Roll call

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roll call

Please guys, I'm saying it now. If you do not belong in this thread don't post. Keep the spam out or I'll take it to PMs and you'll only make it harder on us.

This is a roll call for all you dreamers out there.

Radamanthus, myself, Hannu, and any other Oneironauts out there please come forward. I've been wanting to gather a group together since I've had my self awakening.

I will ask this of you, share your understanding with those who do and with those who do not.

I haven't seen too many around lately. Things have been tough lately for dreamers. They say dreaming is dead, that no one does it anymore. But it's not dead, it's just been forgotten. Removed from our language. Nobody teaches it so no one knows it exists. The dreamer has been banished to obscurity. Well, I'm trying to change all that now, and I hope you are too. By dreaming every day. Dreaming with our hands and dreaming with our minds. Our planet is facing the greatest problems it's ever faced, so whatever you do, don't be bored. This is absolutely the most exciting time we could have possibly hoped to be alive. And things are just starting.

-Waking Life-
    Genius is a blink before a moment of insanity.
    "Dream is Destiny"
    Waking Life

Here! + Hear Hear!
    ~TuF~

Comment

Originally posted by Curunir
      Our planet is facing the greatest problems it's ever faced, so whatever you do, don't be bored. This is absolutely the most exciting time we could have possibly hoped to be alive.
      interesting way to look at it. Most poeple these days say "don't affect me none" and ignore it.

Boredom is a plague that comes from the lack of dreamers. dreaming is, in fact, discouraged here in the states. It sooms nobody likes somebody wiht their "head in the clouds" anymore.
      "Just off the border of your waking mind there lies another time, where darkness and light are one. As you tread the halls of sanity, you feel so glad to be unable to go beyond. I have a message from another time."

Comment

I don't think Bordom is a plague, but apathy is, most people are concerned with personal gain, emotional, finacial or otherwise.

And in a way a dreamer is looking for personal gain, they want to make a difference for their own good, but i don't think for one minute it's with the same malicious zeal some people seem to put into stamping on thier friends to get ahead of them.

The whole system we run is flawed, we're stuck in this commercial cycle of money making, working. Every dream is restricted to a dream because money is required to make that dream reality, if everyone worked together regardless, and we all were given a equal chance (NOT COMMUNISM) then those with similar dreams could build them, and dedicate their lives to whatever or whoever they desired. Geeky as it is, think star-trek economy.

I dream of a different world, and tho I would hate to leave my friends + family behind here I would move there tommorow.
        ~TuF~

Comment

Sorry for the confuson but is this post about Lucid Dreaming and Astral projections or just random Martin Luther King's speeches about "I have a dream..."
          I assume its the first one. And Im curious as to the thoughts and experiences many of you have regarding the the above. I've had quite a few Lucid dreams, and about 3 Astral Projections (Out-of-body experience) and I must say with the proper mental practice it can be done easier each time.lucid dreaming for those who don't know is best explained that you have a sense of awareness in your dreams. For example, if you dream you are at school and you are walking through the halls, you could decide to open lockers and stuff that you normally wouldnt do in a normal dream cycle, turn around and walk out of the school and go where you want, in the dream. or open your eyes while sleeping in your room and see the TV and look around your room. Astral Projection is when you are looking around your room and you decide to get up and walk, but remember you are still sleeping. So to leave your body you have to endure a slight challenge. read more at http://www.astralprojection.ws/

Comment

I'm interested in lucid dreaming but unskilled. I've only achieved and maintained lucidity for a few seconds at a time before (Archetypal images have been mentioned in quite a few things I've read on it, but they do next to nothing for me - I just don't believe in them). I know all of the excercises to do with spinning on the spot, rubbing your hands etc, but I rarely remember to do them in dreams.

My interest began with a very powerful experience centring on identity: just after I left the JWs I was basically thinking "Who am I?", went to sleep after suddenly feeling very tired one afternoon, and dreamed I was a point-of-presence above some very still, cold, glassy water. I then plunged through the water very fast for a few seconds and stopped abruptly in front of my own unconscious body. At that point the dream became lucid, and I was reaching out to reshape my own face as if it were made of clay, but as I "touched" it I awoke with a gasp.

Another time I was in a wooden cubicle with a bare lightbulb, and something caused me to realise I was dreaming. I thought "Great, if this is a dream I have psychokinetic abilities" and started to make nails sticking out of the boards dance around like liquid chrome. Trying to summon scantily clad women proved too much though, and awoke me

Comment

Ahhh I see now...

I only recall having one such dream, I was running through a series of corridors and rooms, away from somebody.. I never knew who, the person was faceless.

As I ran thru the rooms I could feel the cold metal doors as I slammed into them to open them, with each cycle of the rooms one of them dissappeared each time, until I came to a door which would not open, as I spun around the person chasing me appeared to stop, they turned away, and I closed my eyes for a second in releaf. At this point I realised the dream and I stopped being afraid, I opened them again to see her next to me, her touch was so cold and her appearence next to me startled me even though I knew I was dreaming and I woke up. Odd as this one was during the daytime, during the summer in a pretty noisey house?!
              ~TuF~

Comment

Was it Moomin Mamma by any chance, Mach?
                One of the three LANers of the Apocalypse!
                -
                The Unforgiven Casual Gaming Group - New Members Welcome

Comment

It was the best of times, it was the worst of times.

As Dickens said.

Here's a reason why it's the worst of times:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_Economic_Forum

Here's a reason why it's the best of times:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_social_forum

Ciao!
                  Red Guard
                  Thievery UT

Comment

Seven hundred and sixty one armless and legless corpses float inconspicuously around the inside of hangar ninety six. I say that they are inconspicuous because it is their arms and legs which demand my attention. I did this, or I could have stopped it. Which is it? It doesn't matter now. I did this and could have stopped it, but nothing in nature ever follows a gaussian curve. Sure, they'll tell you that it does. They say that every five minutes someone dies in a car accident, but how often are there seven hundred and sixty one armless and legless corpses in one hangar?
                    TCO – Retired
                    Former TCO Head of Intelligence – Retired

Comment

A dream you've once had, SNAFU?
                      Genius is a blink before a moment of insanity.
                      "Dream is Destiny"
                      Waking Life

Comment

Originally posted by Curunir
                        A dream you've once had, SNAFU?
                        Not exactly.

Everytime I hear the word dream, I instantly think of the Marathon series. Marathon 1 was the first FPS I played, since my parents thought Doom was too violent since you're blowing away people instead of aliens, but who could have thought putting dreams, metaphysically dissertation, and lotsa big guns together could make something so deep?

http://marathon.bungie.org/
                        http://bungie.net/Games/Marathon/Default.aspx

Sorry for the hi-jack, but I play games to escape reality into a dream world of my own, and Marathon holds a special place in my heart for being the first. And the best. Definately the best.
                        TCO – Retired
                        Former TCO Head of Intelligence – Retired

Comment

Originally posted by TheMachine
                          Ahhh I see now...

I only recall having one such dream, I was running through a series of corridors and rooms, away from somebody.. I never knew who, the person was faceless.
                          I have lots of these dreams. My most memorable one happened a few years back.

Here i am, in the woods with nobody around me but the tall, silent trees.

At this point in my life, i was obsessed wiht nature, and would disapear for days on end jsut to be away from civilization, and i still run away for anwile every now and then, so it didn't strike me right away that i was dreaming. Anyway, back to the dream:

Here i am in the woods, lying on my back with the canopy above me. It's an overcast day, with the sky just barely visible behind the leaves. . after lying there for who knows how long, i sloywly get up and look around me. ther's a trail that i'm lying in the middle in, stretching out very far beyond me, and a faint leaf-strewn trail behind me. I felt no reason to go back, so i started forward.
                          The trail was easy enough at first, just a pleasant walk, but after awhile it started to get a little rocky. nothing i couldn't handle, but it became suddenly obvious that i was barefoot, and there was glass hidden under the dirt. Picking my way carefully, I continued down the trail.
                          Eventually, the glass stopped poking into my feet: it was still there, but my feet refused to let the glass shards past my outer layer of skin. I walked a little quicker then, aware of neither my path in front of me, nor the path behind.
                          Not too much later, i began to thirst, a terrible thirst that dragged me to my knees. i began crawling through the forest, and as i did so, the plant life around me began to wither and dry, leaving a pale, blight-ridden wasteland surrounding me, i could no longer lift my head to see where i was going, but i crawled on anyway. Just as i was about to give up, a hand held a galss of water to my lips. i drank deeply. The stranger offered to walk along with me for awhile, and in exchange for her help, all i was to do is to support her as she supported me. We continued through the green forest together.
                          From the forest, we entered a village. there, we took a refreshing bath, and tended to each other's wounded feet. Apparently, she, too, had walked over glass, but her glass cut deeper, and left tiny bits in her soles. I carefully removed them. It took a very long time for the wounds to heal, even after i picked hte pieces out. by the time we were ready to leave the vullage and continue down the road, we had grown ot know each other and decided to continue together.
                          It was then, as we walked out of the village that somethign stirred wihtin me. A sort of puling sensation right behind my navel, something tugging at me. I looked up, and the colors began to wash downward, like some cartoon or when a wet acrylic painting is sprayed wiht a hose. I realized it then. I t was all a deam. I struggeld to throw the paint back to were it was, but to no avail: everytin went white, and i fell. I don't konw how i knew i was falling, but it felt like an endless tumble into oblivion.

I woke up, and promplty for got the dream until almost 10 years later, when my mother confided in me a similar dream where she followed a trail. her dream, too, did not end, but went obscure wiht the realization of reality.

I interpret the dream as me folowing the trail of my life. So far, it's all come true. I'm in the cvillage now, picking the painful pieces of my girlfriend's family problems out of her soul. It's a long process, but it's working.
                          I don't see the fading as the end of my life, either. I guess it's the dream's way of not being forgotten, and of burning it's image into my mind. Nor do i see the dream as a set history of my future, but more as guidelines of a probable future, one that i must strive for.

That's my main experience, but i've had some like MAchine's, running from something, something i cannot see, but it's behind me and i want it kept there.I've had many others too. If i remember them, i'll fit them into the thread.

[EDIT:] I forgotto add: i've managed to be able to stay a little awake while dreaming so i can file away dreams that seem important like that one. Others getdiscarded. Maybe htat's why i'm naver awake in the mornings...
                          "Just off the border of your waking mind there lies another time, where darkness and light are one. As you tread the halls of sanity, you feel so glad to be unable to go beyond. I have a message from another time."

Comment

All the dreams I usually have a categorized in 4 chunks: Dreams where I am hunted, Dreams where I fly, Dreams of zombies, and Dreams where I am God (Lucid).

The dreams where I'm hunted are always have a different theme but always the same scenario. Sometimes I'm running through the forest with my bow and a beast is just out of site beyond some bushes or around a large tree. Or I'm the last marine running through metal corridors, and taking breaks take a few puffs from my cigar (BTW I don't smoke) and peering cautiously around corners making sure my rifle is not empty of ammo, just then I sense it coming out of the shadows. Other times I'm an animal and some larger more powerful beast is just beyond my field of vision.

Dreams where I fly are pretty self explanitory, although I can't get too high because at a certain point (30 ft) the air gets thin and I fall to the ground.

Some dreams I dreams where I'm totally screwed and thats where I'm confronted by packs and packs of zombies. Nothing else, scares me except for zombies, good thing they don't really exist. These dreams can get very emotional for me because of the extreme sense of fear, paranoia, and panic. The last zombie dream I had was a little too vivid and upsetting that I woke up in the middle of the night (I've never done this before) and couldn't tell if I was awake or still asleep, once I figured I was awake I didn't want to go back asleep. I went to sleep after a bit, I was too tired.

Lucid dreams are fun. For me they usually begin like the loadup program from The Matrix. If I want mountains I have them in less than loading time, then I practically walk or fly all over them. One time I made nothing but women in the white room. The great thing about this is they all looked completely different and completely from my own imagination, meaning I didn't recycle any looks from women that I've seen. And I made tons of them and--well the dream got a little wierd after that if you know what I mean . Sometimes its very comical being lucid, b/c sometimes I dream just like any miscellanious dream where I'm most of the time the focus and it goes on like a serious novel, when suddenly at one of the most climactic parts the figments in my dream suddenly do something like toss a pie in my face or something that stupid. And like actors when it comes to bloopers, I just laugh or roll my eyes say this is either too stupid or hilarious and everyone (including the "villains") come out and just laugh. Then I just wave my hands or just think it and the scene changes to whatever that pleases me at the moment. I usually like these dreams where I have total control, it only happens when somebody breaks character and *bamm* instant lucid. You kinda have the feeling like when at the very end of a serious movie,suddenly everyone gets together and just BS and has fun and finishes with a laugh or two.

That pretty much sums it up for me.
                            "He said he didn't trust me, so I killed him."--Hidden_Wolfe

Comment

Working...
                            X