TH-Sheriff 1.2 *update*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TH-Sheriff 1.2 *update*

I've made a big update to my map TH-sheriff. I've taken note of some of the criticisms from people, especially Nachimir, in the other thread, and tried to improve upon them.

I know this should be in the mapping forum but not evryone goes there regularly. Test it out and let me know what you think.

File Size 994kB

I will take a look at it never played sheriff though

Comment

Its all there, I think, the making of a good map. However I think you could 'fill' out the rooms a bit. All the rooms are quite big, but are sparsely furnished.
      For example the pool/snooker room is huge, and has only one table. Why not put 4 tables in there, and a bar for guests to get themselves a drink?
      Same for the library, need more shelves and desks and general library clutter.
      Its a work in progress i know, I think you have the basis for a kewl map, keep at it!

Bugs: I noticed a few items don't have a collision hull, so you can walk through them. Also there is a desk which when frobbed, produces the 'reading a book' popup. You can also go through the windows to either side of the front door, I didn't know if that was intentional or not. Maybe breakable windows could be put there instead.
      .: Daymaster - Mockers Thievery Guild :.

Comment

Ok, thanks. Points noted.

Comment

it does seem to be an empty map at points and there is only one entrance to one of the areas which had quite a bit of loot. the bridge i'm sure is the only way you want thieves to get across but swimming is kind of buggy and i think you should put fences where there are bends in the moat or the bridge wont have to be used
          This is my cool sig.

Comment

http://www.tears-of-blood.com/mapsfin3.htm
            http://profiles.myspace.com/users/7360475
            -=:ToB:=- / :]eDe[: Site: www.endarkend.net
            -=:ToB:=-Forums: www.endarkend.net/phpbb/
            -=:ToB:=-PayingSins (TUT MAP)- http://www.endarkend.net/downloads/m...oB_Payback.zip

Comment

Hey, there's the Vigo painting from Ghostbusters II!

Your map is getting better with each upgrade, Claymore. The guard house has an upstairs now, good. It should still have some other meaning also than holding the key, perhaps place small loot there? You can walk through the table upstairs.

I encountered a invisible stop while walking up on the hedge wall. Had to crouch to be able to continue. The hedge wall is a good idea, it makes the outside areas not so empty.

Should there be more guards? The house is quite big.

Why does it say "snagged an item" when I climb down from the roof to the attic by the ladder?
              My cats are black! How about yours?

Comment

looks like the dude just moved in.
                there are 3 entrances that i found.
                i'm with bucchus, what's the snagged an item thing?
                make the record player stop making the grabbed looot noise
                add some sounds to doors? unless they have super oil/grease on them.

Comment

Update? I didn't even know this map existed heh

*goes to download*
                  These days I find that I can't be bothered,
                  To argue with them - well what's the point?
                  Better to take you shots and drop down dead.

Comment

mmm, I too noticed the "Snagged an Item" message, but I thought it was in relation to taking the item of loot found in the attic safe. Maybe this is the intention, but the script needs refinement.

When you pick-up a certain sceptre in DP's map Th-Payback it prompts a thief-speech sound to be played. Maybe the relevant method of linking a message to grabbing an item can be found here.

Also, when you open the doors to the bookhouse in DE they flash-up messages, like "Close the Door behind you" maybe this could allow a messaged to be linked to opening the safe...
                    .: Daymaster - Mockers Thievery Guild :.

Comment

Originally posted by TafferBoy
                      mmm, I too noticed the "Snagged an Item" message, but I thought it was in relation to taking the item of loot found in the attic safe. Maybe this is the intention, but the script needs refinement.

When you pick-up a certain sceptre in DP's map Th-Payback it prompts a thief-speech sound to be played. Maybe the relevant method of linking a message to grabbing an item can be found here.

Also, when you open the doors to the bookhouse in DE they flash-up messages, like "Close the Door behind you" maybe this could allow a messaged to be linked to opening the safe...
                      The snagged an item message appears to be a bug. i have no idea why it's doing that. I thought it was something to do with the ladder but when I moved that it still comes up with the message.

Hmmm, I'll try and figure why it's happening and fix it in the next update.

Comment

My first ever map test, so sorry if this is crap O_o

There are polygons sticking out all over the place (although this is only really a minor problem to do with neatness). Most noteably there are afew on the edges of the riverbank and also in the house architecture itself. If you can be bothered to do something about this then I will try and make a list if you want, but its not really a pig thing.

There is a part of the level where you can see through about a one pisel line to see the sky outside (I think it is in the wall of one of the chimenys?).

A whole bookshelf with nothing in - either make them unreadeable or put something in them. Blank books are disappointing What you have written in the books is nice though.

The "secret" door into the rafters needs to be blended into the wall really ATM it stick out really obviously.

You can't shoot rope arrows into the trees

The top of the gates (main ones at least, could also be others too) has the hedge/grass texture.

You can mantle the really high banks of the river (but not actually get up - although you probably could if you tried enough). From how you've made the map, I'd guess you didn't mean for people to be able to mantle the river banks.

Overall, the rooms need to be a bit more detailed. Maybe a few secret things, although thats not completely necessary. A cupboard under the stairs would be nice

It needs that extra polish and secretyness to make it from being a good map to a great map.

Good job, Daniel

Comment

The gramaphone can be frobbed and makes a loot noise? O_o

The windows in the guard house are a bit tricky to to open

You can walk right through the table in the guard house

The guard house is a bit plain and boring atm

Also, maybe make the rim of the roof of the Sheriff's house wood, so that you can rope arrow onto it?

Comment

Version 1.34 (said to be final version) is availble on ToB site.
                            http://profiles.myspace.com/users/7360475
                            -=:ToB:=- / :]eDe[: Site: www.endarkend.net
                            -=:ToB:=-Forums: www.endarkend.net/phpbb/
                            -=:ToB:=-PayingSins (TUT MAP)- http://www.endarkend.net/downloads/m...oB_Payback.zip

Comment

Working...
                            X