Comment

You've gotta have one of these ,very powerfull (note:that cost me alot of speeding tickets)

Note: i have a black one.

Comment

As much a fan as I am of Nissans, I have to give the nod to the Toyota Tacoma followed closely by the Nissan Frontier.

FWIW, the Mazda B-Series trucks are re-badged Ford Rangers, so if you don't want a Ford then you should avoid the B-Series.
                              No Linux, No Choice.
                              Know Linux, Know Choice.

Comment

Working...
                              X